Preview Gold Coast vs Essendon, Carrara, Saturday 14/07/18 @ 7:25 PM

Who will have more handballs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stringer, Saad, Smith and Guelfi were not around in 2017. Hooker was forward and Joe was fit.

i think some assumptions are being made based on subjective interpretations of team selection. Hopefully you can start enjoying your footy because despite our current position, there are plenty of positives to go with the negatives.

i still think we can make the eight and if we get there, do some damage.

Don't you see the irony of picking the best side to win games to make finals when it includes Colyer in his current state? Green?

Don't you see the irony of picking the best side to win games to make finals when it includes Colyer in his current state? Green?
No but it does illustrate that there are players playing who don’t fit in with your opinion of the best 22. Surely you should know by now that I am generally taking the piss with my over the top support of Green. He is a limited player and may not get another game at the club.
I actually find it all pretty funny and try not to take that or my own opinion too seriously.

No but it does illustrate that there are players playing who don’t fit in with your opinion of the best 22. Surely you should know by now that I am generally taking the piss with my over the top support of Green. He is a limited player and may not get another game at the club.
I actually find it all pretty funny and try not to take that or my own opinion too seriously.

I get that. It's that I'm supposed to have some faith in the best 22 selections of the hierarchy. When that hierarchy results in selections of liabilities something needs to change.

Long not named in reserves - likely travelling emergency..?? Stringer out a big loss, I reckon we need another option up forward - maybe throw Hooker forward, or we could try Langford deep although he's been pretty solid on ball of late...Surprised Myers came up and wasn't injured (again!). Hope team line up like;-

Dea Hooker McNeice
McKenna Hurley Saad
Guelfi Goddard McGrath
Tippa Brown Smith
Langford McKernan Fantasia

Bellcho Heppell Z.Merrett

Bench from: Parish Colyer Myers Baguley

I get that. It's that I'm supposed to have some faith in the best 22 selections of the hierarchy. When that hierarchy results in selections of liabilities something needs to change.

Woosh hinted at it earlier in the year, the players and coaches sat down and established a plan for how they werw going to approach this year. This hirearchy structure has been implememted so each player knows where they fit (its also not uncommon).

Players at football clubs have credits, they have done for 100 years. Just because there is not immediate change doesnt mean that players arent moving up and down within this structure.
Green is one that appears to have lost his place and langford one that has earnt his. Coaches may be asking for certain things to be demonstrated and we arent privy to the circumstances surrounding players (francis being one).

Dont torture yourself over the selections otherwise you are going to resent the club and not enjoy games on the weekend if you are focusing solely on who you want out there.

To anyone saying we can't lose this game. We lost to Carlton who are 2 games worse off than Gold Coast.

This is 100% the type of game Essendon can lose, anyone saying otherwise hasn't been paying attention to the last 15 years of EFC.

Woosh hinted at it earlier in the year, the players and coaches sat down and established a plan for how they werw going to approach this year. This hirearchy structure has been implememted so each player knows where they fit (its also not uncommon).

Players at football clubs have credits, they have done for 100 years. Just because there is not immediate change doesnt mean that players arent moving up and down within this structure.
Green is one that appears to have lost his place and langford one that has earnt his. Coaches may be asking for certain things to be demonstrated and we arent privy to the circumstances surrounding players (francis being one).

Dont torture yourself over the selections otherwise you are going to resent the club and not enjoy games on the weekend if you are focusing solely on who you want out there.
I reckon I might be more in your camp than Bruno’s on this one.
I am ok with Colyer, Parish and Fantasia being seen as a better small forward/ wing options than Green or Long and whilst different players, enough to cover Stringer. Long is probably slightly stiff as he was ok but someone had to make way for Fantasia.
I am also ok with Francis paying his dues in the reserves after walking out of the club.
Dea coming back in as a proven solid defender works ok too.
It all makes sense but that is just my opinion. I honesty don’t get what all the fuss is about on this one.

If we lose another couple of games we can experiment with the kids.

I reckon I might be more in your camp than Bruno’s on this one.
I am ok with Colyer, Parish and Fantasia being seen as a better small forward/ wing options than Green or Long and whilst different players, enough to cover Stringer. Long is probably slightly stiff as he was ok but someone had to make way for Fantasia.
I am also ok with Francis paying his dues in the reserves after walking out of the club.
Dea coming back in as a proven solid defender works ok too.
It all makes sense but that is just my opinion. I honesty don’t get what all the fuss is about on this one.

If we lose another couple of games we can experiment with the kids.

I think part of the fact there is so much frustration is because we don't experiment with the kids.
To all of a sudden change tack would be very unlike Woosha and coaching staff.

I think part of the fact there is so much frustration is because we don't experiment with the kids.

There is a fascination with youth on here.

I get that some want form to be rewarded earlier but we also hang it on the club when a young player comes in and is dropped shortly after.
We just see the ommitted next to their name we dont see the fatigue, physical toll, personal problems, not playing role during structure, not following instructions or just not ready that the club monitors.

No the club is not infallible, yes coaches make errors and have favourites, but they also have access to much more data than we do to make decisions.
So when the club does something i dont understand instead of take the position they have made an error and my way is right i take the position that there must be some bit of imformation i dont have. That seems the most logical stance to take.

Unfortunaly the club will still believe they can make finals

We can not and with injuries id like us to turn to some youth.

Who could forget last years celebration of making the finals :drunk:
Must be in Worsfold contract that he gets a bonus if we make the eight.

Surely you should know by now that I am generally taking the piss with my over the top support of Green.
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The grass is always (Josh) greener and all that...

Let’s pick the best team available and then once we are no chance for finals it is open slather on playing the kids? Whatdoyareckin?

The grass is always (Josh) greener and all that...

Let’s pick the best team available and then once we are no chance for finals it is open slather on playing the kids? Whatdoyareckin?

that avatar is delicious

Francis must have porked wooshas daughter or something.

literally the best time to play the kid yet still doesn't get a go?

Anyone with the inside scope share why?

Good comments and puts things into perspe
HAHAHA - Nah Eric Bana. He used to do a skit where he'd just walk up to randoms and ask em 'What do you reckon?' Pisser
i thought it was Cher

Reckon that Redman had also climbed a fair bit up the ladder as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back