WWE need to bring back Vince Russo as head writer

Remove this Banner Ad

This is pretty much the only thing they can do to save the embarassing declining ratings.

Russo saved them in the past by creating the attitude era from a stale product in 96/97 with Cornette and Prichard in charge and this is what needs to happen again.

Russo is not stuck in the wrestling bubble like pretty much everyone who works there. He invests in characters and storyline’s, which is practically non existent now, and doesn’t care as much for the in ring aspect which is where the focus is now. The in ring aspect will never bring in casual fans and the die hard fans will watch the product regardless.

Vince McMahon needs to come to his senses and bring back the man who saved his company back in the lates 90s.

This is pretty much the only thing they can do to save the embarassing declining ratings.

Russo saved them in the past by creating the attitude era from a stale product in 96/97 with Cornette and Prichard in charge and this is what needs to happen again.

Russo is not stuck in the wrestling bubble like pretty much everyone who works there. He invests in characters and storyline’s, which is practically non existent now, and doesn’t care as much for the in ring aspect which is where the focus is now. The in ring aspect will never bring in casual fans and the die hard fans will watch the product regardless.

Vince McMahon needs to come to his senses and bring back the man who saved his company back in the lates 90s.

Vince Russo, put both WCW and TNA down. Decisions such as putting the WCW championship on David Arquette, putting the WCW title on himself were massive failures on his behalf. Making the decision to get rid of the 6 sided ring in TNA, becoming a stale version of WWE by copying their storyline’s nearly broke TNA. So it’s a big no from me. He would be more hated than Baron Corbin and Roman Reigns combined.

One other problem with this, is the other Vince, the one that micro manages everything, from telling people what to say, to what people wear, to how they should act, until this other Vince goes and *s around with his pr0n football thing, things are going to stay the same.

Read "The Death of WCW" and then revisit this.

Listen to anyone who was actually there and they discredit that book as a pile of ****.

As someone who is a fan of both Something to Wrestling with Bruce Prichard and 83 weeks with Eric Bischoff--- both men regularly critique Russo as someone who had some great ideas, but also some really horrible ones and struggled to filter between the good and the bad when he didn't have Vince McMahon in charge of him.

The wrestling world needs to move forward--- not go back to the Attitude era. If I want to watch stuff from that era I've got the WWE Network-- I don't want to current product to resemble it.

As someone who is a fan of both Something to Wrestling with Bruce Prichard and 83 weeks with Eric Bischoff--- both men regularly critique Russo as someone who had some great ideas, but also some really horrible ones and struggled to filter between the good and the bad when he didn't have Vince McMahon in charge of him.

The wrestling world needs to move forward--- not go back to the Attitude era. If I want to watch stuff from that era I've got the WWE Network-- I don't want to current product to resemble it.

You forgot to mention Jim Cornett on his critisms of Russo! Agree attitude era is past, Time for the future!

I listen to both. Something to Wrestle with is great, purely for the entertainment and impersonations provided by Prichard. 83 Weeks is ok, Bischoff loves bragging about the business aspect which I find a little dull. Anyway, the criticisms on Russo are completely fair but surely you’d rather his booking philosophy over what they’re doing at the moment.

I’m not at all saying they should go back to the attitude era. They need to adapt with the times and book accordingly with what’s going on in the real world. Russo has even said himself it’s not just a case of going back to attitude era but coming up with something new, which I think he’s the only one capable of... Whereas everyone there lives in the wrestling bubble and only knows how to write dull wrestling stuff that’s been done to death.

Id take constant title changes over the crap we’re getting at the moment.

His good was good, his bad was terrible. Judy Bagwell on a pole match? I pass on his car crash style, of let’s make everything controversial. Vince Russo would make an unbearable product to being unwatchable drivel. The bad outweighs the good.

I listen to both. Something to Wrestle with is great, purely for the entertainment and impersonations provided by Prichard. 83 Weeks is ok, Bischoff loves bragging about the business aspect which I find a little dull. Anyway, the criticisms on Russo are completely fair but surely you’d rather his booking philosophy over what they’re doing at the moment.

I’m not at all saying they should go back to the attitude era. They need to adapt with the times and book accordingly with what’s going on in the real world. Russo has even said himself it’s not just a case of going back to attitude era but coming up with something new, which I think he’s the only one capable of... Whereas everyone there lives in the wrestling bubble and only knows how to write dull wrestling stuff that’s been done to death.

Id take constant title changes over the crap we’re getting at the moment.

I know there is parts of the WWE (in particularly Raw) that's not great at the moment, but that doesn't mean I want Russo back. As Nugett suggested Russo was the "King of Car Crash" TV--- but it meant continual, nonsensical heel turns that left WCW fans with no one to cheer for, strange stipulations such as 'Insert thing here' on a pole match, Reverse Battle Royals, Feast or Fired Matches, etc. , over the top 'relationship dramas' such as Edge/Ryan Shamrock, David Flair/Stacey Keibler, etc.

I'd much prefer to trust the current NXT booking team with evolving the business. The Johnny Gargano/Tommaso Ciampa storylines over the past 3 years (first as a tag team, then rivals, now friends) has been absolutely amazing. The end of NXT Takeover: New York where Gargano & Ciampa hug to finish the show is the ultimate wrestling moment IMO in the past five years after everything they've been through and the matches they had.

if they hire Russo, they may as well hire Cornette as well. Vince M, HHH and Dunn can be the bullshit judges for their constant non-talking s**t fights. Hell even turn it into a show, that would be worth watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing you don't watch New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Got any facts to back it up?

As I said:
- WWE highest ratings ever with him as head writer
- WCW ratings went up with him as head writer
- TNA highest ratings ever with him as head writer

FACTS ?

Lets just settle this right now in a STEEL CAGE MATCH

0b605-15565918709362-800.jpg

I remember back when he jumped from WWF to WCW I was so excited. Being a fan of both products, i think i was more into WCW because at the time I think were getting raw two weeks behind but WCW would always be up to date the same week, but around that time WCW had gotten so stale. Anyway, he broke my little heart. He is the absolute shits.

Gonna need proof.

Are there any compelling characters with good storyline’s or is the emphasis on the in ring work?
Fair amount of both. They tell stories in the ring. They have upped there game storylines and drama wise the last couple of years though with some significant turns (Bullet Club split, Jay White and Gedo on Okada) and drama.

Vince Russo, put both WCW and TNA down. Decisions such as putting the WCW championship on David Arquette, putting the WCW title on himself were massive failures on his behalf. Making the decision to get rid of the 6 sided ring in TNA, becoming a stale version of WWE by copying their storyline’s nearly broke TNA. So it’s a big no from me. He would be more hated than Baron Corbin and Roman Reigns combined.

One other problem with this, is the other Vince, the one that micro manages everything, from telling people what to say, to what people wear, to how they should act, until this other Vince goes and ****s around with his pr0n football thing, things are going to stay the same.

Though at WWE he would have people to stop him doing his Stupid Ideas and only go with his Good Ones like what happened in the Attitude Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back