Has Kruezer been terribly disappointing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing delusional about it.

Almost all of my posts on the NM board are spent whacking Hansen. Doesn't change my comparison one bit.

Would be nice if people disproved it rather than just flippantly replying to it.

Hansen and Kreuzer have both had one superstar game and have shown patches. They're both a long way off it.

That's why you're getting short replies. Suggesting that other than 1 game Kreuzer has only shown patches.

That Rioli has achieved something. Look guys, we can play the dick measuring game all we like but even I, a tiger fan can admit that as a 18 yo small forward on grand final day, Rioli was pretty damn impressive. Laid a crucial tackle and kicked two goals.

I do wonder what Carlton do if they feel Warnock can handle the rucking duties with Hampson being the able depute. Because as people have said, Kreuzer may be a good ruck but he's not a forward. There's a few teams sniffing around for a ruck. Port, Richmond, Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn and Collingwood, who are looking to replace Jolly soon all have big man needs or varying degrees. I imagine Kreuzer would still carry quite a bit of currency. This is not to say Kreuzer isn't a future star, but Carlton need to weigh their options.
In the event that Ellis and Conca became stars, would Richmond trade either Martin, Deledio or Cotchin to get a gun KPD or ruck?

:eek:

Had probably the best ten touches you will see in a grand final. I can happily accept that. His 3-on-1 was when you knew Hawthorn would win. It was exactly like the Christensen mark against two in last years grand final.

Loving this thread, all the Carlton fans claiming Kreuzer will be elite. Based on what evidence? That he was a high draft pick? He's shown about as much as Lachie Hansen has and Hansen is an absolute whipping boy on these boards.

They've both had injuries, both had one superstar game, both done some nice things, but both have shown they have miles to go to make it.

You obviously didn't see Ted Hopkins in the 1970 GF.

FWIW, Kreuzer has shown a fair bit more than Hansen. In Hansen's defence he has never been allowed to settle in one position, being shunted backward & forward. Where is his best position, forward or back?

In the event that Ellis and Conca became stars, would Richmond trade either Martin, Deledio or Cotchin to get a gun KPD or ruck?

:eek:

Erm, in your haste to make a snide point you've failed to realise that Ellis and Conca would probably play back, whereas Cotchin and Martin would play midfield. Ergo, Deledio would probably play forward. Or go to another club, which sounds likely. And anyway, Richmond are still a long way away from the kind of depth in midfield that you have in your ruck division. I mean, Richmond still plays players like Jackson through its midfield, and hardly has any forward flankers. Allowing Deledio to play forward would be fantastic.

There's also the issue of midfield depth, which seems a big issue. I'd rather have supreme midfield depth than 3 rucks in the 22. Hawthorn proved that you don't need an A grade ruck division to win flags.

Lindsay Thomas vs Jeffey Garlett.

They both need their names in the missing persons registry just as much as Essendon's Kyle Reimers.

50 goals a season not quite enough for a small forward?
Keep the ball rolling and lets throw in Yarran vs Alwyn Davey.

I can understand some questioning Kreuzer, but that may just be as much for him being out of the game for almost 2 years now.
He played part of last year but he was carrying too much weight which really slowed him down after that terrific Swans game.
Unfortunately finished the year off with another leg injury of sorts which then ruled him out off the finals.

In answer to the OP: Far from disappointing, but disappointed for his injuries.

I can understand some questioning Kreuzer, but that may just be as much for him being out of the game for almost 2 years now.
He played part of last year but he was carrying too much weight which really slowed him down after that terrific Swans game.
Unfortunately finished the year off with another leg injury of sorts which then ruled him out off the finals.

In answer to the OP: Far from disappointing, but disappointed for his injuries.

Wrong. Its actually the fact that since he was drafted, Carlton fans have always held him in such high regard, without actually proving it on game day.

Wrong. Its actually the fact that since he was drafted, Carlton fans have always held him in such high regard, without actually proving it on game day.

Wrong? Right.

Which game day do you think he didn't prove anything on.
Virtually won the game for us against Port in his first year at the club and has been developing very well since, until injury prevailed.

Do remember that he is a ruck-man and not a mid-fielder, also. Just for your information.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

prior to his knee injury he was looking like he was going to become one of the games dominant ruckmen. even on his return he was still thoroughly impressive in a number of games.

him, nic nat, leunenberger, goldstein, z smith and clark (if the latter can get his arse back into gear) will have some epic battles. could be an absolute golden age of ruckmen.

[YOUTUBE]6MUc6hXYBSM[/YOUTUBE]

That was the only game he played as a first ruck last year due to Hampson's injury

If Ratten plays this guy as a forward he should be sacked. He will be the best ruck in the game by a long long way if allowed to be first ruck. Just get rid of Warnock and play Hampson in "the Leigh Brown role"!!!!

His follow up work competing and doing all the "unsexy stuff" was amazing, his taps were nice to but his run was beyond 1st class.

The only way he'd ever get beaten in the ruck is if another ruck who is more agile than him, could only think of Ryder or Nic Nat, play a purely defensive role on him. Even then he'd be dragging what could be an offensive weapon for the other side out of play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back