WRFL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glen Orden have appointed Will Baird from up in Darwin as Senior Coach for 2019

Will be interesting as he has only started Coaching the Ressies team at the Darwin FC this season. The Seniors are coached by former Kangaroo Matt Campbell

I'd say the Club is hoping he brings a few lads from up North down for the season.

Can see them just flying down for the games each week and not relocating.

Glen Orden have appointed Will Baird from up in Darwin as Senior Coach for 2019

Will be interesting as he has only started Coaching the Ressies team at the Darwin FC this season. The Seniors are coached by former Kangaroo Matt Campbell

I'd say the Club is hoping he brings a few lads from up North down for the season.

Can see them just flying down for the games each week and not relocating.

Pretty sure Matty Campbell will be playing for Laverton for a game or 2

Just wondering when all the other teams are getting back into pre season? We will hit the track again Tuesday Feb 5. Cya round 4 bush man. CTC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have just come across Truganina Thunder facebook page looking for juniors next season. Starting off slow only looking for under 10's at this time.

Whilst im all for growth of our game in the west, is it really necessary to have another club in the area? Wyndham, Laverton, Glenorden all have next to no juniors and yet another club is being added. I think if anything another club should be registered in the area between Truganina and Derrimut. Thoughts?

Have just come across Truganina Thunder facebook page looking for juniors next season. Starting off slow only looking for under 10's at this time.

Whilst im all for growth of our game in the west, is it really necessary to have another club in the area? Wyndham, Laverton, Glenorden all have next to no juniors and yet another club is being added. I think if anything another club should be registered in the area between Truganina and Derrimut. Thoughts?
Wyndham Suns move back to their area and become Trug Suns?

Laverton and Glenorden are a long way from the new Truganina club and they have both had none or very few juniors in recent prior years. So its not as if Truganina will be "pinching" kids from them. Have noticed Lavo are attempting a junior rebuild this season, good luck to them, but they are 7-8kms and a wide freeway from Truganina so won't be competing for the same kids.

5 primary schools in Laverton / Altona Meadows alone so kids are there and many of them appear to be the right "demographic".

Laverton and Glenorden are a long way from the new Truganina club and they have both had none or very few juniors in recent prior years. So its not as if Truganina will be "pinching" kids from them. Have noticed Lavo are attempting a junior rebuild this season, good luck to them, but they are 7-8kms and a wide freeway from Truganina so won't be competing for the same kids.

5 primary schools in Laverton / Altona Meadows alone so kids are there and many of them appear to be the right "demographic".

I also agree and area like Laverton should have enough kids to have 1 or 2 junior teams in each age group. The problem is finding a person in that area that is willing to do the hard yards as they are not a big club. I think AFL Vic has to get up and start to help some clubs to better the community and an area like Laverton would be a great start. Why don’t they fund a person to do the role (small part time package) and allow them access to AFL players. We need to start helping the young kids and families in the community.
Another idea is to have payment plans for families with regards to registration, playing gear etc.

I also agree and area like Laverton should have enough kids to have 1 or 2 junior teams in each age group. The problem is finding a person in that area that is willing to do the hard yards as they are not a big club. I think AFL Vic has to get up and start to help some clubs to better the community and an area like Laverton would be a great start. Why don’t they fund a person to do the role (small part time package) and allow them access to AFL players. We need to start helping the young kids and families in the community.
Another idea is to have payment plans for families with regards to registration, playing gear etc.
Credit to Laverton the club seem to be making this is a primary focus and it should be.

Back to my original point. Its not like Truganina is out on there own with no clubs around. Sanctuary Lakes, Wyndham, Hoppers, Glenorden, Tarneit, Laverton, Point Cook all with in a 10 minute drive from the oval they are playing on. My original point stands.

Good point. Have a look at the cricket clubs playing in the churches comp. I rest my case

AFL Vic have a bloke in that role, in a full time gig. He works massive hours in trying to work in with interested clubs, and ensures that all schools have an AFL presence. Has always been easily accessible to any club who have ideas or an interest in promoting themselves from a Juniors angle.

My understanding was the Suns were extremely keen to move there to the point they registered the Business Name Truganina Football Club, which is the reason this club is Truganina thunder FC. AFL Vic/The Council and WRFL wanted a new club there. They should have allowed the Suns to move Tarneit won't sustain 2 clubs long term especially once the A league moves in

On Lavo, hats off to the they are having a crack, but if you had a choice Lavo or have your kids play at Point Cook or Altona you would drive an extra 5 mins to go to clubs that are very good junior clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back