Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 22: Kieran Lovell

Remove this Banner Ad

We have Ollie who seems highly rated and mosquito coming through, small forwards impact straight away so both will be ready by the time poppy and cyril finish up, small forwards are the least of our worries. We need more mids. With teams clamping Mitchell we look fairly poor through the midfield atm

Agreed. Our midfield depth is not where it needs to be.

Was watching the Pies v Saints last night and a guy called Tom Phillips stood out for me. Looked his stats up, and is averaging 29 touches through the midfield this year. Cocky bastard, but looks to have some serious upside to his game. Good speed, inside/outside, kicks goals.

So I looked, pick ******* 58 in the 2015 draft. Lovell's draft.

Phillips is one of the better young wings in the comp right now. With both Hill and Hartung on the list at the time i doubt we were even looking at him. But really good get by the pies!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Was watching the Pies v Saints last night and a guy called Tom Phillips stood out for me. Looked his stats up, and is averaging 29 touches through the midfield this year. Cocky bastard, but looks to have some serious upside to his game. Good speed, inside/outside, kicks goals.

So I looked, pick ******* 58 in the 2015 draft. Lovell's draft.
Also Burton’s draft

It would be nice, if he was given a chance to prove himself first, before being written off by our supporters.

Still has time to make it, no doubt. I hope he does. I was just trying to highlight how good Phillips has looked in the same amount of time/pre-seasons.

At this stage, it would take the most optimistic supporter to think Lovell will reach the levels Phillips has consistently this year.

Yep. Very good pick up at 19. And yeah, every draft and every team has misses.

I just wish we nailed that pick also. Both were our only relatively early picks for a good period.
Whoever we took with that pick would have ended up in #36.

I have wondered why Worpel ended up in 38 as our first pick and Moore ended up in 36. Usually, numbers are allocated in numeric sequence and draft order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the fact that Phillips has taken till this year to make his mark shows that some players take time to develop. Lovell has had his flaws defensively I believe, which he has been working on at BH. Still optimistic that he has the tools to be a very good player.

I guess the fact that Phillips has taken till this year to make his mark shows that some players take time to develop. Lovell has had his flaws defensively I believe, which he has been working on at BH. Still optimistic that he has the tools to be a very good player.

I'm still convinced he has Tommy Mitchell-esque ball winning capability when playing in the midfield too.

Newman needs to keep him in the middle. Then Lovell needs to keep this form up for a month at least.

There seems to be a few ahead of him in the queue

Yeah to me it looks like he is behind Cuz as a young inside mid and behind Worps as a young small defensive forward.

Was it me or did he look a bit out of shape in the box hill game they televised over the weekend?

He copped a fair few hard knocks but didn't seem to be all that quick footed, where I thought his pace and ball winning ability were someof his strength.

Good luck to the young fella, hope he makes it for us.

Wonder if the Club doesn't think much of Lovell.

If he was to go at the end of year, what can we reasonably demand? 4th rounder? Nothing as out of contract?

Does Lovell think about re-signing with us after not getting much opportunity?

It's only Round 11 but this is an interesting space as I think the rest of our delistings/list changes are reasonably clear

Wonder if the Club doesn't think much of Lovell.

If he was to go at the end of year, what can we reasonably demand? 4th rounder? Nothing as out of contract?

Does Lovell think about re-signing with us after not getting much opportunity?

It's only Round 11 but this is an interesting space as I think the rest of our delistings/list changes are reasonably clear

Could be another Hartung type situation. We get nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back