Geelong 2018 = Geelong 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh god you're one of those 'triggered' people. Trump supporter?

Men's Rights Activist?

Thought it was hilarious that you would quote the OP in a semi serious manner, that's all. Like a sentence was used as evidence that destroyed some theory.

The only one that’s come in here running around putting out perceived spot fires is you. Everyone else had treated it with the amusement it deserved. You keep me amused Dori, always riding around on your little pony from thread to thread waving the cats flag - keep up the good work.

Hookers and blow apparently. Mostly blow. In any case I asked about 2008. Do you have a calendar with all the even numbered years removed?

Only a Geelong fan would call a QF "the big stage". It would explain why Geelong have had such trouble getting beyond the prelim lately. Play their GF in the QF.

A QF is a big stage... It just isn't the biggest stage.. Winning flags would be bloody tough, especially how competitive the competition is, you either need a lot of luck ( injuries, form.etc) or have a team full of stars which is usually pretty rare.. Hawks and Cats have had a pretty good run over the last decade, other teams have barely made finals, so I don't really get why Cat and Hawk supporters need to be at each others throats.. We are just supporters in the end and it's not really a huge deal...

What happened in 2008 then? Easily Hawthorn's weakest side of their last 4 premierships beat Geelong at pretty much the peak of Geelong's powers. Perhaps Fremantle 2013, Sydney 2014 and West Coast 2015 looked weak because they were playing a team that would have pantsed 2008 Hawthorn who in turn pantsed 2008 Geelong?
lots of players playing injured, we chocked in front of goal and hawthorn played immoral football by continously taking out players after they handballed and rushing behinds.

Lock this. Send it to the bay and sink it.

I need a Hawks alias so I can com back here and s**t can it.

Of * it - who needs an alias...

Stop this crap!

Go Catters

I'm convinced. Geelong are the real deal and there is no point for teams to be competing for the rest of the year. Hand them the cup now.

This is a satire post surely?

If not:

We rolled you without a spine on your home deck.

Your team kicked 9 goals against Collingwood on the G.

Keep believing what ever you need to believe. I’ll gladly drink your tears, come years end. Hehe

I can’t believe anyone would bother coming in here to try and pointscore but my rebuttal would be this:

Sydney has had, from memory, 4 wins at KP in the last 7 years. You beat us in 2011 at KP. It didnt stop us winning the comp. and yeah you were missing some guns. We were missing 9 players ourselves so what’s your point?

The mediocrity of yesterday says a lot more about us than one disastrous quarter against a side who has constantly given us grief over the last decade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why so defensive? I’m not point scoring, because if I was, I would undoubtedly win.

The quality of those 9 players is questionable....

I was just laughing at this ridiculous thread. The current Geelong side are nothing like their 2007 side. They will struggle to to remain in contention for the flag this year.

Yes, Ablett and Taylor in particular are questionable in terms of quality.

Ablett and Taylor are like 25 year old Porsche’s that have not been serviced in years. Broken down, Rusty and mechanically faulty machines that time has passed by.

Ablett was probably the best player on the field yesterday (admittedly in a poor game) and had spearheaded a 51-point turnaround in the game he picked up his injury. Away. Against the team that’s just won it’s 7th straight match. He’d also had 39 and 35 in the opening two rounds.

Taylor spent three quarters of last year pinch hitting at CHF and STILL managed to shut down just about everyone sent his way when he had to go down back.

Like when you look at his 4th last game - you know, the one where he butt-f***ed Lance Franklin and your team bowed out of the competition?

Ablett is a one way runner, who has no business in the midfield anymore. He exposes your midfield. Should be a sf, where he can still offer true value.

Well done.... Taylor got the wood on Franklin when he was on one working limb (literally).

I remember the year before when your team “bowed” out of a preliminary final. They barely had a score to half time. Poor old Bartel looked like his heart was broken. It was equally putrid as our efforts last year. Short memory it seems.

Anyway, I’m glad our u12 side managed to break your teams will in a quarter of footy. It was entertaining :)

Just interesting how Franklin had gone 4, 3, 10, 4 in the four matches before Taylor towelled him up and kept him goalless isn’t it. Imagine if he had two legs. He’d have gone 8, 6, 20, 8. What’s double zero again?

How have I got a short memory genius. You just tried to claim Taylor can’t play anymore - it is literally 4 games in his career since he blanketed the best forward of the last 20 years. It’s literally 24 hours since Ablett picked up at least a Brownlow vote. It’s 3 games since he combined 35 touches, a goal, and 6 tackles to get us within a point of Hawthorn.

But nah yeah but nah hey. Can’t play.

We've won plenty of premierships in even numbered years. 1878, 1880, 1882, 1884, 1886 and 1952.

So one VFL/AFL premiership in an even year. Even year chokers by the looks of it.

The 2011 QF mattered, don't tell yourself otherwise.

Only if you think we'd have beaten you in the grand final had we got past Pies in the prelim. Is that what you are saying? History would be on your side if that IS what you are saying given your history against Hawthorn in knockout finals (i.e. the real "when it matters" finals).

We've won 16 premierships compared to Hawthorn's 13 premierships, and we've just dawned on a new era which should bring us even more premierships, whereas Hawthorn are set for a long spell in the wilderness.

Once the Bomber/Weapon/Dank story is completely revealed you'll have 7 VFL/AFL premierships instead of your current 9.

Last edited:
Your first paragraph is hyperbole. Ridiculous.... he played injured. Kicked 4 goals in the first quarter and half against Essendon in the final the week before. Then barely got a touch as he got injured in the match. He has surgery in the off season to both knees, shoulder and his ankle.

Ablett actually got 32 not 35 possessions (short memory) of which only 8 were contested. 2 tackles. Interesting you lied to emphasise your point. he has No defencive work rate or accountability. He is a front runner, who racks up cheap possessions, while exposing his team mates. When it come to the crunch, you will be exposed by good teams with him playing in the guts. He is a shadow of his former self. Should be played forward..Further, your centre clearance and stoppage win percentages went up While he was injured.

F*** me in the mouth learn to read you tit.

Three games ago, AS I SAID ABOVE, he had 35 (15 contested) 6 tackles, a goal.

I didn’t lie about anything. Maybe your English teacher did when she/he told her principal she was doing a decent job but I sure didn’t.

We lose clearances by 4 with Ablett.
We lose clearances by 9 without Ablett. And that includes games against St Kilda and a pathetic GWS.
No idea what scores from stoppages are with/without him but pretty clear you’re argument about us being better at clearances without him has been lubelessly rooted.

Lay off the crystal pistol mate.

P.s. funny how Franklin’s injury was so bad, yet he picked it up (it was a cork by the way so he’s either incredibly f***en soft, or you’re incredibly thick) in the first quarter.

And then promptly kicked 4 goals in the second.
Must have been a horrendous injury. Gary Rohan Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back