Opinion Commentary & Media II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No EVW?!?
not in our best 25 players!!
Have to be joking
Absolute walk up start for the next 10 yrs

I 100% agree but I for one like the fact that almost everyone has a different opinion on what a starting 22 looks like - I don't think someone is an idiot, I smile!

That's what depth looks like and leads to - there are several options for most parts of the ground so form and injury will shape the final team not the fact we don't have any other options.

I hope we end up with plenty of worthy players unable to get regular games but hungry and with trade value for the super draft next year.

My Melbourne and Carlton friends have had many weeks in recent years, feeling as though they can't fill 22 spots and certainly have nothing to bring in - we aren't there by a long stretch!

No EVW?!?
not in our best 25 players!!
Have to be joking
Absolute walk up start for the next 10 yrs

Spot on - the defence needs a different look and J Mac and L Mac should be forward of centre or in the midfield. Time for guys like EVW, Clarke, Mountford, Durds and Nielson to step up back there.

Shocked and amazed
No Neilson either!
EVW as stopper a la Gibbo....BJ wld be about 1 in 4 chance of getting back same as Sammy W
Not much chance IMO

Still a spot for Jed if if if but yeah unlikely I know

Big fan of RoCo, and that's a balanced, knowledgeable write up. No way is that our best team though - EVW and Mountford should be in the 25 at the very least.

He didn't have any problems with utilising "potential" when reviewing his own club.

All the journalists follow the same code when it comes to predictions. Stick to what everyone else is saying/writing so when you’re wrong you’re not on your own. Cursed is the journo who goes with a different opinion to the mainstream and gets it wrong, better off playing it safe and going with the herd.

NTHMELB-2.jpg

Luke Davies-Uniacke became North Melbourne's earliest draft pick since 2006 when the Roos snared him at No.4 in this year's NAB AFL Draft. North has lacked class in its on-ball division in recent years, especially since the departures of Brent Harvey, Daniel Wells and Nick Dal Santo. Davies Uniacke should help address that immediately. The former Dandenong Stingray is a prolific ball-winner at stoppages, but also has a good burst of speed that makes him dangerous in open space. A strong overhead mark, Davies-Uniacke can have an impact resting in attack, while at 187cm and 85kg he appears physically ready to play senior football from round one next year. The Kangaroos also have high hopes for classy second-year forward Jy Simpkin, who showed exciting glimpses in his debut season despite battling shoulder injuries. - Nick Bowen

NTHMELB-2.jpg

Luke Davies-Uniacke became North Melbourne's earliest draft pick since 2006 when the Roos snared him at No.4 in this year's NAB AFL Draft. North has lacked class in its on-ball division in recent years, especially since the departures of Brent Harvey, Daniel Wells and Nick Dal Santo. Davies Uniacke should help address that immediately. The former Dandenong Stingray is a prolific ball-winner at stoppages, but also has a good burst of speed that makes him dangerous in open space. A strong overhead mark, Davies-Uniacke can have an impact resting in attack, while at 187cm and 85kg he appears physically ready to play senior football from round one next year. The Kangaroos also have high hopes for classy second-year forward Jy Simpkin, who showed exciting glimpses in his debut season despite battling shoulder injuries. - Nick Bowen

So North had class in the midfield back in the days of Harvey, Wells and Dal Santo, but in recent years, not so much.

What the ******* *? Nick Bowen was supposed to be one of the more knowledgeable journalists writing about North but this is pure arse-hattery.

So North had class in the midfield back in the days of Harvey, Wells and Dal Santo, but in recent years, not so much.

What the ******* ****? Nick Bowen was supposed to be one of the more knowledgeable journalists writing about North but this is pure arse-hattery.

No he's saying we lacked class in recent years and it only got worse after losing Boomer and co.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes me wonder how many
My employer have paid out in excess of $550 million in redundancies over the last 10 years and I've unfortunately delivered my fair share of them(makes you feel sick).

I've seen and done it in many ways, Staff marched out by security, staff given advance notice and rot while they wait, staff allowed to say goodbye. I've seen people jump for joy, people get angry and people cry. It's bloody hard and after all these years I'm still not sure what the best way is.

I know my day will come and when it does I think I'd like to be told and be gone on the same day similar to the Ox and Marko.
Urban myth surrounds a Taiwanese company getting evacuated via fire alarm. Redundancies were announced to the street of waiting employees. Employees had to swipe their employee cards to find out if they could re-enter the building. If access was denied their desk stuff was to be posted to them.

Shocked and amazed
No Neilson either!
EVW as stopper a la Gibbo....BJ wld be about 1 in 4 chance of getting back same as Sammy W
Not much chance IMO

Still a spot for Jed if if if but yeah unlikely I know
Hartung!!!!!!!

Well that’s unexpected.

I’ve only met him a couple of times - my kid played basketball against his boy - but he seemed a perfectly normal down to earth dad on the sidelines. Didn’t carry on or big-note himself with the coaches or refs.

Very small sample size to make any pronouncements I admit.

Schwartz Jnr has inherited his Dad’s knack for body work. My lad has at least 10 kg on him but he was constantly putting him off balance under the basket with a little nudge of the hips.
Ox is a jet, a little pro-North at times and he is one of the very few media people I actually enjoy listening to.

Jabba the Hutch's loss and Ox's gain as he will get snapped up.

PS fat slob Hutchy I've deleted the SEN app off my phone, someone had to start the revolution..

All the journalists follow the same code when it comes to predictions. Stick to what everyone else is saying/writing so when you’re wrong you’re not on your own. Cursed is the journo who goes with a different opinion to the mainstream and gets it wrong, better off playing it safe and going with the herd.

This is how the apocryphal myths circulate - like when they were calling us "too old" for about 15 years! We have been on the receiving end of group think for ******* years - yet they perennially overstate the talent in Collingwood and the *

This is how the apocryphal myths circulate - like when they were calling us "too old" for about 15 years! We have been on the receiving end of group think for ******* years - yet they perennially overstate the talent in Collingwood and the *

But Wellsy is feeling better than he ever has... and we've never heard that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back