Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, it reminds me of something I saw on Twitter recently:

"you've been kidnapped. your kidnappers allow you to keep tweeting to pretend everything is alright. what would you tweet that would alarm your followers without the kidnappers knowing that you're asking for help."

Yes I know it's not a tweet as such, but nonetheless I think he's adopting the same approach of saying something we know he simply wouldn't say under normal circumstances

#freeacres
you might be onto something there .... if he come out with the "I'm really keen to work on my ruck work ... i think i can really add another dimension to my game by compeating in more centre bounces...." then its time to call in the SWAT team ...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...uYK9KYYKDY8q3EOBGjy-XaVE2EZHFwr7eZfJVr8iga3G4

“I’ve spoken to ‘Richo’ five or six times since I finished off at the Saints,” Weller told Macquarie Sport Radio’s Melbourne Breakfast.

“He’s been a pretty good voice for me, talking to other clubs and telling them what I can do, where I played and why I played a forward.

“He’s been a really good advocate for me to get somewhere else.”

super good use of his valuable time

Definitely. What an uplifting gesture he has made to an ex player that will show the rest of the playing group that they will be looked after as best they can.

Can't see a negative in it at all, as much as people want to make out like it is.

Yeah, it actually makes me think he's good guy. Mav was pretty unlucky to go from leadership group to the scrap heap in a 12 month period. The fans on here treated him pretty unfairly IMO. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe in his s**t 2018 season.

Yeah, it actually makes me think he's good guy. Mav was pretty unlucky to go from leadership group to the scrap heap in a 12 month period. The fans on here treated him pretty unfairly IMO. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe in his s**t 2018 season.
And who knows what the reasons were for his delisting and who knows how long Richo spoke to other clubs about Mav. It may have been a 10 minute chat to 1 or 2 clubs. Big deal IMO lol.

Definitely. What an uplifting gesture he has made to an ex player that will show the rest of the playing group that they will be looked after as best they can.

Can't see a negative in it at all, as much as people want to make out like it is.
So you've saying he does this for all delisted players?

Bloke must be going well to be spending time on players who aren't contracted to the club. Everything must be in order.
You guys have to be taking the piss. I mean seriously...

Who knows. But who cares? Why do we have to criticize him for absolutely everything? What if it was a 5 minute conversation. What if all it was was an e-mail.

Laughable some of the comments surrounding this really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke must be going well to be spending time on players who aren't contracted to the club. Everything must be in order.
It might surprise you, but there are enough hours in the day for Richo to take a few minutes to help Mav out.

It is essentially like giving a reference for a past employee. Nothing to be outraged about.

It might surprise you, but there are enough hours in the day for Richo to take a few minutes to help Mav out.

It is essentially like giving a reference for a past employee. Nothing to be outraged about.
I. Am. Outraged!

Who knows. But who cares? Why do we have to criticize him for absolutely everything? What if it was a 5 minute conversation. What if all it was was an e-mail.

got told the same thing last pre-season when i said i was concerned that a number of players in the leadership were off on holiday the weekend prior to the first pre-season game, despite it being our most important season since we made a grand final. was all a joke. over-reacting. point and laugh stuff.

come the regular season when the wheels have fallen off suddenly people didnt think it was a joke anymore.

Most coaches do it for most players at most clubs
Cant stand Richo and hope he is gone by end of the JLT series, but we are clutching here for a reason to bag him. he is doing the right thing for one of his ex players

Last edited:

He's spoken to Mav five or six times since he got delisted. He's spoken to clubs on his behalf.
This is a bloke who was too time poor to watch a contacted player last season.

got told the same thing last pre-season when i said i was concerned that a number of players in the leadership were off on holiday the weekend prior to the first pre-season game, despite it being our most important season since we made a grand final. was all a joke. over-reacting. point and laugh stuff.

come the regular season when the wheels have fallen off suddenly people didnt think it was a joke anymore.
You've said numerous times that we needed change from 2016, so why bring up a pre-season from a year later?

Irrespective of that, I'm confused as to how that even remotely compares to this.

He spoke to a couple of clubs for an undisclosed amount of time about a player that he respects enough to try and prolong his career despite making a tough call to delist him from his own club.

Would love to know how this will severely impact our football program.

I am laughing to myself for even having to defend Richardson in this instance. And you know my views on the coach, as do others. I think he is not up to it. But far out, talk about going overboard.

He's spoken to Mav five or six times since he got delisted. He's spoken to clubs on his behalf.
This is a bloke who was too time poor to watch a contacted player last season.
Haha yeah we're absolutely stuffed because he had a chat to another club about a free agent.

Put the cue in the rack now. We're done.

I fail to see the connection between that and Richo spending a little time trying to help out our delisted players.

Whatever one thinks of his coaching and/ or personality, he seems to be well respected throughout the game as a decent guy and he’s doing pretty much what any decent guy would.

It’s one thing to think he’s a s**t coach, but I think the bagging of his personality has gone a bit far, just quietly. Are we all such great charismatic figures that we need to constantly take pot shots at his character? (not aimed at you, StC.)

Maybe there’s a reason the players seem to like him and no one requested a trade contrary to major speculation about this happening.

Good on him.

Last edited:
You know what else?

We don't know what Richo & Mav's relationship was like. Given he played Mav in many games that the general consensus here thought was a silly move, they may actually be good mates.

Maybe it's simply a case of a mate helping a mate.

Anyway it's a nothing issue, I won't comment anymore on it. Bigger issues at the club to worry about than this.

And who knows what the reasons were for his delisting and who knows how long Richo spoke to other clubs about Mav. It may have been a 10 minute chat to 1 or 2 clubs. Big deal IMO lol.
21o7vpi.jpg

Totally agree. The guy might be a terrible coach but let's not confuse that with being an ordinary person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back