Preview Richmond Tigers vs Western Bulldogs at the G 4:35:06pm Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like people find reasons to complain about selection just for the sake of complaining.
The Mansell over Ross discussion is so stupid. They play completely different roles.
Mansell is all about playing a more defensive forward role who plays with a lot of intensity and pressure.
Ross is a general midfielder who is slow and if you can find me any point during the game last week where he showed any modicum of intensity I'd love to see it. Yes, he was stiff to get dropped based on his stats, but he was very poor without the ball.

HRS was playing in defence as a Broad replacement, obviously not the same role as Broad but it wouldn't make sense to pick Ross over HRS.

It feels like a few of you think we can just plug and play anyone anywhere.
I get the Mansell thing, but Ross vs Clarke? Both play half forward. Ross has had some very good games there, Clarke nothing much yet. Slightly different players but not much right now.

If im an AFL member with richmond club support can I use that to get into the vfl?
Yes ,,do you have a Richmond membership card??
I am an afl member with Richmond support package
And club sent me a Richmond membership card
So I can get into vfl free,,and 5$ at away games

Did Nank piss in your sleeping bag at the camp? You have a bee in your bonnet about him

He’s not a tap ruck. The way the game has gone ruck dominance is important. He’s a front row passenger at the moment.

McStay got destroyed last night, yet when Brisbane lost their ruck against us and he had to ruck the whole game he broke even and Lachie Neale got served the ball on a plate.

We spent two years of picks on midfielders who spend the game chasing wonky taps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s not a tap ruck. The way the game has gone ruck dominance is important. He’s a front row passenger at the moment.

McStay got destroyed last night, yet when Brisbane lost their ruck against us and he had to ruck the whole game he broke even and Lachie Neale got served the ball on a plate.

We spent two years of picks on midfielders who spend the game chasing wonky taps.

Who is the only 3 times premiership Ruckman in the league ?
Surely he has done something that made him good enough to qualify to be played in these games and become / selected to be captain

Maybe you need to reassess

First week in a while that I’ve had no question marks on selection.

I hope the coach has told Martin and Bolton to raise their defensive pressure. Martin in particular has been piss poor in this area for quiet a while now. His best footy had decent tackle and pressure numbers alongside the freakish offensive output.

Good timing for cotch and Jack. Missing one a month wouldnt be the worst way to get through the season with both champions.

Excited to see what this line up can do!
Don’t think you’ve been watching us for the first two games if that’s your view on Martin. He’s chased and harassed a lot more than what he’s done in recent seasons, or that’s my opinion after watching replays of the games. He’s been fine defensively for mine

This game is a real Banana peel game for Richmond
I think the doggies have some very good players that love using the ball and sharing it amongst themself's
early season form is crap for both clubs but lets just remember they beat the lions last week and will have their tails up and will be looking to salvage their year. Richmonds form has not been great
Lions in Melb is like Pies in GF's.

I get the Mansell thing, but Ross vs Clarke? Both play half forward. Ross has had some very good games there, Clarke nothing much yet. Slightly different players but not much right now.
Ross is a HF as much as Bakes is a Ruckman.

Oscar=206 cm
Nank=199cm.
You said it yourself Nank isn't a tap ruckman.
But continue to ignore what Nank does around the ground.
D grade pfffttt.

Who is the only 3 times premiership Ruckman in the league ?
Surely he has done something that made him good enough to qualify to be played in these games and become / selected to be captain

Maybe you need to reassess

Last of which was 2020 where Soldo did the bulk of the ruck work until the finals.

Last year we conceded huge runs of goals that’s cost us a top 4 spot and a final.

I think I’m not the one to have a rethink.

Last of which was 2020 where Soldo did the bulk of the ruck work until the finals.

Last year we conceded huge runs of goals that’s cost us a top 4 spot and a final.

Ahh yes it’s Nanks fault we coughed up goals and not our aging midfield that was addressed or any of the 22 other players on the field

Nank is currently ranked 3rd in the comp for both hitouts and hitouts to advantage and the best ranked ruck in terms of tackles, clearances and contested possies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting !!!

Are you sure about Soldo ? Playing in the 2020 GF ?
Because my post was about being a premiership player which usually means playing in the GF

Ahh yes it’s Nanks fault we coughed up goals and not our aging midfield that was addressed or any of the 22 other players on the field

Nank is currently ranked 3rd in the comp for both hitouts and hitouts to advantage and the best ranked ruck in terms of tackles, clearances and contested possies

Prestia was an elite mid last season, Bolton an excellent clearance mid, Cotchin still capable. Yet we concede 30 point leads regularly with opposition mid getting silver service. That’s not the fault of an ageing midfield, it’s a uncompetitive ruckman.

Only reason we didn’t lose to Adelaide was O’Brien had to take a breather and we got on top of the ruck relief. He’d destroyed us all of the third and part of the 4th.

Prestia was an elite mid last season, Bolton an excellent clearance mid, Cotchin still capable. Yet we concede 30 point leads regularly with opposition mid getting silver service. That’s not the fault of an ageing midfield, it’s a uncompetitive ruckman.

Only reason we didn’t lose to Adelaide was O’Brien had to take a breather and we got on top of the ruck relief. He’d destroyed us all of the third and part of the 4th.

If our midfield wasn’t an issue why did we just recruit two top line Mids?

Coaches must be wrong as well
Seeing as he is the only ruck in the comp to get votes in every game this year

If an oppo mid is getting a run on why aren’t our Mids stepping up and putting work into them?

i honestly think it's our mids fault most of the time. they've been useless around the ruck contests this entire era. flat-footed, too busy watching their man (yet still let their man get a metre on them) and don't even watch the ball/ruckmen or try run into the ball or read the tap. bolton is the only one that does it properly and he gets plenty of clean possessions off nank's taps and the opposition ruckman. the others need to step up and/or we need a better stoppage coach, or maybe having hopper and taranto will just naturally fix it int he next month or two

Yes ,,do you have a Richmond membership card??
I am an afl member with Richmond support package
And club sent me a Richmond membership card
So I can get into vfl free,,and 5$ at away games
Unfortunately I haven't recieved mine yet, can you still go watch even if you have to pay?

What about quarters 1 and 2?

i honestly think it's our mids fault most of the time. they've been useless around the ruck contests this entire era. flat-footed, too busy watching their man (yet still let their man get a metre on them) and don't even watch the ball/ruckmen or try run into the ball or read the tap. bolton is the only one that does it properly and he gets plenty of clean possessions off nank's taps and the opposition ruckman. the others need to step up and/or we need a better stoppage coach, or maybe having hopper and taranto will just naturally fix it int he next month or two
Absolutely correct - amount of times that Collingwood Midfielders stood on the Goal Side of the pack without any Richmond Players was unbelievable. In terms of Contests Collingwood had their 4 players in front and at the back of the contest waiting for a player to run by was absolutely amazing - there was no system that the Richmond players were implementing to stop this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back