Not open for further replies.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
Alright, footy fans, get ready for a ripper of a game on April 8th, 2023, when the Richmond Tigers take on the Western Bulldogs at the legendary MCG! And let's be real here, we're all glad that this game is back at the G again instead of that dump of a stadium, Marvel Stadium. Am I right?

First off, we have the Tigers with 1 win, 1 draw, and 1 loss this year, ready to take on the Bulldogs, who have 1 win and 2 losses. It's going to be an epic showdown between these two teams, and we can't wait to see who comes out on top!

Luke Beveridge had this to say about the upcoming match, "We know Richmond are a strong side, but we're confident we can bring our best footy to the game and make it a competitive match." Ah, yes, confidence is key. Too bad it doesn't win games.

According to Damien Hardwick, "We're looking forward to the challenge against the Bulldogs. They're a quality team, and we're going to have to bring our best footy to get the result we're after."

But wait, there's more! The Tigers will be welcoming back Dusty to the forward-line and Hopper to the midfield, and you know what that means - domination, baby! And let's not forget about Nank, who's going to have a much better game with Hopper's return. It's going to be a triple threat that the Bulldogs won't know what hit them.

Now, we don't want to sound too confident, but let's be real - the Tigers are going to win this game and win big! But don't worry, we'll say it in a self-deprecating manner so as not to offend anyone. After all, we Tigers fans are a humble bunch, right? And if they don't win, well, we'll just blame it on the umpires. But hey, let's give credit where credit is due. The Bulldogs have some great players. There's... uh... well, there's... no, wait, I'm sure there's someone. Maybe.

There's also a bit of controversy brewing in the Tigers camp, as Cumberland will be dropped for this game. We know, we know - it's a big call, and some fans are not happy about it. But hey, we trust the coach's decision, and we're sure Cumberland will bounce back stronger than ever.

So, there you have it, folks. The stage is set for an epic showdown between the Tigers and Bulldogs, and we can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Will the Tigers dominate as we predict, or will the Bulldogs pull off an upset? We'll just have to wait and see. One thing's for sure, though - it's going to be one heck of a game!

This week we come up against a Dogs outfit that finally got itself up and going with a 14 point win over the Lions at Marvel Stadium, while we're coming off a 14 point loss against the Pies that are playing near the top of their game at the moment. This game shapes up as an early 8 point game as after this game we've got a Sydney side that has been in reasonable form this year with 2 comfortable wins but lowered their colors against the Dees.

Potential Line Ups

F: S.Ryan D.Martin T.Lynch
B: J.Bruce A.Keath L.Jones

HF: M.Rioli J.Graham S.Bolton
HB: B.Dale J.Johannisen E.Richards

C: K.McIntosh J.Hopper M.Pickett
C: B.Smith M.Bontempelli J.Macrae

HB: L.Baker D.Grimes D.Rioli
HF: O.Baker J.Ugle-Hagan R.Garcia

B: N.Vlastuin N.Balta T.Young
F: A.Scott A.Naughton R.Lobb

R: T.Nankervis T.Taranto D.Prestia
R: T.English T.Liberatore A.Treloar

INT: T.Cotchin J.Riewoldt N.Cumberland J.Ross
INT: H.Crozier A.Jones B.Williams C.Daniel

Changes:
Tigers
Out: Clarke Ralphsmith Mansell
In: Martin Hopper

Dogs - Unchanged

Key Match Ups
Pretty much it all starts where the game starts and that is in the middle and the match up between Nankervis Hopper Taranto Prestia Pickett McItntosh Bolton Cotchin v English Bontempelli Liberatore Treloar Macrae Smith Daniel Baker. Which ever unit can gain the accendency will go a long way to setting their side on the path to victory. We're going to also be aided by the return of Martin who can go through the middle whenever he feels as well as Ross and Graham coming off the bench as depth.

English has started to establish himself as the premier up and coming young ruckman in the comp, while Nankervis has started the season very strongly and has been arguably our best player this season along with Taranto and Baker. Both ruckmen will get involved in the play around the ground and English can push forward to have an impact for the Dogs on the scoreboard, but Nank is no stranger at getting back and supporting the back 6 so it should be a pretty even battle between the 2.

Where is really gets interesting is the Hopper Taranto Prestia v Bontempelli Liberatore Treloar match up. Our clearance work was a bit hit and miss against the Pies as we won our fair share of them but our rewards from those clearance wins didn't translate to scoreboard impact and it seemed to be our starting mids in Taranto Prestia and Cotchin got themselves sucked too close to the stoppage and were often fighting themselves for the clearance. Hopefully with the return of Hopper and a bit of a tweak in our structures around the stoppages we can have a bigger scoreboard impact from our clearance wins. On the Dogs side Beveridge has been playing a few games with his midfielders with Macrae barely used in the middle a couple of weeks back while and only being used in 40% of centre bounces against the Lions while BaileySmith featured even less with just 5% usage last week. Again which ever group can get the cleaner clearances will go a long way to winning the game.

I'm a little concerned with our back 6 which has been holding up pretty well the last couple of weeks when they were under the pump and against the Dogs they come up against a formidable forward group with Naughton a contested marking animal who can impact contests when he seems to be out of them, while Ugle-Hagan will have a heap of confidence after a 5 goal haul against the Lions. Lobb hasn't really hit his stride yet at the Dogs, but is good enough to have a major impact if he gets his confience up early on. Against them we've got Balta who has been mighty the last 2 weeks but his support has some questions about it, with Grimes seemingly off his game a little, while Young is entering his 3rd career game. If our midfield struggles to at least breakeven they could be in for a busy day down back. On the flip side Baker Daniel and Vlastuin have been pretty solid this year and should once again provide plenty of drive and rebound out of D50.

Up forward I think we're getting close to the forward line structure that we want with Lynch as the focal point, Jack/Ryan as the second marking options, then attacking mid sized options in Martin Bolton and no Cumberland back in the line up if our midfield gets on top and we can get clean entries into our F50 we could certainly put the Dogs back 6 under real pressure. The Dogs back 6 aren't filled with AA types, but they are a solid unit that have proven that they can match up against quality forward lines and hold them to a losing score. With our midfield back to full strength this week we'll have the ability to support Maurice with Graham to help put the Dogs rebounding HBs under pressure.

With all that being said and for those who will simply TL;DR I believe that we can win and can start to truly show the type of footy that we really want to play. Tough at the contest, quick ball movement, solid team defence and hitting the scoreboard regulary.

Tigers by 30 points.

prodigy ai steps in to save you from creating the preview thread
Haha thanks to the AI for stepping up to the plate. I was just about to check if it had been done and if it wasn't I was going to throw something together.

Haha thanks to the AI for stepping up to the plate. I was just about to check if it had been done and if it wasn't I was going to throw something together.
theres farrken 2 going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, footy fans, get ready for a ripper of a game on April 8th, 2023, when the Richmond Tigers take on the Western Bulldogs at the legendary MCG! And let's be real here, we're all glad that this game is back at the G again instead of that dump of a stadium, Marvel Stadium. Am I right?

First off, we have the Tigers with 1 win, 1 draw, and 1 loss this year, ready to take on the Bulldogs, who have 1 win and 2 losses. It's going to be an epic showdown between these two teams, and we can't wait to see who comes out on top!

Luke Beveridge had this to say about the upcoming match, "We know Richmond are a strong side, but we're confident we can bring our best footy to the game and make it a competitive match." Ah, yes, confidence is key. Too bad it doesn't win games.

According to Damien Hardwick, "We're looking forward to the challenge against the Bulldogs. They're a quality team, and we're going to have to bring our best footy to get the result we're after."

But wait, there's more! The Tigers will be welcoming back Dusty to the forward-line and Hopper to the midfield, and you know what that means - domination, baby! And let's not forget about Nank, who's going to have a much better game with Hopper's return. It's going to be a triple threat that the Bulldogs won't know what hit them.

Now, we don't want to sound too confident, but let's be real - the Tigers are going to win this game and win big! But don't worry, we'll say it in a self-deprecating manner so as not to offend anyone. After all, we Tigers fans are a humble bunch, right? And if they don't win, well, we'll just blame it on the umpires. But hey, let's give credit where credit is due. The Bulldogs have some great players. There's... uh... well, there's... no, wait, I'm sure there's someone. Maybe.

There's also a bit of controversy brewing in the Tigers camp, as Cumberland will be dropped for this game. We know, we know - it's a big call, and some fans are not happy about it. But hey, we trust the coach's decision, and we're sure Cumberland will bounce back stronger than ever.

So, there you have it, folks. The stage is set for an epic showdown between the Tigers and Bulldogs, and we can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Will the Tigers dominate as we predict, or will the Bulldogs pull off an upset? We'll just have to wait and see. One thing's for sure, though - it's going to be one heck of a game!
Tigs by 98!

If it turns out to be a wet game on Saturday, I'd actually take the opportunity to rest Jack & Cotchin before the trip to Adelaide next week and go with Sonsie & Clarke in the 22 to give us more run

If it turns out to be a wet game on Saturday, I'd actually take the opportunity to rest Jack & Cotchin before the trip to Adelaide next week and go with Sonsie & Clarke in the 22 to give us more run
Resting older players is a great idea. If not.
I think the MC will go.

OUTS: [31] Rhyan Mansell [5] Jack Ross, [13] Hugo Ralphsmith, Clarke. Ryan if wet

INS: Noah C, Hopper, Martin, Sonsie. Miller

Last edited:

maybe jack rest this week n cotch rest next week. reckon jack would wanna go to gather round whereas cotch wont give a *

wanna see brad johnson melt

Should go with contested players in the wet

Out Ryan, Clarke, Mansell, Ross
in Dusty, Cumbo, Hopper, Sonsie, sub Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back