If Dees make the finals who do you prefer to play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong nearly caught our percentage and its not even half time haha

I hope we win and play them in the first final. They have had two very very very soft games, at home, for their run into the finals.

Players are always talking about how important hitting form at the right time is - but form is important against good teams, not a bunch of bruise free games.

Tomorrow’s game is massive for us. Lose and we have to play the same team - only without the home ground advantage we lost with anyway (yada yada we can’t play the MCG I know but better than having to play at Spotless for the first time ever). Win and we play a team we’ve had the better of twice this year, while they’re coming off two soft games, in front of an MFC crowd that hasn’t seen finals since 2006. Can’t imagine two more disparate situations

Good result for us tonight. If we win our first final we’ll definitely play either Richmond or Hawthorn (unless West Coast lose tomorrow). Means we won’t have to travel

I’m not scared of their 22, I honestly think Geelong are a stronger team despite lower ladder placing.

I’m scared of Clarkson...

Incredible isn't he, no other coach gets that group into the top 4.

But he can't coach contested footy, we should be able to bully them in the middle and provided we set up defensively and don't allow them to kick through our press we shouldn't worry about them at all.
Is rather see the hawks win it all this year than the tigers though. Sick of their gamestyle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please just avoid the swans
I think we can take the Swans this time. All hoodoos break eventually, and we were very close last time and stuffed it up with our own mistakes rather than their superiority. It's a recent memory and they'll be drilled on the things they stuffed up and do them better next time.

Incredible isn't he, no other coach gets that group into the top 4.

But he can't coach contested footy, we should be able to bully them in the middle and provided we set up defensively and don't allow them to kick through our press we shouldn't worry about them at all.
Is rather see the hawks win it all this year than the tigers though. Sick of their gamestyle
The Hawks can * off into the next millenia

Winner of 5v8 definitely plays the loser of 1v4
Yes and this may how it pans out:

If Dees win today
Week 1 vs Geelong at MCG
Week 2 vs Hawks or Tigers at MCG
Week 3 vs West Coast at Optus or Pies at MCG
Week 4 GF

If Dees lose today
Week 1 vs Sydney at SCG
Week 2 vs West Coast at Optus or Pies at MCG
Week 3 vs Hawks or Tigers at MCG
Week 4 GF

Which one do you like to see?

Yes and this may how it pans out:

If Dees win today
Week 1 vs Geelong at MCG
Week 2 vs Hawks or Tigers at MCG
Week 3 vs West Coast at Optus or Pies at MCG
Week 4 GF

If Dees lose today
Week 1 vs Sydney at SCG
Week 2 vs West Coast at Optus or Pies at MCG
Week 3 vs Hawks or Tigers at MCG
Week 4 GF

Which one do you like to see?
Why do people keep saying we’ll play Sydney? There is no possible way we get the Swans week one.

Win = Geelong at the MCG.
Lose = GWS at Spotless.

Not to get ahead of myself but I can’t imagine an easier run for any 5th placed team to the GF than Geelong W1, Hawthorn W2, and WCE/Collingwood W3. Lose today and we almost definitely get knocked out first week by GWS at Spotless.

Not to get ahead of myself but I can’t imagine an easier run for any 5th placed team to the GF than Geelong W1, Hawthorn W2, and WCE/Collingwood W3. Lose today and we almost definitely get knocked out first week by GWS at Spotless.

You are ahead of yourself

if we win today and West Coast win, it sets up an epic first week of finals.

In that scenario i reckon we'd get the Saturday night final too.

Friday Hawks/Richmond
Sat arvo WCE/Coll (gives Coll maximum travel time back from Perth)
Sat night Dees/Cats
Sunday Sydney Derby

Then again they could make the argument that Cats fans won't want to travel back at night so we'll probably get shafted to Sunday arvo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back