Traded Harley Balic [traded to Melbourne] [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

Balic will be a star and a big free kick like that is impossible to pass up.

I mean if it's a third rounder it's not really a free kick. Just doesn't make sense to me why Melbourne would want him when Jones, Oliver, Tyson and Viney all start ahead of him.

Same goes for Balic, why go to a club when you probably won't get a game in your best position?

I mean if it's a third rounder it's not really a free kick. Just doesn't make sense to me why Melbourne would want him when Jones, Oliver, Tyson and Viney all start ahead of him.

Same goes for Balic, why go to a club when you probably won't get a game in your best position?
I bet he will be best 22 at Melbourne in 2 seasons

Last edited:
Melbourne overpaying to keep North out. North had their pick in the 70s on the table. Melbourne offering more so freo pushing balic to go there. Balic wants freo to get compensated for understanding his issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne overpaying to keep North out. North had their pick in the 70s on the table. Melbourne offering more so freo pushing balic to go there. Balic wants freo to get compensated for understanding his issues.

Had their pick 70 on the table... like you offered the deal of the century and how could we turn that down.
Anyway, move along. North were never a shot and glad he ain't going there. You certainly never wanted him.

In fact not sure why you're even here?

Obviously jelly AF.

Given some of the trades that happened last year I think pick 64 is fair. Paul Ahern was taken at pick 7 the year before Balic and was traded to North for pick 77. Yes he had a knee and hadn't played any games, but Balic has only played a couple and was a 3rd round pick as apposed to a top 10 pick

Total rubbish.
He was a top 10 draft pick until he broke his wrist.
His wrist is fine now.
Giving up pick 45 isn't a lot.
It means more to us considering that pick 10 and probably 27 is going to the Crows for Lever so (excluding Watts pick) that would be our first pick in the ND

Melbourne after another inside mid with questionable disposal? Don't see how this benefits them all. Should be chasing an outside player.
As I said earlier, he seems the type of person happy with the title and salary of being an AFL footballer that will be delisted when he's 27 and we'll talk about unfulfilled talent. Don't worry though, his Instagram will be on point.

Eh, there are slots and ways for him to crack the lineup.

How is he in terms of pace? Wonder if he could push out Harmes at HF. Start in a pressure forward role and as he improves filter through the guts.

Eh, there are slots and ways for him to crack the lineup.

How is he in terms of pace? Wonder if he could push out Harmes at HF. Start in a pressure forward role and as he improves filter through the guts.

Harmes is probably the spot I see him taking if he's gonna end up at Melbourne. Probably doesn't fulfil his potential there, however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back