VFL Richmond vs Western Bulldogs: Saturday 9th of July at Whitten Oval 2pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to keep Maric involved in the club.. in development would be ideal.. champion of a bloke
Would like to see him being our ruck coach, also help mentoring with his work ethic. Love the Big Ivvy, he showed heart & soul when we needed it over the past few seasons, before injuries took there toll.

McRae will mention him in the write up..." Look it's not how many disposals or goals, it's what Tyrone does off the ball that's invaluable to the team'
Is that the arm waving and finger pointing stuff that's so invaluable?

Liked the selections for the Bullies AFL game, no point winning games from here, pick 7 should suit you just fine. Great to finally see some of your younger players on the park rather than the failed retreads. Finally admitting where your list is REALLY at is the first step in going forward. BTW thought the umps robbed you guys last night, very very ordinary decisions against you.

Elton kicked a goal. ..tried up forward?
Lennon...anyone see how he went?

Lennon - He was in the midst of a few contests but TBH didn't really stand out. Looked to be playing an outside mid role. Possibly just taking his return slowly which is to be expected.

Elton - Warmed up for a really long time before making his appearance in the 2nd quarter, the guy is REALLY well built and fit. No kidding he's built like a brick wall with quads like tree trunks ;)
He played a stay home full forward in a period we didn't get a lot of the ball inside 50 but was moving well when it did. Came off in the third quarter for a prolonged period of time doing stretches not sure if he got back on.

Last edited:
Lennon - He was in the midst of a few contested but TBH didn't really stand out. Looked to be playing an outside mid role. Possibly just taking his return slowly which is to be expected.

Elton - Warmed up for a really long time before making his appearance in the 2nd quarter, the guy is REALLY well built and fit. No kidding he's built like a brick wall with quads like tree trunks ;)
He played a stay home full forward in a period we didn't get a lot of the ball inside 50 but was moving well when it did. Came off in the third quarter for a prolonged period of time doing stretches not sure if he got back on.
Elton coming back from an injury if i remember, so the limited game time I guess. Hopefully next game if Bean keeps playing Elton plays forward again. Not setting the world on fire down back, but ordinary kick i heard.
Yes, Lennon should be given plenty of time to get some touches. Drummond probably ready before him?

Elton coming back from an injury if i remember, so the limited game time I guess. Hopefully next game if Bean keeps playing Elton plays forward again. Not setting the world on fire down back, but ordinary kick i heard.
Yes, Lennon should be given plenty of time to get some touches. Drummond probably ready before him?

I've liked Drummond since returning but Saturday he was caught out a fair bit. For mine one player I'd love to see at AFL level is Callum Moore. Really reminds me of a tough, young Jack Riewoldt. His agility and courage to take flight over any pack on Saturday really stood out for mine. Has speed and is tactical as well. Very impressive young player.

I've liked Drummond since returning but Saturday he was caught out a fair bit. For mine one player I'd love to see at AFL level is Callum Moore. Really reminds me of a tough, young Jack Riewoldt. His agility and courage to take flight over any pack on Saturday really stood out for mine. Has speed and is tactical as well. Very impressive young player.
Well...rather than Drummond, that stamps Vickery's papers if that's the case.

Wish he could kick like Jack. But that's (kicking) why he's a rookie I suppose.
George has managed to improve his kicking as a rookie pick so hopefully Moore can do the same.
Did he play as forward or back ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish he could kick like Jack. But that's (kicking) why he's a rookie I suppose.
George has managed to improve his kicking as a rookie pick so hopefully Moore can do the same.
Did he play as forward or back ?

Remarkably he was everywhere. If I had to lock down a role he spent majority of the time doing it would be a forward/midfielder. He drifted as far back as our defensive 50 on more than one occasion. He spent very little time on the bench too. I guess that's why he reminds me of Jack so much, a real athlete. I wouldn't have had him BOG but very surprised to see him absent from the top 6 best on the day, will be interesting to hear what McCrae's report says.

Lennon - He was in the midst of a few contests but TBH didn't really stand out. Looked to be playing an outside mid role. Possibly just taking his return slowly which is to be expected.

Wouldn't be surprised if we moved Vickery and McBean on, recruit one or two KPD's and move Elton forward for next year

Wouldn't be surprised if we moved Vickery and McBean on, recruit one or two KPD's and move Elton forward for next year
After 12 years or whatever in defense, the defensive side of his game should be phenomenal.

laI5ZEZ.png

R5V2aoW.png

From the tigers website

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-07-11/vfl-tigers-fall-to-dogs

GOALS:

Richmond : Townsend 2 Moore Ballard Marcon Elton Aarts Lambert Chol

BEST (according to sporting pulse): Marcon Lambert Townsend Chaplin Moore Darley

The Tigers have a bye this week, before they prepare to face Box Hill on Sunday, July 24 at Punt Road Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back