Traded Harley Balic [traded to Melbourne] [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

I like when you guys complain about mummy's boys but welcome McCarthy, Kersten, Hill, Hamling etc with open arms
They wanted Kersten back badly and were wrapped to only give up 60 for him. We showed them

- and I was a fan when he was at GFC - got that wrong I did.

Can't have it both ways

Go Catters

What kinda pick would our 3rd + Balic net?

I'd be desperate to get Oscar Allen but he'd probably go too high

What kinda pick would our 3rd + Balic net?

I'd be desperate to get Oscar Allen but he'd probably go too high

Freos current 3rd round pick = 57.

Balics value = pick ~ 30 at best

37 + 57 = 811 points = pick ~ 23

Good luck getting that. Pick 57 may not even get utilised in this draft, and therefore, it could be useless.

Freos current 3rd round pick = 57.

Balics value = pick ~ 30 at best

37 + 57 = 811 points = pick ~ 23

Good luck getting that. Pick 57 may not even get utilised in this draft, and therefore, it could be useless.
Balic wouldn't even be worth 57. He was pick 38 years ago. Played 4 games and was okay. Plus he has taken two breaks away from football. You can say "oh but he is home sick etc." But disappearing on the club twice is a big worry. Unreliable.

Don't waste your time , he been ban few days ago .
Wat?

Balic wouldn't even be worth 57. He was pick 38 years ago. Played 4 games and was okay. Plus he has taken two breaks away from football. You can say "oh but he is home sick etc." But disappearing on the club twice is a big worry. Unreliable.

I think you are selling the kid a little short there mate. Especially considering this years draft.

I reckon Freo would be better off rolling the dice on a player trade.

I think you are selling the kid a little short there mate. Especially considering this years draft.

How exactly am i selling him short?

He went at 38 in his draft year. You don't increase in value if you have played 4 games in total before going on personal leave. It just doesn't happen. The team that harley chooses will get him for peanuts. Ben Jacobs was a first round pick and was injured for two seasons and north picked him up for pick 37 (and rightly so. The injuries caused him to depreciate in value). Personal leave x 2 rings warning bells to anyone. A club isn't going to waste pick 37 when he could quite easily decide to throw in the towel and say footy isn't for him. It's happened several times before (happened to us when sydney traded us a young player).

It's really simple: your value doesn't improve if you've shown nothing and leave the club twice.

I would take your 3rd Round pick or Mountford. I think a 3rd Round pick is a steal providing his commitment off the field is good. Last year it was perfect, so I am expecting it will be good in Victoria.

I know peeps oversell players from the clubs they support, but whoever gets Balic is getting a beauty.

Fremantle lose in a Mountford Balic trade, but our hands are tied with him wanting to get closer to home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went at 38 in his draft year.
He was pick 38 years ago.
Please explain the worth of a player taken at pick 38 2 years ago.
Pick 91 maybe. I heard mountford might want to come home. Dockers can have him for weller and balic. 2 vics for a WA. Everyone gets to go home! Everyone is happy.

You do realise Mountford was taken at 60 in the same draft that Balic was taken at 38, right?

Good luck with that. Mountford will be re-signing shortly. Pick 91 will get harley, bookmark it. My word is as strong as oak
Do you think North is the only club interested I him?
I'm sure there may be others who will offer a pick in the 60's to 70's

Do you think North is the only club interested I him?
I'm sure there may be others who will offer a pick in the 60's to 70's
possibly three others - The key to Harley's value is whether other clubs would be satisfied he has no other issues and can give good service. Fremantle can always offer a contract since they would value him to be in their best 22 for 2018 and beyond. Other clubs may rate him and would thus have to be above an offer Fremantles might match. Currently he is definately a 25 to 30 player in terms of what he offers a club into the future. He is of much higher long term value than Kersten, if fit and mentally okay, as he has already shown he is a quality bigger midfielder just coming into his own now. After having 18 months with the wrist injury that needed surgery he has come along well with his development and caught up with the guys in his draft year. Richmond, Western Bulldogs and Essendon are the clubs that he would suit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back