The Wentworth federal by-election

Remove this Banner Ad

It is stating the obvious that the Libs shouldn’t have sunk Turdbull. However, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realise that Turdbull was leading the Libs down the same failed path as Labor when he knifed Abbott.

And Abbott would have led them back into opposition in 2016 if Turnbull didn't step in to clean up the mess. Abbott was and is despised by the electorate. Get that through your head Lebs.

I know. We should go for higher taxes and increased welfare. That would ensure that the country goes belly up within the next decade!
I understand you're angry , it's just misdirected in this instance.

The delcons could've ****ed off with bernardi but noooooo , they wanted the cot AND the toys didn't they ?!
Malcolm told 'em...he *en TOLD 'em he'd do it , and what'd they do ??

He'd started to turn the polling and they shat their dacks.

Galatians 6:7:
'Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap'.

And Abbott would have led them back into opposition in 2016 if Turnbull didn't step in to clean up the mess. Abbott was and is despised by the electorate. Get that through your head Lebs.
He fell over the line after having a 10% point lead 7 months before the election.

And Labor are counting this as a win!

It’s going to be interesting watching Labor win the next election with a primary vote of 36% across the nation.

I think you misread my post.

I was comparing the swing against the ALP in the 1975 by-election in Bass to the swing against the LNP in the 2018 by-election in Wentworth.

I understand you're angry , it's just misdirected in this instance.

The delcons could've ****** off with bernardi but noooooo , they wanted the cot AND the toys didn't they ?!
Malcolm told 'em...he ****en TOLD 'em he'd do it , and what'd they do ??

He'd started to turn the polling and they shat their dacks.

Galatians 6:7:
'Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap'.
I said they shouldn’t have knifed Turdbull. You don’t sack PM’s. That is our job. Once Turdbull knifed Abbott, we all knew what was going too happen.

Speers reckons we'll all be voting sooner rather than later.
I dont think its convenient
Vic election coming up
The earliest would be to try and go before the NSW state election but it would need to be called late Jan.
Dont know if that would be to the Libs advantage state or fed.
They need to try and hang on and look normal which is going to get harder and harder.
The worse it looks the worse its going to get.
Just wait for the leaks to start from the pissed off moderates
Then a bit of chaos when the Mad Hatter takes a day off

With the redistributions they are already about half a dozen seats down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abbott was polling at 45-55 TPP.

The polls immediately turned around once Turnbull knifed Abort.

You'd have to be pretty dense or at least delusional if you can't put 2 and 2 together.
And he would have lost the 2016 election if he waited any longer to call it.

So Scott Morrison now has to lead a minority government. If it wasn’t so serious it would be hilarious.

Julia Gillard’s minority government passed over 160 pieces of legislation. Just sayin.

The Bolt Report and Paul Murray Live will be fun to watch on Sky News next week.
It will be as painful as ever.

Despite the Liberals losing one of their safest seats to a climate change activist, they'll still be advocating for a Trumpian lurch further to the right while blaming leftists "mobs" and Turnbull for Wentworth.

If the Liberals had any balls (or brains) they'd be calling out & ignoring these fools who as much as anyone are responsible for this loss.

Keep it up I say. The more conservatives morph into regressives, the more the Australian electorate will reject them.

He fell over the line after having a 10% point lead 7 months before the election.

I know you will not believe this, but if Malcolm was allowed to run his preferred policy position - moderate action on climate change, support SSM without the ideological war, generally just take a right of centre position on everything then the Libs would be in charge for a very long time.

But it was not enough for the right. They always want more. And they are completely blind to the fact Australians as a whole do not want more.

Turnbull was the only chance the libs had and they killed him.

This will all be proven at the next general election if it wasn’t today.

And if Shortan plays his cards right he will shift he labor party a little to the right and Libs will continue to be a bunch of unelectable nut jobs for ever more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back