Traded Dion Prestia [traded to Richmond with pick 24 for pick 6 and 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course Richmond do pick 6 for Prestia if that deal is on the table - any club would do that.

However it doesn't really solve many of their problems. They need an upgrade on vickery and some assistance for rance desperately for starters.

With Richmond history at high end draft picks, Prestia at 6 is reasonable. Proven midfielder who will be a 10 year player at the club, better than using pick 6 and getting a unknown player.

This has been an exciting thread to wade through, i read snippets through the past 8 months from supporters of different clubs. The disagreement between the 2 Hawthorn guys about Lovell and Prestia some time in July was hilarious, both were largely diplomatic and forthright with intelligent viewpoints, that they were both supporters or the same club made me giggle. I guess when we get carried away we are keen to push our points of view.

Watching my own fellow Tiger supporters with total pessimism sometimes .... he wont come to us we are crap ... (he picks us unofficially) ... nah thats rubbish Hawthorn will pull him for sure ... (he officially picks us) .. it wont happen, we cant afford him, GC will want too much for him ... (insert club here) will surely steel him away from us at the end ... ... I ask myself, having on occasion been similarly dispirited, are we the dumbest supporters in the world! (please feel free not to comment on that one ><)

One GC follower must have added a 100 posts to this thread, always intelligent insightful views always looking to be fair whoever he spoke to ... until some Hawthorn guy said Shane Edwards was a spud in answer to his query. To assume the follower of a third unrelated club would give a fair and honest assessment of a rival was rather careless, Mr GC promptly discarded messr's Ellis and Edwards as spuds immediately drawing the ire of course of the Richmond faithful but also from another GC supporter more knowledgeable on Ellis and Edwards who pointed out they were most certainly not spuds and he would quote take them in a heartbeat for Prestia.

I never get tired of this place .. and you lucky people get to share in the crap I contribute as well ^^

I am guessing in the end we will trade pick 6 for Prestia, its not going to be perfect for either club, we might feel its a little more than we would like to pay, and GC don't really want pick 6 or pick anything, they would like to at least partially restock their falling midfield numbers, ideally players who will be first 22 even if only for a few years whilst the next crop of draft choices mature. They will not replace Prestia and O'Meara like with like, at their best they are likely a straight swap for the best 2 mid fielders in any side in the comp.

Once they have pick 6, they can on trade it for a top player. Apart from Cothin, Martin and possibly Reiwoldt there really aren't any players the tigers have that are worth a top 10 pick. That's why pick 6 is fair for both clubs and helps the GC to dangle it front of other clubs.

Prestia hasn't done much to warrant a top 10 pick. Yes, there is potential in him. But he has been in the system long enough to be measured on his output, rather than his potential.

His value would be early second. But GC need to settle for Richmond's second. (Future pick).

Prestia hasn't done much to warrant a top 10 pick. Yes, there is potential in him. But he has been in the system long enough to be measured on his output, rather than his potential.

His value would be early second. But GC need to settle for Richmond's second. (Future pick).

Cmon he's worth more than a second mate

Once they have pick 6, they can on trade it for a top player. Apart from Cothin, Martin and possibly Reiwoldt there really aren't any players the tigers have that are worth a top 10 pick. That's why pick 6 is fair for both clubs and helps the GC to dangle it front of other clubs.

Rance?

Just to make a comparison points wise. ( I believe the figures are correct, not trying to mislead)

Dangerfield and pick 50 for pick 9, pick 28 and Dean Gore (pick 55)
Points value Dangerfield and 273 points for 1469, 677, 207 points
In effect Dangerfield for 2080 points.
Pick 3=2234 points
Pick 4=2034.
So Dangerfield for pick 4 (with 46 points left over)
Prestia for pick 6 = 1751 points.

So those saying Prestia is worth pick 6 do you believe pick 4 for Dangerfield was fair value? Was it weighted toward one club?
Now Prestia is a decent player, no doubting we'd have to pay up something reasonable in value. But for pick 6 I'd suggest something comes back our way. But maybe GC would be happy with a player plus pick or players, maybe a 3rd club gets involved.

Now I'm sure some will say Dangerfield was a FA but he was still a RFA so any contract could have been matched of course.

Just to make a comparison points wise. ( I believe the figures are correct, not trying to mislead)

Dangerfield and pick 50 for pick 9, pick 28 and Dean Gore (pick 55)
Points value Dangerfield and 273 points for 1469, 677, 207 points
In effect Dangerfield for 2080 points.
Pick 3=2234 points
Pick 4=2034.
So Dangerfield for pick 4 (with 46 points left over)
Prestia for pick 6 = 1751 points.

So those saying Prestia is worth pick 6 do you believe pick 4 for Dangerfield was fair value? Was it weighted toward one club?
Now Prestia is a decent player, no doubting we'd have to pay up something reasonable in value. But for pick 6 I'd suggest something comes back our way. But maybe GC would be happy with a player plus pick or players, maybe a 3rd club gets involved.

Now I'm sure some will say Dangerfield was a FA but he was still a RFA so any contract could have been matched of course.
Stupid trade to value it on. Adelaide took what they could because it was better than band 1 compo.

Look at other trades like Treloar or Carlisle to get a better sense. AT was two picks around 7 with 28ish going back. Carlisle was a bit more complicated but basically 5&25ish for Carlisle&14ish (in terms of what StK paid anyway).

On the open market we'd trade 1 & next year's first for Danger in a heartbeat

We might be able to package a pick and player to GC for the Prestia trade. GC have made it public they want some ready made players rather than picks.
Ideally, Richmond would want to get a 2nd rounder back to add to the compo they will get for Vickery.
I think Prestia is easily worth more than a second rounder, Pick 6 is close.
Maybe Pick 6 and Lennon ---> Prestia and 2nd Rd 2016...... or something of the like. Slightly overs to GC?

Adams has been playing through the midfield and also has spent a lot of time through defence this year. But yeah, Caddy is sooo much more versatile.

Midfielder/defender isn't taking marks inside 50. I am shocked.

Adams will be Collingwoods next captain. He's already a vice captain.

Seems a bit hypocritical for you to bag posters for talking up their players and then turning around and talking up Caddy, but each to their own. Caddy is reasonable, but I wouldn't consider him to be as damaging as Adams.

Grats, I'm glad you're happy with the trade.

What does all this have to do with Prestia again?
This. Was inactive so unable to reply immediately, but this basically covers everything. Adams was controlling games from half back when we were up an about. The positive with Adams is that hes grown as a player an leader every single year.

Amazing how much this dude got set off by saying i rated Adams ahead of Caddy.

You really rate Caddy well below Adams? Caddy's much more versatile which is why he's spending a lot of his time playing off a half forward flank rather than through midfield. Of course he averages less possessions because he's not around the ball as much but he's going at better than a goal a game this year. He also competes well in the air so he can play as a medium forward whereas Adams hasn't taken a contested mark or a mark inside 50 all year. Caddy's leadership is also rated very highly at Geelong. I'm not saying Caddy's a star or that Adams is no good but I think Caddy's the better player although it's fairly close. Footy's about a lot more than just picking up disposals.

We also gave up what ended up being pick 20 and a late pick for Caddy whereas Collingwood gave up a guy who has been the best half-back in the league over the past few years.
Caddys much more versitile? Exhibit A that this guy hasnt watched Adams play much this year, otherwise he would of realised Adams played atleast half of his football on the back flank. Adams hasnt taken a mark inside fifty? Most likely as hes played half back most of the season.

Im not saying that either, im saying i rate Caddy alot lower than Adams because i think at his age and potential he should be doing alot more right now, Adams had been controlling games of footy from half back where as Caddy has been tracking along at a goal and 20 disposal a game rate, whilst not bad at all, just not where i predicted him to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might be able to package a pick and player to GC for the Prestia trade. GC have made it public they want some ready made players rather than picks.
Ideally, Richmond would want to get a 2nd rounder back to add to the compo they will get for Vickery.
I think Prestia is easily worth more than a second rounder, Pick 6 is close.
Maybe Pick 6 and Lennon ---> Prestia and 2nd Rd 2016...... or something of the like. Slightly overs to GC?
Over???? You apparently have offer over $700kpa. I think they kind of shows what he maybe worth. Pick 6 and possibly a player should get it done. No-way you would get back their second round pick unless it was a top player. Lennon is a 3rd or 4th round pick. He has done nothing and could hardly get a game this year when the Tigers were hopeless. It's got nothing to do with where u drafted him.

Over???? You apparently have offer over $700kpa. I think they kind of shows what he maybe worth. Pick 6 and possibly a player should get it done. No-way you would get back their second round pick unless it was a top player. Lennon is a 3rd or 4th round pick. He has done nothing and could hardly get a game this year when the Tigers were hopeless. It's got nothing to do with where u drafted him.
quality rubbish. Witts is a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I never mentioned Witts. Interesting you had to.

Can you explain why Lennon is worth a lot more? Would love to hear it.
Contracted, so at this stage if we are not willing to let him go for a 3rd or 4th Round pick, we will hold onto him.

Pretty simple.

I think we will be looking to package him up with a deal of some sort, quite confident a straight 3rd or 4th Rd for Lennon won't cut it. Most are floating a 2nd Rounder would be his worth, which i think you would agree we would take and run with.

It's a shame he wants out after just signing a 2 year deal last year, and then had his own issues with illness and injury. Though he didn't really smash it on the park.... There is upside I am sure of that, so perhaps a new scenery will be good for him.

Contracted, so at this stage if we are not willing to let him go for a 3rd or 4th Round pick, we will hold onto him.

Pretty simple.

I think we will be looking to package him up with a deal of some sort, quit confident a straight 3rd or 4th Rd for Lennon will cut it. Most are floating a 2nd Rounder would be his worth, which i think you would agree we would take and run with.

It's a shame he wants out after just signing a 2 year deal last year, and then had his own issues with illness and injury. Though he didn't really smash it on the park.... There is upside I am sure of that, so perhaps a new scenery will be good for him.

You thought is was ridiculous I mentioned he was worth a 3rd or 4th rounder, and now you admit you would take and run if a 2nd rounder was offered. I'm not following.

In his 3 seasons, he has played 19 games. This year he played 3 when your club was crying out for players of his ability, and Hardwick even gave the first Ye players a go.

He has kicked 9 goals in 3 seasons as a forward. He obviously has an attitude issue and doesn't want to be there which is why last year he was almost off to the blues and now he has said he wants out. U can't afford to keep someone like him at your club. You already have that winner in Yarran!

So, 19 games in 3 seasons. 3 games this year and he couldn't stay in a struggling side. Did nothing when he did play. Wants out. Yep, I can understand why u think he is worth a lot more.

You thought is was ridiculous I mentioned he was worth a 3rd or 4th rounder, and now you admit you would take and run if a 2nd rounder was offered. I'm not following.

In his 3 seasons, he has played 19 games. This year he played 3 when your club was crying out for players of his ability, and Hardwick even gave the first Ye players a go.

He has kicked 9 goals in 3 seasons as a forward. He obviously has an attitude issue and doesn't want to be there which is why last year he was almost off to the blues and now he has said he wants out. U can't afford to keep someone like him at your club. You already have that winner in Yarran!
Well i apologise for offering my opinion on what I believe we would take to move Lennon on......
You are familiar with an opinion?
Sure, he hasn't been on the park enough, some coaching errors leaving him our but this year has been due to injury and illness. So not sure about your club, but we don't play injured players......

I think Lennon is worth more than a 3rd or 4th rounder and i'll stand by that. I think the club would too.

A 2nd rounder I believe we would take though.

And nice of you to bring Yarran into the fold, he'll be hot and ready to go Round 1 2017 :thumbsu: (hopefully...)

Well i apologise for offering my opinion on what I believe we would take to move Lennon on......
You are familiar with an opinion?
Sure, he hasn't been on the park enough, some coaching errors leaving him our but this year has been due to injury and illness. So not sure about your club, but we don't play injured players......

I think Lennon is worth more than a 3rd or 4th rounder and i'll stand by that. I think the club would too.

A 2nd rounder I believe we would take though.

And nice of you to bring Yarran into the fold, he'll be hot and ready to go Round 1 2017 :thumbsu: (hopefully...)

Yarran is done as a footballer. He should be back in WA. You should send him off to one of those clubs and see if you can get something back. The blues were the big winners in that trade.

So, 19 games in 3 seasons. 3 games this year and he couldn't stay in a struggling side. Did nothing when he did play. Wants out. Yep, I can understand why u think he is worth a lot more.

They were also crying out for players that didn't have glandular fever or mid-season shoulder surgery. He didn't play because he was unavailable for most of the year.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-05-31/lennon-injury-update

Remove this Banner Ad

Back