Traded Harley Balic [traded to Melbourne] [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's an inside mid with great decision making and good skills. Isn't the fasted, not the best contested grab, good awareness.

Harmes is probably the spot I see him taking if he's gonna end up at Melbourne. Probably doesn't fulfil his potential there, however.

But to add to my point here, if he takes that spot in the 22 it'll definitely put him in Harmes' way.

Given some of the trades that happened last year I think pick 64 is fair. Paul Ahern was taken at pick 7 the year before Balic and was traded to North for pick 77. Yes he had a knee and hadn't played any games, but Balic has only played a couple and was a 3rd round pick as apposed to a top 10 pick
1. GWS need to clear cap space (reduced list)
2. Ahern may never play an AFL game due to his injuries
3. Balic has already played 4 games
4. Balic has overcome his wrist injury which made him fall out of the first round.

Pick 64 is an useless pick in this draft.

Rather, Balic let go the draft and get nothing for him. Either way, it's the same outcome.

I'd imagine 45 will get it done, Demon's fans wont regret it, even though his best spot is as an inside mid. Honestly, heading into this year he was the player I was most excited to get into the side after he finally overcame injury late last year and dominated WAFL with little/no pre-season. A lot of Dockers supporters had him having the biggest ceiling out of any of our young players. If he gets his head right he will be a star

Melbourne overpaying to keep North out. North had their pick in the 70s on the table. Melbourne offering more so freo pushing balic to go there. Balic wants freo to get compensated for understanding his issues.

Was wandering what crap you would come out with after it is proven yet again you know jack. He never wanted to got Norf, no one does.

He will end up very comparable to Pendles imo, great pick up for Melbourne, pity it didn't work out for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if he comes to Melbourne he'll probably play up forward. Had a bit of a search about his draft year. Seems he's not quick but loves the hard stuff and a tackle. May be a bigger version of ANB perhaps.
I do remember them draft that year and he was a slider.

Would be happy if it was my club paying pick 45. Offer the 60s pick, offer pick 45 with a later upgrade, but I'd be happy to eventually settle for 45 straight swap.

If he's moving to the demons for regular AFL football he's got some competion. Demons have a string of medium mid forwards. Brayshaw, Bugg, Harmes, Kennedy-Harris, Kent, Maynard, Neal-Bullen, Melksham, Petracca, Vandenberg.

If he's moving to the demons for regular AFL football he's got some competion. Demons have a string of medium mid forwards. Brayshaw, Bugg, Harmes, Kennedy-Harris, Kent, Maynard, Neal-Bullen, Melksham, Petracca, Vandenberg.

Jesus. Did you just read on a VFL side? Who are half those blokes? Balic will make it 100%. Very classy and annoyed to see him go, but let's not kid ourselves that that list is impressive.

If he can't make it past half of those guys, then he won't even have a VFL career.

Jesus. Did you just read on a VFL side? Who are half those blokes? Balic will make it 100%. Very classy and annoyed to see him go, but let's not kid ourselves that that list is impressive.

If he can't make it past half of those guys, then he won't even have a VFL career.
If we get him He won't be a walk up start. Not saying he won't play round one but will be competing with a few for a mid-forward spot.

If we get him He won't be a walk up start. Not saying he won't play round one but will be competing with a few for a mid-forward spot.

Again I don't disagree, but that list provided before isn't exactly elite. Sure he needs to work his way into the best 22 like any kid that has only played 4 games, but if he can't show in a preseason that he has more class and ability then over half of those guys then A) I'll be staggered and B) he won't play more then 50 games in his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back