Media New year, new Administrator

Remove this Banner Ad

For your own credibility’s sake?
As little as possible moving forward, frankly.

Don’t hold your breath.

I hope I’m wrong about Cloud_, I love his work but it’s a thankless role.

A campaigner is required to deal with the campaigners. History suggests as much.

The easy and popular decision was made last time when appointing an admin, I just suspect the same mistake has been made again.

Nothing more, nothing less
I understand that it's a thankless role Joe. I'm fully aware that everything I do will mostly attract criticism and abuse while I receive very little praise.

I'm not walking into believing this will be rosy or easy. It's a dirty job but necessary for the league to function, if I didn't believe I could handle the pressures that come with it I wouldn't have applied.

I think you mistake not being a campaigner to not being able to handle campaigners. I can handle them fine, you'd have to go back two years if someone had ever gotten an emotional reaction out of me. I take nothing seriously and laugh at most flogs until my voice hurts.

If I cop abuse from all and sundry every day of my administration it's all a part of the fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 time failed admin candidate Frankston Rover.

Absolute shell of his former self. Can't form a cogent argument to save his life and was rightfully rejected.

BRAB wins again.

You're the one sniffing my arse. Following me around, hoping some of my charisma and personality will rub off.

I'll take my reputation over yours any day. :)

Which selection process would you prefer? Give it to the bloke who couldn’t beat out the “horrendous appointment”? Give me a spell.

Not the pot shots that precluded him, more the absence and melting.

Absence? I'm on my Christmas holidays and posted all my responses to Hate when asked.

Sounds like you've had a big say again, Blacky. But thankfully there's no issue with the BC because your a mod and so is Filthy.

Your last puppet melted harder than I did by the sounds of things.

You're the one sniffing my arse. Following me around, hoping some of my charisma and personality will rub off.

I'll take my reputation over yours any day. :)

Very generic response from a two time failed admin candidate.

Very generic response from a failed human being.

Once again I'll be vindicated by this decision by Blacky and The Filth Wizard.

Best of luck, Cloud_ .

Maybe hate would have selected you if you didn't embarass yourself on a monthly basis.

I'll be telling the tuckshop lady all about this when school holidays are over.

Good luck Cloud_

If you need any help/advice or just want to whinge about something, feel free to PM me. I generally reply within a week :p

Sometimes it's good to have a sounding board that isn't one of the perceived 'boys club' or circle of posters that perhaps led to your appointment. Don't worry too much about them now, it's your role. Make it yours.

The best way to make a start is to get straight to work, make announcements about the upcoming season, begin organising the clubs.

And if we still have a significant amount of time before the milestone S25, perhaps you could look at running the 2nd Sweet FA charity match. Our first one raised over $1,000 for beyondblue which was amazing. A representative game based on donations for a cause we care about was special, and enough time has passed to do this again. If there's no time between seasons, we could look at putting in a mid season bye and having it as a stand alone game.

S25 is a milestone which may mean nothing. MAKE it mean something. Run a review of the league's history. Perhaps put together a small group of media performers and assign them duties (like we did with Sweet FA Media back in the day). A couple could focus on seasons 1-5 and 6-10 and so on and so forth. Maybe a review of the biggest stories. Maybe interviews with people that have been around from the early days. Maybe a focus on the building of qooty itself. As the leader you can actually drive the output, and you can MAKE S25 mean something. And by doing that, you can steer conversation to relevant, league related banter rather than the other crap that can creep in.

That's just a few things. I wish you all the best and if you ever want to chat I'm more than happy to.

Very generic response from a failed human being.

Once again I'll be vindicated by this decision by Blacky and The Filth Wizard.

Best of luck, Cloud_ .

Can’t talk for Blacky but I wasn’t in any discussions over the next admin. Would have been fine with Cloud_, pants or yourself. It’s far easier and more pleasant not being in the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back