Official Team Thread Dragons FFC S25 Official Team Thread - #breathefire - Congratulations Blaze Storm! S25 BnF winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Hatchy1992 's putting the stare on the red head... finish the count first skipper!
180710094223-01-george-clooney-file-2018.jpg

Firstly we have the last of the minor awards for the night –

MVP award – Most dreamteam points:

It's really no surprise, but Blaze Storm takes out the MVP award for season 25, accumulating the most dreamteam points throughout season 25 with a massive 1356, across 19 games, including 3 finals appearances for the club.

Well done on a terrific season mate, and thanks again for all your assistance!

Now for the final countdown to the LJP86 award. Without further ado, let’s announce the top 3.

3rd –

phenom pic.png

Coming in third place for the LJP86 award, and in his first season for the club, we have the clubs marquee signing during the off season, finishing with 197 votes, and 70 total goals for the club in his first season as a Dragon, we have PhenomenalV1. The faith we put in him at the start of the season, wasn’t mis-placed and he rewarded our faith with a huge first season as a Dragon, finishing in the top 5 for the Fred medal too.

Congratulations mate, and we will continue to expect big things from you!

View attachment 528497

Alright, let’s take a quick break from proceedings so everyone can go refuel, get a drink and go to the first of the minor awards for the night, the Best Clubman award…

Best Clubman award:

This award recognises a player that the captains feel has put in a commendable amount of effort, both in match thread posting, and in the off field stakes including the club thread.. The captains have a huge task and there are players at every club that assist them to make their job easier, more often then not by turning up every week with the captains knowing these players can be counted on to be consistent and helping the club out, often not getting the recognition they deserve.

This season there were a few players who we felt were worthy of this award, but this player, after moving over to the Dragons at the start of the season, was highly regarded by all his previous clubs, but often is highly underrated externally. Those that haven’t been his teammates don’t often understand how enthusiastic he is for the league, despite him posting league wide, and after captaining him previously at the Wolves before being reunited at the Dragons this season, I can vouch for him. This season, the captains find it fitting to award the best clubman to mike123 Congratulations mate, and well deserved!
Thanks guys, it's an honour for my work to go recognised like this. Thanks Hatchy for bringing me over here and the rest of the leadership group and team for accepting me. It's is the season I enjoyed the most and it feels like I finally found my groove back into the SFA after a few seasons in the wilderness. Look forward to the next season with the Dragons!

2nd –

mike123.jpg

The runner up for the much coveted LJP86 award, also in his first season for the club, we have the ever consistent and reliable mike123 with 217 votes. Mike had a massive finals campaign to surge into 2nd for the race to the best and fairest, and enjoyed a very successful debut season as a Dragon, playing predominantly in the midfield, with the occasional stint in the half forward line. The winner of the clubman award for season 25, he was a massive coup heading into the season, and we will continue to expect big things from him next season to back up a massive debut season for the club.

2nd –

View attachment 528544

The runner up for the much coveted LJP86 award, also in his first season for the club, we have the ever consistent and reliable mike123 with 217 votes. Mike had a massive finals campaign to surge into 2nd for the race to the best and fairest, and enjoyed a very successful debut season as a Dragon, playing predominantly in the midfield, with the occasional stint in the half forward line. The winner of the clubman award for season 25, he was a massive coup heading into the season, and we will continue to expect big things from him next season to back up a massive debut season for the club.
Recruit of the season.

Now it's time to announce the winner of the coveted Ljp86 award for season 25!

1st

blaze storm.gif

But as always, there is only one winner. Blaze Storm accepted a position as my co captain for season 25, in previous seasons he has always been there or abouts in the place getters, but the added role of captain has seen him set the season alight, finishing in the midfield in the All SFA, it goes to show how highly regarded he is, not just within the club, but in the league as a whole. After debuting in season 23, he’s had his best season to date, and has capped off his season with the LjP86 award, aswell as the MVP award, finishing with a whopping 345 votes, well ahead of the runner up.

Congratulations on a terrific season as captain, and thanks for your assistance this season, in not just managing the team stats, but everything else you’ve assisted myself with. You are a deserving winner, and it’s been an honor to captain the club with you this season.

Let's give a standing ovation for tonights winner!

Now it's time to announce the winner of the coveted Ljp86 award for season 25!

1st

View attachment 528549

But as always, there is only one winner. Blaze Storm accepted a position as my co captain for season 25, in previous seasons he has always been there or abouts in the place getters, but the added role of captain has seen him set the season alight, finishing in the midfield in the All SFA, it goes to show how highly regarded he is, not just within the club, but in the league as a whole. After debuting in season 23, he’s had his best season to date, and has capped off his season with the LjP86 award, aswell as the MVP award, finishing with a whopping 345 votes, well ahead of the runner up.

Congratulations on a terrific season as captain, and thanks for your assistance this season, in not just managing the team stats, but everything else you’ve assisted myself with. You are a deserving winner, and it’s been an honor to captain the club with you this season.

Let's give a standing ovation for tonights winner!

Thanks everyone for such a great season! I have to be back on stage later to give a co-captain's address so I'll spare everyone two long speeches, and say- thanks for a great season 25, everyone!

So with the top 3 announced, the final leaderboard for the Ljp86 award looks like this:

Blaze Storm 345

Mike123 217

PhenomenalV1 197

WFL - 196

Hatchy1992 - 147

VSTone - 142

Cammo6556 - 122

Pie 4 Life - 103

LJP86 - 84

Chefmeister - 33

KnifeySpooney - 27

Vanders - 26

mooresome -16

Danoz -11

Jatz -10

Determinant -8

iBeng- 7

Daniel1812 - 6

The Half Back - 5

AmericanCrow - 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now for the final countdown to the LJP86 award. Without further ado, let’s announce the top 3.

3rd –

View attachment 528543

Coming in third place for the LJP86 award, and in his first season for the club, we have the clubs marquee signing during the off season, finishing with 197 votes, and 70 total goals for the club in his first season as a Dragon, we have PhenomenalV1. The faith we put in him at the start of the season, wasn’t mis-placed and he rewarded our faith with a huge first season as a Dragon, finishing in the top 5 for the Fred medal too.

Congratulations mate, and we will continue to expect big things from you!
Phenom delivered. Now for the ton next season.

Player movement news:

With the vote count over finished, and the winners announced, it’s time to pay tribute to our departing players for the club. As with every season, the off season is always a difficult time with players departing and bidding our farewells to those players.

As the captain, I would like to ask iBeng and vanders to the stage please so we can bid a proper farewell to them. In my short time as captain, these players have been great to captain, and have added a terrific amount of experience to the lineup over numerus seasons, and also in iBengs case, I had the privilidge of captaining him at the Wolves too.

But of course, it would be remiss of me to not mention The Half Back , who also departs us for a new adventure. This season he has been enormous and has made a huge comeback to the league, and with his posting this season, added a lot of experience to the Dragons onfield outfit, and was great value off the field too. We wish him all the best at the Hawks, and please, don’t be a stranger mate.

OUT:

iBeng (Retirement)

The Half Back (Hawks)

Vanders (Hawks)

However, after bidding our farewell, let’s finish off with some good news. After numerous back and forth discussions over previous weeks, it is my pleasure to announce that everyones favourite Roy has agreed to join us for season 26. After 35 games at the Wonders and the Roys, debuting in season 24 and finishing runner up in the season 24 EKA award, she is no stranger to Dragon Island as she is a regular at Croc Drunkee’s already, let’s make a huge welcome to xenxen for next season. It will be a pleasure to have her aboard for next season!

To go with our huge announcement, I would also like to make welcome our new rookies to the club too. I expect great things from these rookies, and it is a pleasure to welcome mistylake, Waynesworld boneofshin , Pea Nut and last but not least, CinnaMay to the club. The club have enjoyed a massive off season with some great additions who have agreed to join us.

IN:

Xenxen (Roys)

Mistylake (rookie)

Waynes World (rookie)

Boneofshin (rookie)

Pea Nut (rookie)

CinnaMay (rookie)

With all the official order of business finished, it is time for my captains address. Firstly, I’d like to ask Blaze Storm to take the stage for his captains address…

Player movement news:

With the vote count over finished, and the winners announced, it’s time to pay tribute to our departing players for the club. As with every season, the off season is always a difficult time with players departing and bidding our farewells to those players.

As the captain, I would like to ask iBeng and vanders to the stage please so we can bid a proper farewell to them. In my short time as captain, these players have been great to captain, and have added a terrific amount of experience to the lineup over numerus seasons, and also in iBengs case, I had the privilidge of captaining him at the Wolves too.

But of course, it would be remiss of me to not mention The Half Back , who also departs us for a new adventure. This season he has been enormous and has made a huge comeback to the league, and with his posting this season, added a lot of experience to the Dragons onfield outfit, and was great value off the field too. We wish him all the best at the Hawks, and please, don’t be a stranger mate.

OUT:

iBeng (Retirement)

The Half Back (Hawks)

Vanders (Hawks)

However, after bidding our farewell, let’s finish off with some good news. After numerous back and forth discussions over previous weeks, it is my pleasure to announce that everyones favourite Roy has agreed to join us for season 26. After 35 games at the Wonders and the Roys, debuting in season 24 and finishing runner up in the season 24 EKA award, she is no stranger to Dragon Island as she is a regular at Croc Drunkee’s already, let’s make a huge welcome to xenxen for next season. It will be a pleasure to have her aboard for next season!

To go with our huge announcement, I would also like to make welcome our new rookies to the club too. I expect great things from these rookies, and it is a pleasure to welcome mistylake, Waynesworld boneofshin , Pea Nut and last but not least, CinnaMay to the club. The club have enjoyed a massive off season with some great additions who have agreed to join us.

IN:

Xenxen (Roys)

Mistylake (rookie)

Waynes World (rookie)

Boneofshin (rookie)

Pea Nut (rookie)

CinnaMay (rookie)

Who said we couldn't sign rookies and welcome aboard xenxen.

Player movement news:

OUT:

iBeng (Retirement)

The Half Back (Hawks)

Vanders (Hawks)

IN:

Xenxen (Roys)

Mistylake (rookie)

Waynes World (rookie)

Boneofshin (rookie)

Pea Nut (rookie)

CinnaMay (rookie)

xenxen WHAAAA? What a revelation!

dragons icon.png

As the co-captain for season 25, I couldn’t be happier with how the team went this season. Sure, we had ups and downs, but short of taking home the cup at the end of it all, we achieved all the little bits a club can achieve.

More important than what you achieve is how you achieve it. The whole season, our players were unflinching in their attack on the man and ball, but also brought a wit and enthusiasm to the pregame threads that would make any captain proud. Sure, there are plenty out there who call us “boring”, because we aren’t abrasive for the sake of it, but we’re here to have fun and vent steam, not to wave around a sense of self-importance.

I’d like to acknowledge the brilliant work of the Leadership Group this season in helping to keep the team moving in the right direction, and their great work in recruiting, helping us bring in the best talent from around the league. In particular, co-captain Hatchy1992, who did the lion’s share of duties, and sacrificed his on-field game at times to achieve goals off-field.

I’d also like to acknowledge our new recruits going into season 25. While we were excited to see @Danozreturn after a pilgrimage to the Hawks, it was our pair of players pulling on the green, black and white for the first time that really made the season 25 Dragons shine.

PhenomenalV1 came to us after much furore from the down-spiralling Bombers, and became an instant hit in our match threads and through his tireless efforts behind the scenes with the Leadership Group seems destined for great things in the seasons to come. While he was initially recruited for his goal-kicking prowess, and he again proved his talents on field, it was his off-field work that truly shone.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, mike123 came to us from the lethargic Roys, and instantly justified his selection with some of the most entertaining banter the club has ever seen. He and club stalwart @WFLformed an indomitable pair in match threads, and made the club an enjoyable team to be in.

I had the enviable honour of running out in the ruck position as I had watched my former captain Hate do. While it was always an honour to do so, it was humbling to be awarded the TFLUA-Tiger Award at the end of the season. While this is an individual honour, it is thanks to the team that I pull on the qooty-boots every week, and my performance through the season was a reflection of the hard work and sacrifice of every member of the team.

The MVP and ljp86 Awards are a fantastic honour, and I'm fortunate to have had the season I had and earn these prestigious honours.

However, it is not by looking back, but by looking forward that we reach our goals. Our recruitment for season 26 has our entire leadership group excited and we are ecstatic to see such a brilliant cadre of Hatchlings this season. To all our new recruits, I’d like to extend you all a warm welcome at the bar at Croc Drunkees, @Knifey Spooney will show you around. A special warm welcome to a personal favourite player of mine, xenxen. I'm excited to see how you go this season and hopefully you can show all these guys how real qootball is played.

It’s not all celebrations, however. This season we lose a true club icon with iBeng, who leaves us to head into retirement. His departure is a loss to the team both on and off the field. We also farewell vanders and The Half Back, who leave us for the yellower pastures of the Hawks, and to both of you, we say “good luck, and get ******”.

Now let’s finish this night off and move on to bigger and better things in season 26!

As the co-captain for season 25, I couldn’t be happier with how the team went this season. Sure, we had ups and downs, but short of taking home the cup at the end of it all, we achieved all the little bits a club can achieve.

More important than what you achieve is how you achieve it. The whole season, our players were unflinching in their attack on the man and ball, but also brought a wit and enthusiasm to the pregame threads that would make any captain proud. Sure, there are plenty out there who call us “boring”, because we aren’t abrasive for the sake of it, but we’re here to have fun and vent steam, not to wave around a sense of self-importance.

I’d like to acknowledge the brilliant work of the Leadership Group this season in helping to keep the team moving in the right direction, and their great work in recruiting, helping us bring in the best talent from around the league. In particular, co-captain Hatchy1992, who did the lion’s share of duties, and sacrificed his on-field game at times to achieve goals off-field.

I’d also like to acknowledge our new recruits going into season 25. While we were excited to see @Danozreturn after a pilgrimage to the Hawks, it was our pair of players pulling on the green, black and white for the first time that really made the season 25 Dragons shine.

PhenomenalV1 came to us after much furore from the down-spiralling Bombers, and became an instant hit in our match threads and through his tireless efforts behind the scenes with the Leadership Group seems destined for great things in the seasons to come. While he was initially recruited for his goal-kicking prowess, and he again proved his talents on field, it was his off-field work that truly shone.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, mike123 came to us from the lethargic Roys, and instantly justified his selection with some of the most entertaining banter the club has ever seen. He and club stalwart @WFLformed an indomitable pair in match threads, and made the club an enjoyable team to be in.

I had the enviable honour of running out in the ruck position as I had watched my former captain Hate do. While it was always an honour to do so, it was humbling to be awarded the TFLUA-Tiger Award at the end of the season. While this is an individual honour, it is thanks to the team that I pull on the qooty-boots every week, and my performance through the season was a reflection of the hard work and sacrifice of every member of the team.

The MVP and ljp86 Awards are a fantastic honour, and I'm fortunate to have had the season I had and earn these prestigious honours.

However, it is not by looking back, but by looking forward that we reach our goals. Our recruitment for season 26 has our entire leadership group excited and we are ecstatic to see such a brilliant cadre of Hatchlings this season. To all our new recruits, I’d like to extend you all a warm welcome at the bar at Croc Drunkees, @Knifey Spooney will show you around. A special warm welcome to a personal favourite player of mine, xenxen. I'm excited to see how you go this season and hopefully you can show all these guys how real qootball is played.

It’s not all celebrations, however. This season we lose a true club icon with iBeng, who leaves us to head into retirement. His departure is a loss to the team both on and off the field. We also farewell vanders and The Half Back, who leave us for the yellower pastures of the Hawks, and to both of you, we say “good luck, and get ******”.

Now let’s finish this night off and move on to bigger and better things in season 26!
You make me a proud Dragon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back