Media New year, new Administrator

Remove this Banner Ad

In 10 years on Bay 13 I have never seen the level of dickheadery that I've seen here.
I think the SFA has well and truly rescinded it's right to call the Bay childish.
Possible and unlikely to change when we can’t even try to reign in the memes for 10 year olds without the hyesteria of some

Possible and unlikely to change when we can’t even try to reign in the memes for 10 year olds without the hyesteria of some
I hate agreeing with any of you ‘swear filter’ but I do. We cant control everyone nor should we, my point was there is good and bad everywhere, and the SFA is made up from people from everywhere, and lets face it, Bay people are the least of the problem.

Your counterpart went of like a frog in a blender, I only asked why it was different on two parts of the same board that apparently has the same rules and why some people are looked at more harshly.

All good but, I enjoy the overlords just doing as they please while we all sit around and wait for them to allow us to post.

Good luck Cloud_

If you need any help/advice or just want to whinge about something, feel free to PM me. I generally reply within a week :p

Sometimes it's good to have a sounding board that isn't one of the perceived 'boys club' or circle of posters that perhaps led to your appointment. Don't worry too much about them now, it's your role. Make it yours.

The best way to make a start is to get straight to work, make announcements about the upcoming season, begin organising the clubs.

And if we still have a significant amount of time before the milestone S25, perhaps you could look at running the 2nd Sweet FA charity match. Our first one raised over $1,000 for beyondblue which was amazing. A representative game based on donations for a cause we care about was special, and enough time has passed to do this again. If there's no time between seasons, we could look at putting in a mid season bye and having it as a stand alone game.

S25 is a milestone which may mean nothing. MAKE it mean something. Run a review of the league's history. Perhaps put together a small group of media performers and assign them duties (like we did with Sweet FA Media back in the day). A couple could focus on seasons 1-5 and 6-10 and so on and so forth. Maybe a review of the biggest stories. Maybe interviews with people that have been around from the early days. Maybe a focus on the building of qooty itself. As the leader you can actually drive the output, and you can MAKE S25 mean something. And by doing that, you can steer conversation to relevant, league related banter rather than the other crap that can creep in.

That's just a few things. I wish you all the best and if you ever want to chat I'm more than happy to.
Cheers for the advice okey. :thumbsu:

I intend to not waste any time and begin discussions with the committee as soon as the personnel changes are finalised. I've already made a thread outlining my ideas for changes, and I expect more announcements wouldn't be far away.

Charity matches are actually now deeply ingrained in the fabric of the SFA which is a wonderful thing. These days we usually have 1-2 charity events every year, each time individuals in the SFA community have taken the initiative to organise the fundraiser and on every occasion it's been very well supported. As a matter of fact we have an charity match organised fundraising for BeyondBlue in memory of drazah who sadly passed last season: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-drazah-memorial-match.1183369/
It's brilliant to see everyone unite over great causes like these and I'll work hard to help keep these going.

I agree that the milestone season warrants some fanfare in the media. I've already had one person express interest in working on such projects which is promising and hopefully by the time the season begins a few more would be on board to work on these projects. In my stint, I really hope to influence the return of more game and team based media/banter. Of recent seasons I feel like posting has gravitated towards drama 24/7 and I feel like relevant banter has been on the decline because there is no story to it of late. If you give me permission to I'd absolutely love to revive some of your media concepts such as salaries and relevance rankings which have been missing of late.

Clod_ is a terrible choice as Admin.

He’s funny, intelligent, and measured in his posting and therefore in no way represents the common folk of the Sweet FA.

Frankston Rover has every reason to feel aggrieved that he missed out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just what we need, another ‘nice guy’ administrator.

I’ve got nothing against Cloud_, in fact by and large I love his work. His contribution to the league over the past few seasons is unarguable, there is no disputing that.

But this league has been overrun by an influx of unjustifiably egotistical flogs and a plethora of shitposters - not just in Baghdad (lol), but across the broader Sweet FA landscape. A leader prepared to get down and dirty, to call out and abuse, to meet shitpost for shitpost, is what we have all been crying out for.

That person was FR.

Just like the the last Admin appointment, a gross oversight has been made today, and I for one fear that a solid contributor in Clod is about to be chewed up and spat out
I agree with what you’re saying but think you may be severely underestimating Cloud_ .
BTW congrats cloud and all the best.

OMG cayz don't question the establishment, you're on a need to know basis or it doesn't concern you....

Oh your a Gmod also.
Continue then your majesty.

It's a stupid word, this isn't 4chan. The swear filter is there for a reason.

OMG cayz don't question the establishment, you're on a need to know basis or it doesn't concern you....

Oh your a Gmod also.
Continue then your majesty.
WTF is a Gmod?

What word are we talking about, I think I missed something.

The one Haro and D2D use at every opportunity yet I still don't think they know what it means.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back