Game Day AFLW 2018 Grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

The effort and fight was there. Just lacked a bit of calmness under pressure in the big moments. Well done Lions on making us proud again this year.

Well played Doggies. Better side on the day. Cleaner and harder at it.

I think we were clearly the cleaner and harder side in the first half. Flipped in the second.

Result is more about capitalising on the opportunities when they come. Dogs did.

Gutted for the girls. Two years running. Feels like a long way back here, but I said that last year.

Now we have to minimise the losses of players to expansion clubs. Going to be tough.

Solid effort from the Brisbane girls today and this year! They fought to get into back-to-back Grand Finals and pulled it off. Not even that upset because I could tell that they gave it what they got.

Thanks for having me on this board for the AFLW season guys!

Ugh. This ******* club.

3 pivotal moments.
- 1st quarter. Woosha running towards goal and Conway not seeing her.
- Goal to the dogs with 16 seconds to go in the 3rd quarter.
- HTB free kick and goal in the last quarter (didn't that ump blow it quick and didn't pay another)

Crushed..umps were the difference.
Umpires in AFLW are crap. Sometimes they let too many things go (esp holding the ball calls, dropping the ball and incorrect disposal calls), and other times, tiny pushes/bumps get picked up. Not sure how bias the umpiring was, as there were dangerous tackles going both ways not looked at.

Bad luck to Brisbane, esp to lose two in a row by only a kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we were clearly the cleaner and harder side in the first half. Flipped in the second.

Result is more about capitalising on the opportunities when they come. Dogs did.

Gutted for the girls. Two years running. Feels like a long way back here, but I said that last year.

Now we have to minimise the losses of players to expansion clubs. Going to be tough.
Definitely agree about capitalising on our chances. The likes of McCarthy and Ashmore have been poor this season. Still I enjoyed the game for what it was (umpires excluded) and both teams went in that's for sure.

We were 2nd to the ball too often, and not enough run from stoppages. But there wasn’t much in it and we didn’t quite capitalise on our chances in the first half which ultimately cost us. Conway a great find this year, will only get better. Be good to have Virgo back. Need one more classy midfielder to go all the way.

Lapses in the third cost us.

Not to mention dominating the first half for little reward.

Gutted............ but still proud of the girls.

Given no hope at the beginning of both seasons but two time Grand Finalists and beaten by a kick twice.

They have nothing to be ashamed of

And oh yeah.....Lutkins is a gun

Second quarter most probably was what cost you today, should have been 2 or 3 goals up at half time.

But clearly the best performed team over the first two seasons and deserve more, but the AFLW free shot to second place really cost you last year.

Solid effort from the Brisbane girls today and this year! They fought to get into back-to-back Grand Finals and pulled it off. Not even that upset because I could tell that they gave it what they got.

Thanks for having me on this board for the AFLW season guys!

Welcome any time, as is anyone who comes in peace. Cheers and good luck for your season this year:)

Lacked polish. All there is to it and I felt that was the case last season as well. Need to work on our skills. Also forward line needs a revamp I feel we just don't have the ability to kick a winning score with the staff we have currently. Outside of Woosh no one really has the ability to snag a chance goal I feel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back