Richmond in 2018: Another Bulldogs or here to stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows how Richmond will go next year but I can guarantee it will be a lot harder. They'll be 17 other teams picking apart everything Richmond did this year and will have to deal with the opposition throwing everything at them each week. As well as having a game style based on manic pressure, which is going to be much harder to produce when you've just achieved the ultimate prize.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And just like Hardwicks mentor Clarko, Dimma will aim to stay a step ahead.

Be a tougher draw. You won't get to feast on two games against Brisbane, GC and Carlton again.

I cant see the Tigers missing the finals, I think they will still be around in Preliminary Final week. No big retirements coming, the list is young and stable.
Only problem might be if Rance or Martin get long term injuries or they keep celebrating until July 2018.

That's okay, we can feast on Adelaide, GWS, and Geelong instead!

Averaged 50 point wins against these lot.

Anything can happen

Having said that definitely better to expect less than more

Reasonable to expect a top 6 finish and anything more is a bonus

Just like Richmond? We were 8 wins 1 loss (14 points) going into the GF, in that period we had a better ladder percentage than the Crows.
You weren’t the favourite all year and plenty had their doubts heading into September.

Then you steamrolled three teams in a row in the finals, hence why I said you hit a really good period of form.

It's a difficult one - 12 months ago the Dogs reasonably would have expected continued incremental improvement from their young list, in addition to the return from injury of key players like Murphy, Adams and Crameri. The reality is that 90% of the playing list either stagnated or went backwards in 2017, which is a recipe for what transpired. Did the players regress because of lack of preparation/hunger? Yes for some. Was the game plan picked apart by 17 other clubs who ambushed and hunted the premiers? No doubt this contributed.

Richmond have a great core of stars and a big list of young talent. There's no reason on paper why they can't be top 4 again but the intangibles such as preparation/hunger and game plan reliance won't be known until next year.

They should aim for the 8.

I don't expect them to do much though, as history is littered with sides who break premiership droughts and then fall in a heap the next year.

You can lock them in for finals but I don't see them winning the flag.

But the truth is after copying 3 teams game-plans Hardwick finally identified what suited his list - next year a mix of bodies being taxed by that brand of football and teams figuring out how to beat it (Which Hardwick then won't have someone to copy back anymore) will see them fall short.

They'll be easier to hunt than Bulldogs were although I think they're lucky since 2017 Bulldogs gives them something to look at and plan to avoid being like next year.

I think at best if everything goes perfectly again they can make Top 4 - but will either go out in straight sets or PF.

Unlucky for them also as the AFL and Victorian Media will be lining up the new narrative for next year.

We finished 3 games and 20 percent in Te 8 and tanked the last game against Freo.

If we win that game we finished one spot of top.

If we had the injury luck the tigers had last year we probably finish on top and win the flag by ten goals but people don't like to mention that coz it doesn't suit the argument we are Sh!t
Matty Matty Matty, from your posts I know you have little idea about the game. You are wrong everytime you write something. Do everyone a favour and just stop posting.
By the way I'm not talking about your post above just the crap you went on about regarding the tigers every week for the last few weeks. No idea kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matty Matty Matty, from your posts I know you have little idea about the game. You are wrong everytime you write something. Do everyone a favour and just stop posting.
By the way I'm not talking about your post above just the crap you went on about regarding the tigers every week for the last few weeks. No idea kid.

Grow up hero

I wasn't the only one saying the tigers wouldn't win

Enjoy your win and if you have a problem with what I post push the ignore button

Lol Richmond fans trolling back months to find anything people said wrong instead of enjoying their win.

Good luck to you boys

And Geelong beat you by 14pts.

Interestingly, Balmey was saying yesterday that after that game was the first time he began to believe we could go all the way.

His view was that we'd played badly, at one of the hardest away grounds against a seasoned team, and only lost by a couple of goals.

Grow up hero

I wasn't the only one saying the tigers wouldn't win

Enjoy your win and if you have a problem with what I post push the ignore button

no but you were saying we had NO chance of winning the flag.

good to see you shift the goalposts slightly after you got that wrong.

Get the feeling a team would have to be as good and dominate as the hawks of 2013-2015 for you to even think about rating them.

Interestingly, Balmey was saying yesterday that after that game was the first time he began to believe we could go all the way.

His view was that we'd played badly, at one of the hardest away grounds against a seasoned team, and only lost by a couple of goals.

If this is the SEN interview he didn't say that all.

He said he started to believe they could win After the cats
no but you were saying we had NO chance of winning the flag.

good to see you shift the goalposts slightly after you got that wrong.

Get the feeling a team would have to be as good and dominate as the hawks of 2013-2015 for you to even think about rating them.

Nope I said you no chance don't deny it.

I've said from mid year this is clearly the lowest quality level of footy I've ever seen I just didn't realsise how low it was.

You guys the deserved winner after finals no one can argue that so sit back and enjoy your win and in the end does it matter what irrelevant people think of the tigers on Facebook?

If your trolling back months to find something random people said wrong on a forum then time to look in the mirror I think

Be a tougher draw. You won't get to feast on two games against Brisbane, GC and Carlton again.

I cant see the Tigers missing the finals, I think they will still be around in Preliminary Final week. No big retirements coming, the list is young and stable.
Only problem might be if Rance or Martin get long term injuries or they keep celebrating until July 2018.
We only played gold coast once.
Having a double up against 2 bottom teams isn't that different to anyone else.

Look at this bawling grasp for excuses.

You notice you never see excuses from Dogs fans as to WHY they managed to win the flag in 2016, it's always WHY they weren't able to repeat the dose.

Essendon weren't lucky to make the finals. They made it because they won enough games.

The Dogs didn't, because they didn't.

Nice to see you corrected your first immediate error - from a list management perspective the Boyd recruitment was one of the worst calls we've seen in a while.

And you didn't rebuild methodically, you were forced in to it.

A captain that couldn't get out the door quick enough, others that left at the first possible opportunity, multiple CEOs, an out of control playing group - the Dogs are s**t club run shitfully, THAT is why they are where they are, and why even if Richmond do fail, it won't be for the same reasons the Dogs did.

That is quite a melt :eek:

Look at this bawling grasp for excuses.

You notice you never see excuses from Dogs fans as to WHY they managed to win the flag in 2016, it's always WHY they weren't able to repeat the dose.

Essendon weren't lucky to make the finals. They made it because they won enough games.

The Dogs didn't, because they didn't.

Nice to see you corrected your first immediate error - from a list management perspective the Boyd recruitment was one of the worst calls we've seen in a while.

And you didn't rebuild methodically, you were forced in to it.

A captain that couldn't get out the door quick enough, others that left at the first possible opportunity, multiple CEOs, an out of control playing group - the Dogs are s**t club run shitfully, THAT is why they are where they are, and why even if Richmond do fail, it won't be for the same reasons the Dogs did.

Lol says the bloke that supports the club that f&cked the league for 3 years with systematic drug cheating.

Since 2000 we have been a far more successful team on field that Essendon, not bad for a rabble :)

Watching the Tigers the last few weeks it was clearly obvious they were close to something special and yesterday obviously proved it.

Is this another case of a team having everything click into place for that one day in September?

They had a favourable draw, decent injury run, a changed gameplan that opposition teams struggled to deal with, a revival from Trent Cotchin and rise of Dustin Martin to mega star. Safe to say it all worked out beautifully.

Where do we see the Tigers go from here though? We all saw with the Bulldogs this year but going from underdogs to the team everyone wants to beat is a different challenge all together.

I think the Tigers are a better side, they didn't sneak into the 8 like the Dogs and their star talent is on another level to that of the Dogs.

Are they going to hang around towards the top of the ladder?

I've got doubts purely because I think they're one of the top teams that can least afford to have anything go wrong during a season. But then there's also the youth factor to consider. They had a number of players yesterday that have plenty of room for growth yet which certainly is a positive thing for the Tigers.

I am quite convinced that Richmond are not the Dogs .I believe they could be entering into an era of a dynasty of success,they are young and they know they,ve got it.

They won,t slip like my Hawks in 2009,or like the Doggies this year.

I think they,ll be a force for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back