List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can't match a contract offer from the reigning premiers we are horribly mismanaging our salary cap.
This is one of the other downsides of drafting interstate kids. Not only do you lose them but the other clubs from their home state offer big money to entice them home.
Who here thinks we have to worry about a massive offer from interstate coming to our young SA kids like Smith, Laird, or Brown? We have to pay overs to keep the interstate kids generally. This is why we have 400mckay, as Melb wanted him and we matched their offer. It puts greater strain on our cap.
When our team had SA guns like Macca, Hart, Smart, Edwards, Goody, Roo did we ever worry they would be poached away? Never.

850k per season - we won't pay it. I would imagine 600 - 650k is our offer.

Oh well, it was nice to have him in the short term ;)

850k is the old 700k. Don't forget the CBA
That is still a lot of money for a 3rd tall defender.

I'd still pay it but **** me that's huge. Also, the Dogs won a flag before their time, wouldn't be shocked if their cap isn't as tight as a number of Victorian clubs.

I'd still pay it but **** me that's huge. Also, the Dogs won a flag before their time, wouldn't be shocked if their cap isn't as tight as a number of Victorian clubs.

But he's not a 3rd tall defender, that is such a discredit to him. He is a GUN intercept marking defender who reads the play better than any other player his age.

You know how everyone raves about Rance?

Lever is going to be a better version of Rance in a few years.

Not only will he be a better individual player than Rance, he has captain written all over him.

Isn't he at the same age tracking similar to Rance was?

He's clearly a talent that is only going to get better. He is a must keep unless the club is prepared to add to its reputation of losing players.

Isn't he at the same age tracking similar to Rance was?

He's clearly a talent that is only going to get better. He is a must keep unless the club is prepared to add to its reputation of losing players.

Tracking similar but in my opinion has a superior football brain. Also far superior leadership capabilities (as I noted in my edited post, he's a future captain for whichever side gets him)

But he's not a 3rd tall defender, that is such a discredit to him. He is a GUN intercept marking defender who reads the play better than any other player his age.

You know how everyone raves about Rance?

Lever is going to be a better version of Rance in a few years.

Not only will he be a better individual player than Rance, he has captain written all over him.
I don't think he will be a better player than Rance, he will be the NEXT Rance hopefully.

The kid is a jet, and I'd still pay the money but it is a huge amount. Not Josh Kelly huge but still huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we aren't doing exactly the same, dangling carrots in front of young players I'd be pissed off. But knowing Adelaide, out list management team is probably on holidays.

I cannot see us matching 850k :(
We're idiots then. Absolutely mind boggling idiocy if we let Lever go for that kind of deal.

Who the hell are we paying all our money to if we can continually lose top end talent and not be able to afford to keep a player as soon as they get a decent offer? We must have a massive middle section where we're over paying a huge group of very average players, but that system doesn't work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back