Essendon Trading 2017 - Player Nominations and Impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I bet they are

It doesn't get much easier for Jacobs than a Merrett. But if I was Scott i would let him have his way with your Captain. Either way one will be disappearing next Sunday. Might actually be a good for Hep to sit this one out.

Not sure I should even mention the C word. He may re-break his world record - he loves a timid midfield!!!

It doesn't get much easier for Jacobs than a Merrett. But if I was Scott i would let him have his way with your Captain. Either way one will be disappearing next Sunday. Might actually be a good for Hep to sit this one out.

Not sure I should even mention the C word. He may re-break his world record - he loves a timid midfield!!!
haha I can't wait for next week! I'll be on the blower to you at half time and see what you have to say then!! :D

Another week, another win in both the AFL and the VFL where our supposed spuds have not only done well but been integral in the results.

Stringer (dominant first half including 3 goals), Saad (arguarbly BOG for us), Smith once again zippy around the contest and amongst the votes imho whilst the reserves beat VFL powerhouse Box Hill with Aaron Francis amongst our best and a raft of other kids doing very well.

Be pretty embarrassing for North if they lose this week.

As embarrassing as losing to Carlton?

A loss and we are fine - a loss for ess and the season is over. One thing we know - ess usually fall over in big games - has been the same for 15 years. Its why you have the longest run without a finals win. It's why 2018 will be another failed year.

Imagine starting prep in 2005!! You would have gone through your entire school life without seeing your club win a final. Now that's embarrassing!!

Another week, another win in both the AFL and the VFL where our supposed spuds have not only done well but been integral in the results.

Stringer (dominant first half including 3 goals), Saad (arguarbly BOG for us), Smith once again zippy around the contest and amongst the votes imho whilst the reserves beat VFL powerhouse Box Hill with Aaron Francis amongst our best and a raft of other kids doing very well.
Dude - you're 12th. Bringing in VFL wins into a debate is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Stringer blew up at quarter time - again.

As embarrassing as losing to Carlton?

A loss and we are fine - a loss for ess and the season is over. One thing we know - ess usually fall over in big games - has been the same for 15 years. Its why you have the longest run without a finals win. It's why 2018 will be another failed year.

Imagine starting prep in 2005!! You would have gone through your entire school life without seeing your club win a final. Now that's embarrassing!!
It sure is. We have been a laughing stock for 15 years. Win or lose this week i still can't see us making finals, if we do beat you though you also go into doubt. Another first half season dominance to another second half season flop.

Massive pressure on the Roos this week, hopefully you don't play like last Saturday.

It sure is. We have been a laughing stock for 15 years. Win or lose this week i still can't see us making finals, if we do beat you though you also go into doubt. Another first half season dominance to another second half season flop.

Massive pressure on the Roos this week, hopefully you don't play like last Saturday.

Great to get a win after the bye - its been a long time. Now that the rust is gone we should get back to belting the weaker sides. Most had us bottom 2 or at best bottom 4 - we are much better than that and I am loving it!!

Yep all the pressure on the North,North have looked a bit shaky the last 2 weeks.
Lol what? Our season doesn’t end with a loss - yours does. Only 1 team is playing in an elimination final.

All the talk out of essendon about top 4 and winning a final as a minimum goes out the window if you lose on Sunday.

Shaky the last 2 weeks? Tell us how shaky we were last week? Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol what? Our season doesn’t end with a loss - yours does. Only 1 team is playing in an elimination final.

All the talk out of essendon about top 4 and winning a final as a minimum goes out the window if you lose on Sunday.

Shaky the last 2 weeks? Tell us how shaky we were last week? Cheers

You lost Geelong and scraped over the line against an injury ravaged Dogs outfit

As for Essendon our season was shot months ago important thing for us now is to continue on our improvement from the last month and having a strong finish to the season

Last edited:
You lost Geelong and scraped over the line against an injury ravaged Dogs outfit

As for Essendon our season was shot months ago important thing for us now is to continue on our improvement from the last month and having a strong finish to the season

Losing to Geelong in Geelong is not sky falling stuff. We have lost 4 years in a row off the bye. The rust is now gone and to win playing well below your best is a good sign.

You posted that if you beat us and the Pies you will play finals? Are you back tracking or do you get confused with what you post? The pressure of an elimination final for one of the big under achievers of 2018.

I think a few here (including EFC fans) don’t understand our list dynamics when calling for an inside mid. Over the last few years we’ve recruited Clarke (#1 avg disposals in the VFL in his second year), Parish with #5 (currently injured), Mutch who is racking it up in the VFL, Begley who is meant to be an Rockliff/Chapmen mouldy hybrid (currently injured), Langford (learnt midfield craft in the VFL last year and now starting to apply it at AFL level), McGrath (who got plenty of clearances when played in the middle at U18 level), Guelfi, Mynott, and Stringer.

So we’ve got a heap of inside options, just some are a little time away. And Stringer has now averaged 19.5 disposals, 4.3 clearances, 3.1 tackles and 2.3 goals over the last 4 rounds.

Given how well SSS are tracking and their age profiles, this was a great trade period for us.

Given how Guelfi looks at AFL level, and Zerk-Thatcher at VFL we may have done pretty well with the drafting as well.

Looking at our off season so far you'd have to say it's been a huge success, Thanks for all the support you've all shown and will continue to show for the duration, We appreciate it.
All new players with the exception of Houlahan have exceeded my expectations.

Gotta hand it to the C word, he's a match winner in every sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back