Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

dlanod
What was the final washup on the Treloar trade for GWS. As in what did they end up with?

I think one of the picks got Jacob Hopper but the other one is really hard to follow due to being ontraded I think.
Both the early picks were ontraded.

The 2015 pick 7 got traded to Melbourne along with Bugg for pick 10 and other picks.

Pick 10 became Hopper.

Picks 43 & 64 (Bugg trade) and 65 (Treloar trade) became points for Kennedy and Himmelberg.

The 2016 pick 7 was traded to Fremantle with McCarthy (and other picks) for pick 3, and pick 3 (and other picks) got traded to us for pick 2. So some percentage of Taranto.

The 2015 pick 7 got traded to Melbourne along with Bugg for pick 10 and other picks.

Pick 10 became Hopper.

Picks 43 & 64 (Bugg trade) and 65 (Treloar trade) became points for Kennedy and Himmelberg.

The 2016 pick 7 was traded to Fremantle with McCarthy (and other picks) for pick 3, and pick 3 (and other picks) got traded to us for pick 2. So some percentage of Taranto.

Comprehensive! Thanks!

Pick 10 became Hopper.

I heard today that Bugg was delisted by the Dees

Surprised me a bit

I heard today that Bugg was delisted by the Dees

Surprised me a bit
Looked good for a bit but that suspension derailed him pretty severely. And then just fell off the radar completely.

The price you pay I guess.

Couldn't remember which thread this was being discussed on today:

AFL trade news: Private conversation between Damian Barrett and Craig Hutchison airs on AFL Trade Radio
THE BARRETT-HUTCHISON TRANSCRIPT

Damian Barrett: I’ll just say … that’s what I’ve been told where you are, and you take …

Craig Hutchison: Can you hear the water in the background? Can you?

Barrett: *LAUGHS* I can actually, now you mention it. It’s lapping the boat, is it?

Hutchison: Yep.

Barrett: There’s a reference here in Johnno’s (producer Johnno Nash) rundown to Robert Walls saying that he predicted the Eagles to win the wooden spoon. Are you comfortable if I was to say that?

Hutchison: Yeah.

Barrett: Because you said that at the Footy Classified meeting first up this year, from memory.

Hutchison: Nah, I said they’d finish 17th.

Barrett: 17th?

Hutchison: Yep.

Barrett: Oh … we’ve got a problem here.

Hutchison: What’s wrong?

Barrett: Cam Noakes has just texted me. Our conversation was on Trade Radio.

So they release this as the "full transcript" despite there being a hell of a lot more that was said, including the really juicy bits which made them both look the fool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they release this as the "full transcript" despite there being a hell of a lot more that was said, including the really juicy bits which made them both look the fool.
Clearly the PR machine is trying to spin it as "nothing to see here". Everyone is hoping the original audio turns up somewhere.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-04/what-the-lions-brains-trust-told-axed-midfielder

Not sure where to put this - great little bit about Tom Bell being cut and how he and the brains trust responded to it - great attitudes all around.

Funny to contrast this with a doco I was watching about Cleveland Browns NFL team the other day called hard knocks, the meetings with cut players literally lasted 10 seconds, they barely got a chance to sit down.

Had a walk through a local park - (Hickey) here in Gordon Park and came across an AFL ground. Apparently the home of the Wilston Grange Gorillas! We should nick their motto victores per unitem or victory through unity

Had a walk through a local park - (Hickey) here in Gordon Park and came across an AFL ground. Apparently the home of the Wilston Grange Gorillas! We should nick their motto victores per unitem or victory through unity

QWAFL champions this year...

Very good, well run local club.

That is good news..talking of which...I see a selective breeding programme has been introduced at Hawthorn...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...iend-Kate-Jesaulenko-split-Kym-Valentine.html

I am intrigued with this relationship. I have always loved Trent Croad. I remember Jezza’s daughter was a model many years ago and appeared on the footy show.

But how does one from Hawthorn hook up with a legends daughter from Carlton? I am not sure this story is real. Maybe they are just good friends? Anyone know?

Imagine the breeding though - the looks, the talent!! Sign them up Hawks!!

Geelong seem to have an issue with the integrity of their coaches it seems....but as an ex Lion, I really hope Chris Scott can sort out his business dealings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back