Geelong 2018 = Geelong 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

So one VFL/AFL premiership in an even year. Even year chokers by the looks of it.

Only if you think we'd have beaten you in the grand final had we got past Pies in the prelim. Is that what you are saying? History would be on your side if that IS what you are saying given you're history against Hawthorn in knockout finals (i.e. the real "when it matters" finals).

Once the Bomber/Weapon/Dank story is completely revealed you'll have 7 VFL/AFL premierships instead of your current 9.

Rofl. Keep hanging onto that hope.

2018 geelong is 2007 geelong? hahahah, well its the same team from the same town but minus the following players....

Scarlett, Mooney, Egan, Joel Corey, Enright, Wojincski, Chapman, King, Mackie, Lonergan, about 12 actual or possible AA players.

So yeah, same team...

So far you have abused me, implied I take drugs, Stated I’m thick and I have a poor comprehension of English. Quality retort....

you Keep playing at being the internet tough guy from behind a keyboard.

Listen buddy, getting back to my original point, Geelongs list won’t win the flag. Trotting our the old injury excuse is the biggest cop out. The two players you speak of have seeen better years. The remaining 7 are mediocre at best. Talking about past glories from 2011 is irrelevant to the current conversation. You are done and obviously still salty about the other week. I look forward to watching our youngsters cut up those old decrepit has beens that you are basing all your remaining hopes on.

I’m about as tough as a piece of discarded glad wrap mate. I’m just intelligent enough to know how to construct a mildly coherent argument backed by fact.

Parfitt, Menzel etc mediocre? Ok mate.
They might not be Ablett or Lockett, but along with Henderson (week in week out our best defender last year) they are in our top dozen players, and like it or not, the likes of Guthrie, Scott Selwood are also in our best side. Of course the swans were missing players. But this suggestion that they came to fortress KP and defeated an opponent on a roll with all their players available or something is inaccurate in the extreme.

Salty about the other week? You beat us every time you come to KP. I expected us to get flogged, we led for three quarters. The only game I’m ‘salty’ (has there ever been a more lame term in the history of the English language? Seriously) about is the west coast one because we clawed our way back and set up a win only to collapse in a five minute disaster.

And lastly, we’ve debuted more players in the last year and a half than just about any team in the comp. Ablett aside, our three best players on Sunday we’re Menegola, Stewart and Kelly, and our among our next best was Ratugolea. The guy who got the rising star nomination a week earlier also isn’t a hasbeen.

Are we going to win the comp? It’s unlikely. At least try and base an equivalent conclusion on reality however, rather than fantasy.

Say what you want but this Geelong team is an unstoppable juggernaut much like the Geelong 2007 team was. Conceding a mere 32 points against premiership favourites GWS and a meager 45 points against a highly fancied Collingwood on their home soil over the last 2 weeks is no mean feat. It's blatantly obvious that something has clicked with this Cats team, much like how the 2007 team clicked after round 5.

After we lost to Sydney in round 6, the team was slammed for being lazy, the lack of defensive midfield pressure in particular was highlighted in the media. It's fair to say that a few home truths were told internally following that loss, much like the home truths that were told following the round 5 2007 loss to North Melbourne.

Scary to think that this team has so much quality sitting in the stands due to injury/suspension, just wait until we get those players back. Hawkins, Menzel, Parfitt, Scooter, Cockatoo, Henderson and Cam Guthrie all best 22 players that didn't play today.

We have the list profile that has the right ingredients to create a dynasty as well. There's so much quality youth coming through down at the Cattery right now that it's scary just how good this team can be over the coming years, and there's more highly rated father sons coming through the system for us too.

There are no other good teams this year, much like there were no other good teams in 2007. Before anyone says Richmond well they are just a good ordinary side that got lucky by getting to play 3 home finals last year, despite finishing 3rd on the ladder. They have also had a very soft start to the year this season by only having to play one top 8 side from last year, no surprises they got spanked in that game.

I know that many supporters from our club as well as opposition supporters will disagree with me, but I tell it like it is regardless of what others think.

The only thing that could possibly stop us from winning this year's flag is if our injury crisis somehow gets even worse, but with no injuries from our past 2 games, things are looking up in the medical room and all I can say to the supporters of 17 other teams is that you should book your September holidays now if you haven't already booked them.
A broken clock...

You created the same thread last year yeah?

This thread is hilarious!

And they reckon Tiger fans get ahead of themselves.

Unstoppable juggernaut - words fail me.

I doubt tiger supporters read that paper. Might be something in there about playing teams at their home grounds or something that sends them into paroxysms of fear.

Wasn’t this type of rhetoric used for the Freo final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha that is a funny little article isn’t it. Go the addy.
But even more funny is that you went off and trawled for it. Good golly.

:'( You told me to lighten up and it really wasn’t hard to find

“There are no other good teams this year, much like there were no other good teams in 2007.”

I thought that the reason the cats dynasty was better than the lions and the hawks was because of how much tougher the Comp was in 2007.

No its because they won in alternate years. Like Swans making GF in alternate years.

Why so defensive? I’m not point scoring, because if I was, I would undoubtedly win.

The quality of those 9 players is questionable....

I was just laughing at this ridiculous thread. The current Geelong side are nothing like their 2007 side. They will struggle to to remain in contention for the flag this year.
Most sides - Richmond and West Coast excepted - seem to have headed backwards or just treading water.

Once the Bomber/Weapon/Dank story is completely revealed you'll have 7 VFL/AFL premierships instead of your current 9.

Shane Charter had input there as well. Should also include 2011 as that was Bomber's team, which makes 6 premierships.

So one VFL/AFL premiership in an even year. Even year chokers by the looks of it.

Only if you think we'd have beaten you in the grand final had we got past Pies in the prelim. Is that what you are saying? History would be on your side if that IS what you are saying given your history against Hawthorn in knockout finals (i.e. the real "when it matters" finals).

Without fail you can be found in every single Geelong related thread on BigFooty

#rentfree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back