Your worst/funniest/most embarrassing reaction after a loss

Remove this Banner Ad

I can honestly say I have never acted violently or verbally abused anyone other than my television…I just clam up and sulk after a loss.

Don't mind whistling the song on a packed train full of the other team's supporters after a win, though…does that count as abuse?

Look anyone who takes time out of there day to post on this board (or any on BF) are fairly passionate supporters I would have thought!!
I went from 90's glory in my teenage years to the tripe that happened in the "naughties" and now we have this somewhere in between thing. When we lost I dirtied up when we were a powerhouse, I dirtied up when we were shizen and I still dirty up today.Thats passion, that's footy. Shouldn't ever ever lead to violence tho.

A few years ago, I had a bet with my Nephew (Melbourne 'supporter').

He was watching the game on pay TV and I begged him not to call until after the delayed telecast finished on normal TV because I could not get live access to the game.

We were ahead at half time and not looking too bad in the third. Then came the phone call.

My wife handed me the phone telling me that my Nephew had called. That could only mean the Dees had got up. I took the phone and hung up without saying a word. He called back with exactly the same result. I refused to take the phone a third time and remember using the word smartass to describe his attempts to contact me.

I then had to sit there and watch the horror of us surrendering what should have been a match winning lead, all while knowing the inevitable outcome.

To this day, I still do not believe we have ever discussed the outcome of that match and I have never apologised. A bit embarrassing considering he was only a kid/teenager and was probably just overexcited. It is extremely likely his parents encouraged the early phone call, so I probably shouldn't have reacted that way to him.

Are saying that people shouldn't get cut and vent about football for the sake of children? I have always considered sport an outlet totally separate to real life, vent away I say!

Not really sure that mouthing off at the footy renders you a dead-s**t role model.

It appears that you have clearly had some s**t experiences in this regard though so apologies for pressing the point, I'm just curious on your take.

What happens at the footy stays at the footy. Try not to bring it home, or if watching at home, get out of the house for a bit of a calm-down!

A few years ago, I had a bet with my Nephew (Melbourne 'supporter').

He was watching the game on pay TV and I begged him not to call until after the delayed telecast finished on normal TV because I could not get live access to the game.

We were ahead at half time and not looking too bad in the third. Then came the phone call.

My wife handed me the phone telling me that my Nephew had called. That could only mean the Dees had got up. I took the phone and hung up without saying a word. He called back with exactly the same result. I refused to take the phone a third time and remember using the word smartass to describe his attempts to contact me.

I then had to sit there and watch the horror of us surrendering what should have been a match winning lead, all while knowing the inevitable outcome.

To this day, I still do not believe we have ever discussed the outcome of that match and I have never apologised. A bit embarrassing considering he was only a kid/teenager and was probably just overexcited. It is extremely likely his parents encouraged the early phone call, so I probably shouldn't have reacted that way to him.

I think you handled that well.
It's not as if you gave him a spray - you actually avoided a situation where you may have ended up giving him a spray.
And you did ask him not to call - as a teenager, he should have been old enough to understand that, and if not he learned a lesson. Different if he was about 7 or something. Then you would have to find your inner strength.

Ripped the guernsey off, threw it across the room, where it proceeded to wrap itself around the head of lesbian (turned out it was a lesbian bar)

She saw the lighter side(she actually bought me a drink) and proceeded to use it as a cape for the rest evening, while management provided me with a promo shirt for the rest of the night

candy-crush-simpsons-lesbian-bar.jpg

I am generally not an angry man, but sometimes football gets the better of me. If I'm watching at home, God help any intimate object within reach.

Ferrisb vs remotes, round 1

2009 elimination final. Threw the remote against the wall. Broken, needed to order new one. Missus who is not a football fan was mightily unimpressed.

Remotes 1,Ferrisb 0 (or reverse, depending on how you keep score).

Remotes vs Ferrisb, round 2

Probably at the moment of the walker non-free kick I feel the wall of anger rising. I know I need to control myself, so I grab the nearby cushion (I'm trying to be clever here so I grab one that's decorative, not supportive) and fling with all my might. Skims off the couch, knocks off remote (the replacement) and topples a lamp over. Remote broken (again), lamp busted and the hullabaloo wakes up my six week old daughter. And if I thought my wife was unimpressed the first time...

Final score: Remotes 2, Ferrisb 0

Oh, and my worst behaviour at a game was vs St Kilda 2006. The one where riewoldt outscored Carlton by 5 goals.

I've never been so F this and F that. My lovely wife suggested I shouldn't swear in front of kids. My response? F THE KIDS! Probably the rage - iest I've ever been.

Amongst the few times anyone has ever witnessed me truly losing my s**t and I followed each occasion up with hours of sulking.

not my proudest moments.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The 1st Collingwood loss last year-

I was sitting in a Collingwood section and we were down by 5 points. Collingwood kicked 2 quick goals late in the 4th to seal the game and all of the Collingwood supporters started bagging out Carlton and insulting me. I cracked the sh*ts, stood up to go home and because I was so nervous watching the game my knees gave way and I fell over the empty seat in front of me... Hurt my ribs badly and I made a massive fool of myself. Pies fans made sure to rub it in... :(

Pretty scummy of them considering it was an entire section of Pies fans yelling the abuse and I'm a young female and I hadn't said anything all game :( My brother (who is a Collingwood supporter) gave them a bit of a spray which eased the pain!

At tonights game, the Melbourne Victory Final last Friday and the Carlton vs. Richmond Elimination Final last year- I jumped up to celebrate after the siren/whistle and each time my knees gave way!!!
Why the heck haven't I learnt my lesson?! Hahaha!

Might be time to get those knees checked out haha

Hahahaha yeah, there's something not right there!
I went on a 16km hike the other day and I had a similar problem- halfway through the hike I couldn't stand up because my knees kepts shaking and giving way haha!

Surely there's other people who have this issue at the footy? I think it's partly because I've been sitting for 3 hours and partly because I can't cope with close games hahaha?

-----

The final against West Coast in 2011 was probably my most embarrassing and worst reaction after a loss. I went on a huge Chamberlain rant, I kicked a football off the ground and smashed the glass in our TV cabinet (aimed for the couch and missed badly :oops: (honest misake)) and I wept for 2 hours... :(
I was ruined for a good week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahaha yeah, there's something not right there!
I went on a 16km hike the other day and I had a similar problem- halfway through the hike I couldn't stand up because my knees kepts shaking and giving way haha!

Surely there's other people who have this issue at the footy? I think it's partly because I've been sitting for 3 hours and partly because I can't cope with close games hahaha?

-----

The final against West Coast in 2011 was probably my most embarrassing and worst reaction after a loss. I went on a huge Chamberlain rant, I kicked a football off the ground and smashed the glass in our TV cabinet (aimed for the couch and missed badly :oops: (honest misake)) and I wept for 2 hours... :(
I was ruined for a good week.
That definitely doesn't sound right haha. Might be worth getting them checked out :p maybe go for a walk at halftime haha

That definitely doesn't sound right haha. Might be worth getting them checked out :p maybe go for a walk at halftime haha

Advice taken! Haha :thumbsu:
It would also be nice if the Carlton FC could win by a margin larger than 20 points! These close games are starting to not only test my knees but test my heart as well! I'm expecting a 30+ point win next week as compensation ;)

The '86 Grand Final.
Hawthorn towelled us up and it was Bruce Doull's last game. He too had been well beaten by Gary Buckenara that day. I was in the old Southern stand with my dad and we both stood there and openly cried as Doully was chaired off the ground. Such a sad finish to an almighty career, I was 16 and cried for about an hour after the game. I held him in such regard I didn't think it was fair for him to have to end it like that.
Not really embarrassing but I can't remember crying that much after a loss since then, although there have been tears shed.
I get very emotional over my beloved Blues but keep it on the inside mostly.
We had our revenge on the Hawks in '87 and I was lucky enough to be there on that hot September day as well as we claimed cup number 15

Ripped the guernsey off, threw it across the room, where it proceeded to wrap itself around the head of lesbian (turned out it was a lesbian bar)

She saw the lighter side(she actually bought me a drink) and proceeded to use it as a cape for the rest evening, while management provided me with a promo shirt for the rest of the night

Geez, I hope you're a female. :) (Am I doing it right?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back