Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s not confident? The players, the coaches or the admin?
Exactly!
And whomever it is that is not confident about beating Gold Coast or is
Even feeling the pressure and or shitting themselves!
Needs to be Removed from the club post haste!

I mean seriously there are bouts of confidence and belief
Then there is this completely defeatist feeble crap!
They need to be identified and publically shamed!

Exactly!
And whomever it is that is not confident about beating Gold Coast or is
Even feeling the pressure and or shitting themselves!
Needs to be Removed from the club post haste!

I mean seriously there are bouts of confidence and belief
Then there is this completely defeatist feeble crap!
They need to be identified and publically shamed!

Honestly, if their mental state is this fragile at this stage of the pre season, we’re already in the poo. I find it hard to believe, but if so, get the team a psych.

They are confident - just nervous given what happened last year and the ramifications if we lose.. but it’s some coaches & admin..

Ok, well your post said there’s not a lot of confidence around the sheds.
Glad it’s not the players, and Richo should be nervous.

Individual confidence comes from training. Do the work and inevitably you will back yourself to be at least in the contest, and at best dominating your opponent.

That’s completely different from team confidence, which is a little bit collective confidence and a lot from demonstrated success.

I have played in teams where the new recruits have been supremely confident, and the first game you play with them they just exude a mindset that shouts ‘give me the ball, then watch and learn’. Then you play with them and they’re actually awesome and you’re like ‘Heck Yeah’!

With our 2018 track record plus the anticipated changes to the best 22 I think there will inevitably be some nervousness around the Saints through the opening rounds.

Hopefully we are harnessing any nervousness to motivate the group to train as hard as possible now. Then we just need to be good in the JLT so we can further develop some belief.

But I’d find it a bit maddening if the boys were strutting around supremely confident after the shyte they dished out this year.

Ok, well your post said there’s not a lot of confidence around the sheds.
Glad it’s not the players, and Richo should be nervous.
Sorry - there’s not a lot of confidence for the year. The first game there’s confidence in winning but a sick feeling if we don’t. There’s a lot gun shy from last year and realistic, if not negative, as where our list stands this year.

There is a lot of positive voice about where our list is heading though.

Sorry - there’s not a lot of confidence for the year. The first game there’s confidence in winning but a sick feeling if we don’t. There’s a lot gun shy from last year and realistic, if not negative, as where our list stands this year.

There is a lot of positive voice about where our list is heading though.
That's a worrying sign to be honest.

Are these the same people saying its a matter of when Ratts takes over?

Yep kinda bursts the bubble that last year might have been a once off and the coaches are confident that the kids underneath can take a big jump. Nothing like a bit of realism!
Not concerned about on field. It's more the back room chatter.

No point if you fly the flag this early

Hope I'm wrong.

Have to trust the process and the results will take care of themselves.

Yep kinda bursts the bubble that last year might have been a once off and the coaches are confident that the kids underneath can take a big jump. Nothing like a bit of realism!
I do not like this realism you speak of! Tis most deflating.......
Can't we just go back to blind delusional optimism that says that our club itself
Believes we are a good side!

Need to bring in an experienced and proven confidence builder :cool:

DelayedAlarmedHorseshoebat-size_restricted.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think people need to stop putting so much weight into how these backroom people believe we will do next year.
They are guessing as much as us.
Going from their previous decisions and actions
I would venture to say they can only dream to guess as good as we can!

Anyone bagging Richo for being a good bloke can get in the bin as far as I’m concerned. There were people bagging him for doing a course in leadership too.

Fair dinkum. I’ve bagged the bloke this year, but you’re on another level when you’re bagging him when he does good things. Give him a fair go, at the end of the day he wants what we want - for this club to succeed.
Well Santa didn't get my letter. I asked him to shove Richo into his bag and take him back to the North Pole for a year.

Being totally honest - I’m yet to decide. I was absolutely on the sack Richo wagon and expressed it to the club. Think I still am - BUT - I would like to see how he goes with the suppprt staff around him now.

Sack Richo.
I'm still on the sack Richo wagon but do feel comfortable knowing we could shift him sideways or out altogether and have Ratts there to take over.

I'm still on the sack Richo wagon but do feel comfortable knowing we could shift him sideways or out altogether and have Ratts there to take over.
Exactly.

No stress/debt sacking him in 2019 - Ratten ready in the wings - unless we make the 8 of course.

9-12 finish tells me he will get an extension aswell. 1 year

as much as peeps like to think our club is inept i highly doubt that we are going into the 2019 season with the powers to be thinking that "meh if Richo fails we have Ratts as a back up"
Im pretty sure we are going into the next season thinking Richo is the right man.
id hope so anyway.

as much as peeps like to think our club is inept i highly doubt that we are going into the 2019 season with the powers to be thinking that "meh if Richo fails we have Ratts as a back up"
Im pretty sure we are going into the next season thinking Richo is the right man.
id hope so anyway.
I won’t ruin what’s left of 2018.. so let’s just pretend that’s the thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back