One month to go until preseason matches begin - What are you most looking forward to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing collingwood, sydney and gws. Pumped for 2017, so many teams on the rise. Also the test Bev will come against with being hunted, excited to see what he has up his sleeve

Just looking forward to watching some footy again and couldn't bear to watch any of the Women's stuff so any practice match will do

The end of terrible threads.

Always the hope that our draftees are guns and our aging stars find fresh legs, only to discover that pre-season form means nothing and our 22 from the last game are already penciled in for Round 1

I'm looking forward in a big way to our first preseason game, where I imagine we'll be rolling out a very young team indeed.

Will probably be the most young talent we've assembled in one game in a very long time, if not ever, so very excited to them them play and to see who really steps up and leads the way in the absence of the older ones.

From an individual basis, will be fantastic if we get to finally see Freeman play and he goes well and gets through unscathed.

Very glad that the game's at Etihad, too, as it's a good viewing ground, both live and on TV.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odds of a Hawthorn dream vs Essendon nightmare... hmmmm.
I'm not dismissing that Hawthorn may well beat Essendon. However isn't O'Meara tracking for a round 4 return?

Noone outside the club knows when Rough or JOM will play.

But at the moment they are training with the main group. I would not listen to club reports on players because they rarely tell the truth.
Well I'm fairly sure he's tracking on a round 4 return. So until told otherwise I'll believe that.

Noone outside the club knows when Rough or JOM will play.

But at the moment they are training with the main group. I would not listen to club reports on players because they rarely tell the truth.
That's interesting. Ours are bullish of course as the coaches are reluctant to criticise publicly, but with Leon you've got to listen carefully to what he doesn't say re selections to get an idea of his thinking. I cant recall him trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

I am looking forward to see which of the new recruits put their hands up for a Round 1 debut and which of the 2nd-4th year players that haven't been getting many games are ready to take the next step.

We are desperate for a big shake-up to our best 22, so seeing some promising form from any of them would be a welcome sight.

Attending a Hawthorn v North game at Arden Street. I'm going to party like it's 1979.

hqdefault.jpg

Seeing what young players/draftees star in the pre season games so I can ear mark them for supercoach/dream team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back