Good Friday 2017...how would you feel...

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect our fixture to go back to 'normal' next season. Plenty of 4.40pm Sunday games, a 1.10pm game against Gold Coast on Mother's Day, play every interstate team at home in Melbourne, an away game R1 against WC, 1st home Melb game in R3vs GWS then 2 more away games followed by a 'home' match in Tassie vs Swans then a game in Geelong then our 2nd home Melb game in R8 vs St.Kilda where we'll probably be 2-5.......2 games in Perth, no Friday night games.....as for the good Friday game ahahahahahaha......I fully expect to get the scraps and to play the fill in the gaps role for the AFL.
So as bad as the start of the 2011 season. First 4 weeks was 2 Perth trips, only home game against the reigning premiers Collingwood and a useless early bye. Farcical.

The AFL should let Bob Murphy make the decision.

F*** the Bullflogs. Our club has been pushing for the Good Friday game longer than any other club. It was our bloody idea.

I have an idea - let's have us play the Blues and when we slaughter the Blues, and Gill presents Ziebs with the Good Friday cup , Ziebs can say in his victory speech :

" I would just like to call Bob Murhpy to the platform so he can hold up another cup which he has had no hand in winning".

It will be a tear jerker of a speech. There will not be a dry eye at the ground.

So Braves will ride the wave of emotion into a Good Friday blockbuster - ******* us over in the process

Gillon. Shall not cross the river as his security set of polo ponies don't know how to order coffees from tattooed people

The Ned Kelly Beards and Tats are so ubiquitous they have invaded the leafy Eastern suburbs coffee shops

F*** the Bullflogs. Our club has been pushing for the Good Friday game longer than any other club. It was our bloody idea.
You really think North said "hey there should be footy on Good Friday" before ANYONE ELSE? EVER?

You really think North said "hey there should be footy on Good Friday" before ANYONE ELSE? EVER?

LOL what a dumb comment, i am sure others have mentioned it previously but which club actually made it public and tried to promote to play good friday footy? I guess north didnt come up with Friday night footy either :rolleyes:

I'm not taking bait off you.

At least we just worked out that Woodson is one of your aliases though.

It's quite sad.
I wouldn't come home till Atleast Tuesday post the granny. Only for some food. And stock up on more Xanax.
Would probably only check this place the Monday week from hospital due to excessive nosebleeds.
1996 Grand Final was a 6 day blur of arriving home as people were leaving for work, sleeping till mid afternoon, up dressed and out to some pub to continue my celebrations till the next morning; rinse and repeat!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK. I guess it comes down to this then.

Clearly there is no difference between the fixturing that the Roos, Bulldogs or Saints currently receive - we all get didly squat in terms of marquee games at present.

My view is that an argument on the basis of fixture equalisation has more chance of success than an argument on the basis of first dibs.

so Saints and North, surely the reigning premiers no longer needs or requires equalisation.

Dogs v north is fine by me, it's a bit funny that the saints are sticking in their noses into a concept we have lobbied for decades.

My problem isn't with the dogs, but the saints doing nothing and using the cover of a hospital to stick their noses in.

If there is a two game arrangement on good Friday featuring all three clubs and another like an interstate club, I would support that too.

Seeing that I was born in 1869 and as a Hotham power broker back in 1896, mentioned it to the then VFA President I have no other reason but to think it was the NMFC's idea to begin with. :stern look

No, but we were the only and first ones doing anything about it for decades via lobbying. Talk is one thing, action is another.

(This isn't going to be popular) Though in saying what I did, I feel north shouldn't be self entitled about the whole concept, it's not who we are as a club and it is not our identity as supporters. Leave it to the other clubs (we know which ones they are) to be self entitled.

As long as the match didn't clash with Bathurst. Straight after the Syd Baker medal, im driving to Bathurst if anyone needs a lift.
Save me a spot Artie I'll see you at the Baker.

I expect our fixture to go back to 'normal' next season. Plenty of 4.40pm Sunday games, a 1.10pm game against Gold Coast on Mother's Day, play every interstate team at home in Melbourne, an away game R1 against WC, 1st home Melb game in R3vs GWS then 2 more away games followed by a 'home' match in Tassie vs Swans then a game in Geelong then our 2nd home Melb game in R8 vs St.Kilda where we'll probably be 2-5.......2 games in Perth, no Friday night games.....as for the good Friday game ahahahahahaha......I fully expect to get the scraps and to play the fill in the gaps role for the AFL.

Yep

I'm reliably informed that during the Last Supper, St Matthew (or possibly Mark, Luke or John - it was a while ago now so my source's memory is a bit hazy) leaned over to our Lord and whispered "You know Little Gary, I reckon that tomorrow would be a great day for a game of footy. The Kangas would be a perfect fit. Maybe put them up against the Judeans".

Upon hearing this, the Lord replied "That idea's the sh*t, I'll have a chat to my dad and see if he can get the wheels turning down at AFL House. By the way, if you think the Swannies got a rough deal from the umps last Saturday, wait till you see what I have in store for tomorrow afternoon".

I'm reliably informed that during the Last Supper, St Matthew (or possibly Mark, Luke or John - it was a while ago now so my source's memory is a bit hazy) leaned over to our Lord and whispered "You know Little Gary, I reckon that tomorrow would be a great day for a game of footy. The Kangas would be a perfect fit. Maybe put them up against the Judeans".

Upon hearing this, the Lord replied "That idea's the sh*t, I'll have a chat to my dad and see if he can get the wheels turning down at AFL House. By the way, if you think the Swannies got a rough deal from the umps last Saturday, wait till you see what I have in store for tomorrow afternoon".

Don't believe it, no mention of St. Bob

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't believe it, no mention of St. Bob

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He skipped the dinner to attend a gig of a really cool band that you've never heard of, who only release albums on vinyl.

Still trying to confirm whether there's a push to award him retrospective Apostleship despite the fact that he wasn't around at the pointy end of the Lenten season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back