Roast 50/50-Rong Rucci Reckoning - The R-Files

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Without meaning to give more air to the guy, I thought it would be interesting to collate underhanded actions the guy has/may have made to the detriment to the Crows. I'd thought he was a bit of a raving nutter but it sounds like he has/may have done some rather sh!tty things against our club.

Facts would be good of course, but rumours would at least bring things to light for discussion.

So to get things rolling...

Encouraging things detrimental to AFC

As fans we need to absolutely smash into the media about this, social media, sports show etc. Don't let up, if you want change that's the only way it will happen. And for once Rucci will let it all be aired as it is smashing the Crows. I intend to do so this morning.
No, he won't.

Rucci wants the Crows to fail so he will be pushing for them to stay, I guarantee you that he'll be arguing that it's all just been bad luck rather than bad management.

The only reason I say this is that back in 2004 there was a group of us on here that weren't happy with the prospect of Neil Craig being given the job. We were very disgruntled about the process and the way we had been fobbed off by the club. We actually made an approach to Rucci thinking that he would love to have access to a group of disgruntled supporters that he could interview and write a hit piece on, but declined and said that he wasn't interested. He then started writing articles that massively pumped up Craig's tyres and endorsed him for the job so his agenda was clear, he will do what he can behind the scenes to help the worst option (in his eyes) come to fruition.

That's why I never buy any of Rucci's bullshit when he tries to argue that people only hate him because he applies a blowtorch to the club, once you look a bit deeper into things you find that he only ever strategically does it and it's always directed at some pointless crap with the sole purpose to try and make the club look bad.

Why write about Adelaide desperately needing to improve their fitness department when you can write about booing Robbie Gray.

THREADS

A challenge for Mr Rucci
Here is what Rucci wrote today

Craig plea: Let's stick together
By Michelangelo Rucci
27jul04

"CARETAKER Adelaide coach Neil Craig is boldly standing up to his emerging critics warning any factional infighting among the Crows will throw the club into damaging turmoil.

In the wake of Adelaide's record 141-point thrashing from AFL premier Brisbane at the Gabba on Saturday night, Craig has become the target of the Crows' members and fans' anger. Four games into his nine-match audition, Craig yesterday was fending e-mails from annoyed Adelaide fans and a campaign by the Crows' "unofficial match committee" to depose him.

The group – which includes an Adelaide member who sought a seat on the club board in December – has started a poll on the www.bigfooty.com Internet site asking if Craig should continue as coach. The count is heavily against him.

The assessments of his coaching are pointed.

This follows graffiti on the Adelaide clubhouse on Sunday morning labelling the Crows as "pathetic and disgracefull (sic)."

Craig yesterday faced up to the criticism of Adelaide's collapse at the Gabba saying: "I'm the senior coach and I accept total responsibility for that performance."

Asked of the vitriol he has faced since Saturday night, Craig said: "I will not enter a debate into what is right or wrong." But he warned any infighting – to match the boardroom turmoil at Richmond and Hawthorn – could quickly turn away potential candidates from the Adelaide coaching job.

"This is an opportunity for this football club to show total resolve – members included," Craig said.

"No-one at this football club is trying to pull the wool over the eyes of our supporters. Our members, supporters and sponsors must understand the players and the coaching group accept the responsibility to fix (this situation). If we are to make this a true football club, we need their support. Everyone is hurting at the moment. And everyone has to support each other. Members and supporters will not be happy. But we need their support."

Craig yesterday did not hide from any issue lingering from Saturday's defeat and flowing on to Friday night's clash with the Kangaroos at AAMI Stadium.

SHOULD have Craig flooded his defence while Brisbane launched its 21-goal second half?

"We did drop one or two back but not enough," responded Craig. "But do you lose by 23 goals or 17 goals then? If I had my time again, would I do it differently? Maybe. You don't learn too much when you are beaten by 23 goals." Craig added Adelaide's reaction this week would highlight how the Crows respond when challenged by adversity.

"If we are going to be any good in the future and be among the best of the best," said Craig, "we have to handle a whole range of difficulties and become resilient."

HIS confidence as a coach?

"If I am going to survive," said Craig, "if I am going to be any good as a coach, it is important I have the skills to handle adversity.

"The last thing the playing group needs to see is the coach down in the dumps and moping about the club."

DID Adelaide have more questions or answers on its squad a month into his audition? "A lot more answers," Craig said. "In the next five weeks those answers will be put on the table and a clear picture will emerge on the profile of this squad."

HAD Craig been approached by either Hawthorn or Richmond to apply for its jobs? "Not in the last 24 hours," he said."

Pity he only brushed over the subject about many of us not wanting Craig, at least bigfooty.com got a mention though. Its a pity that he didnt elaborate more on why we dont want him.

Mr Rucci says: Show your faces
Re: Re: Mr Rucci says: Show your faces
Great point !!!!!!!

According to Rucci, the saviour is Neil Craig. So what is he on about

What also doesnt make sense in all of this about Rucci's support of Neil Craig is that

1. Rucci has constantly claimed that Adelaide need a total cleanout, yet he is suddenly supporting 110% the appointment of someone who has been in the Adelaide Football Club system for years and a person who has already shown a loyalty to the players about not sacking and being hesitant about trading. Neil Craig will keep the status quo which totally contradicts what Rucci has been claiming the crows require.

2. Rucci is always mr critical when it comes to all aspects of the Adelaide Football Club and his allegience to the PAFC and the enjoyment he gets out of the failure of the AFC are both blantantly clear. So why suddenly is he apparently looking out for the best interests of the Adelaide Football Club.

3. Why did he pick on every aspect of the way Adelaide had played football under Ayres, but has failed to indentify the current flaws in how was are playing under Craig. The lack of the skill and the fact that Adelaide are still playing very wide when attacking (which is an aspect Rucci used time and time again against Ayres) Rucci has appeared to have decided to put his blinkers on and pretend that they dont exist and he refuses to write a negative word against Craig or his coaching style.

I just emailed this to Steven Trigg
I have been a season ticket holder since 1992 (ticket number xxxxx) and been going to most of the home games since 1991. I would generally refer to myself as a die hard Adelaide supporter and love the club (I lined up for three days to get a ticket for the 98 Grand Final so it speaks for itself).
For the first time ever I totally disagree with a decision the Adelaide Football Club has made. This particular decision relates to the appointment of Neil Craig (if it is indeed true) as senior coach past this season.
Let me put forward the following information;
1. The large majority of the callers on 5AA over the past few weeks have opposed Neil Craig's appointment and these callers, including Graham Cornes, know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Neil Craig wasn't the best coach available to the Adelaide Football Club.
2. The poll on www.afl.com.au as to who crows fans believe is the better person they prefer for the job (there was over 2.500 votes I believe) and it was hugely in favour of Rodney Eade over Neil Craig (from memory 78% to 22%).
3. The crowds have been down, surely if Neil Craig was the big hometown hero that everyone wants to get behind and support, why are people staying home and not at AAMI stadium???
4. The performances of the team in my opinion and the opinion of others since Craig tenure is that things appear to be worse than when Garry Ayres was there. Many tactical flaws in Craig's tweaked game plan have already been noticed by supporters and many of the ugly aspects of Garry Ayres' game plan still remain.
Lets face it, the search for a new coach has been a total farce. Firstly there was the meek attempt toward approaching Terry Wallace, confirmed by Terry Wallace on 5AA. Now we have been made aware that Wayne Jackson (important to know as he was the only outsider in this process) wasn't at Rodney Eade's interview. We then find out that Jackson, surprisingly, was available next day for Craig's interview. Perhaps this was to make sure that there were no stumbling blocks to Craig's appointment, I guess the truth behind this will never come out. You will undoubtedly disagree, but Craig's appointment was announced to the public weeks ago and yet you still continued to toy with your supporters making statments like Neil Craig wasn't a certainly for the job when this clearly was false. His performances on the field haven't helped his cause and yet we are still to believe that you went through the process and Neil Craig was the best candidate. At the end of the day it seems that the AFC believes that Garry Ayres was the only person responsible for the downfall of the club, which is totally laughable. Even Michelangelo Rucci was pushing for Craig's appointment, he is the biggest critic of this football club and enjoys seeing the AFC in turmoil, the day he backs someone in Adelaide you really have to question his motives. Maybe Rucci can see what a majority of the Adelaide supporters can about the future of the club under Neil Craig hence the reasons why he pushed so hard for his appointment. He has already made an attempt to make contact with a group of disillusioned supporters (dubbed by him as the "Unofficial Match Committee"). It is well known that he has his ear to the ground and monitors many of the outlets Adelaide supporters have to voice their praise and concern (5AA and www.Bigfooty.com) and he would know that the Craig appointment already has the wolves beginning to circle the club and by trying to make contact with this group he is obviously going to try and get a major story from this.
The fact is that Neil Craig's appointment goes against what a large majority of your supporters wanted, which I find interesting as one minute the AFC are placing ads in the Advertiser pleading with supporters to attend or give your ticket to someone who can, then you (the AFC board) turn around and tear the heart out of 80% of your supporter base by appointing a coach that we don't believe was the best man for the job. While I have been at all the games this season, if Neil Craig is announced I will not be attending another AFC match this season and WILL NOT pass my ticket to someone else to use. We don't have the power to vote for the board, so not putting bums on seats is our only form of protest!! It is going to take more than just an ad in the paper to get people to the football, maybe if you were in touch with your supporters and understood what they wanted you wouldn't be losing them. All you have to do is listen to the callers on 5AA to know this is going to and has already impacted very negatively on the club and is going to be a real public relations nightmare if this fails when you have made a decision against most YOUR supporters better judgement.
Let me just say in closing that I hope the AFC board and Neil Craig proves me wrong with this appointment, though if the appointment fails you would clearly understand that a majority of the members of the Adelaide Football Club will expect your resignation and that of the other board members involved in this process. This appointment has now placed the board and Neil Craig aka "the boys club" under the microscope and I wish you well for long task of trying to win your supporters back over.

Thanking you for your time reading this email.

Todd xxxxxxxxx
A dishevelled and disappointed supporter
Here is Trigg's response, pretty poor I might add

Thanks for your thoughts.
By all means question the credentials of candidates/appointees...but do
not bring into question the integrity of the process or (by association)
the people involved.
The people here want badly to be successful. Do you really think a
decision would be made for convenience, or because it's easy?
Please don't tell me that one person in the media (with a personal
agenda) is going to know better - or have ALL the facts at his disposal!

Steven Trigg Chief Executive Officer
Adelaide Football Club
PO Box 10
West Lakes SA 5021
I responded to Trigg's email with this.......

Firstly let me thank you for responding to my email this morning, I had not expected a response and it shows character and a willingness to listen to your supporters. While you obviously wouldn't agree with my points, I am happy with the fact that you at least listened to my point of view and responded.

To be honest, I have tried very hard to believe this was a fair and just process. It honestly makes me sick to my stomach being such a staunch supporter of this club to feel the need question the credibility and legitimacy of the process. I have raised some legitimate points that have occurred in relation to this process that appear to show some contradiction to the theory of it being an open unbiased process. I have presented some facts Mr Trigg and maybe it shouldn't be a case of saying DON'T QUESTION THE PROCESS maybe it should be asking the question of why are a majority of your supporters questioning the process? Even Graham Cornes is suspect of the process, so this certainly isn't just an isolated case of one person's beliefs.

Believe me when I say that I am also one of the many people who want this club to be as successful as it can possibly be. I have loved this club since 91, from the jubilation of the two premierships to lows of 94,95 and 96 its been a bit of a bumpy ride at times, but has been immensely enjoyable to me personally. Hence the reason why I wanted and am so emotional about the best available coach being appointed to the Adelaide Football Club to ensure the long term success of this team, both on field and off.

At the end of the day, the decision has been made rightly or wrongly and we (the supporters) have to make some decisions about how we intend to handle this situation, obviously not buying season tickets isn't going to help as many people are on the waiting list so it will not impact financially on the club. People have already discussed some type of protest action, whether it be by having signs at the football, email campaigns or by continuing to voice their opinions and disapproval on 5AA in relation to the decision. I personally invite you stop by on the Adelaide Football Club forum on www.bigfooty.com or maybe listen in today on 5AA to hear what your supporters think, you would find that many are hurting at the moment. I also hope you don't dismiss this negative stigma as just being "a reaction to Adelaide's unsuccessful season" as this isn't the case, I personally would support and back the AFC 100% through a 0-22 season if the best possible person was there coaching the club.

As for Rucci I agree 100% that he appear to have his own personal anti-AFC agenda, but at the end of the day if he is going to provide an avenue in the media for supporters in our quest towards providing the Adelaide Football Club with more accountability for its decisions then I am sure that many, including myself, will jump at the offer.

Certainly there are appear to be some very interesting times ahead and as I said before, I wish you and the club well in your endeavours in this time of what some people have labelled as "one of the darkest days for Adelaide supporters" and I hope you can win back the confidence of your supporters (myself included).

Thank you

Suspected Roach BF alias accounts

bighawk1961 ... >>
Dixie Normous