Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratts exposed himself to Clarko? Oh my...

Anyhoo... Grilled Cho on 360 was embarrassing.

Not a betting man but I honestly believe Cho will be in a player development role by mid year and Ratts head coach.
Yes, it's all having a bit of a Charles "the Hammer" Martel to Pope Zachary feel to it...

I think preseason games will already tell a lot. Didn't we want to build a winning culture last season?
Yeap. One of a few sides to actually train for AFLX. Which was surprising enough given how important season 2018 was. Then they went out there and capitulated against hawthorn, who barely spent any time on it what so ever.

All up we came out looking like *******s RE: AFLX. More so than the AFL.

NAB didn't go much better. Red flags everywhere.

They are confident - just nervous given what happened last year and the ramifications if we lose.. but it’s some coaches & admin..
They are confident every year. It's how players are programmed. They're pumped up to reach a proclaimed potential. They're aiming high and they should.

The problem is our admin seems to have a "if we build it they will come" attitude to onfield performance. Like if they talk it up enough it will somehow get there.

I tell you what I wouldn't be expecting miracles from a club that has appointed a football boss with 6 months experience as a footy GM who's first real appointment was a list manager with literally zero experience in list management.

It will take time but people will eventually see through the bullshit and see how truly up s**t creek we are.

Until we start appointment the right people starting with the CEO we are going no where.

as much as peeps like to think our club is inept i highly doubt that we are going into the 2019 season with the powers to be thinking that "meh if Richo fails we have Ratts as a back up"
Im pretty sure we are going into the next season thinking Richo is the right man.
id hope so anyway.
Spot on

It's at the point now where Finnis will need to go with richo when he doesn't make finals. s**t won't get better until the club has someone who can actually appoint the key people beneath him that can run a football club.

Spot on

It's at the point now where Finnis will need to go with richo when he doesn't make finals. s**t won't get better until the club has someone who can actually appoint the key people beneath him that can run a football club.
Nothing like starting the new year off with a sack every kent post

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, it's all having a bit of a Charles "the Hammer" Martel to Pope Zachary feel to it...

My family claims they are related to Martel and the Carolingians, royal linage is pretty loose though and they often claimed linage that wasn't very accurate to try to buy some credibility. We definitely have a line from the Plantagenet kings but before that history is pretty hard to trace from my poor research skills.

Think he lasts the season - unless it’s armegeddon.. Every single person at the club has eyes on round 1. It’s literally grand final. They know if we lose that, the media will eat us alive. Few of the guys are *****ing themselves already.
i remember a few years back the biggest game was round one against the Dee's where it was seen as a tipping point for the loser of that game .. i remember certain people at the club were really big on the importance of that first up game .... turns out we did win that game and still ended up with the spoon.. meanwhile the team we beat that day last year made a prelim final ....
round one games are important but not the be all to end all

Spot on

i dont think that would happen at all ....
Finnis is there to get the business of St Kilda running smoothly - from that point he has been doing a fairly solid job of that. the issue is in my opinion Finnis was trying to have a finger in each pie by way of overseeing everything and in that point the football department went down hill .. Lethers in his role will take over that side of the club and i think you will see less and less of football related actions being guided by Finnis ... im fairly certain from a board level they look at Richo and finnis as seperate entities its not a case of you need to sack one if you sack the other ... our ladder position i dont think is a determining factor in how they rate Finnis and his job ...

but just for shits and gigs because you have been pretty consistant on this Finnis must go line of thought who would you appoint as CEO in Finnis spot ?

i remember a few years back the biggest game was round one against the Dee's where it was seen as a tipping point for the loser of that game .. i remember certain people at the club were really big on the importance of that first up game .... turns out we did win that game and still ended up with the spoon.. meanwhile the team we beat that day last year made a prelim final ....
round one games are important but not the be all to end all
Agree in a normal season.. but this one differs a bit. Coming off such a balls up season and playing a Goulburn Valley Football/Netball rated list, if we don’t win, it’d be disastrous for the club from a market point of view. Media would have a field day.

My family claims they are related to Martel and the Carolingians, royal linage is pretty loose though and they often claimed linage that wasn't very accurate to try to buy some credibility. We definitely have a line from the Plantagenet kings but before that history is pretty hard to trace from my poor research skills.
For those who didn't get the reference: The Frankish empire was run by a king, with a senior underling called the Mayor, who basically ran the country on the king's behalf. Charles the Hammer Martel was the mayor... and also won the Battle of Tours, stopping the Muslim advance into Europe. Charles eventually sought endorsement from the Pope to take over, famously asking the "hypothetical" question: "Who should be king? The one with the title who does none of the job, or the one doing the job without the title?" Intriguingly, the Pope stayed out of it until the Hammer's son, Pepin the Short tried again, and got the Pope onside. He became king, and his son became Charles the Great, or Charlemagne.

Agree in a normal season.. but this one differs a bit. Coming off such a balls up season and playing a Goulburn Valley Football/Netball rated list, if we don’t win, it’d be disastrous for the club from a market point of view. Media would have a field day.
the exact same thing was said about 2014... the loser of round 1 were going to cop the wrath of the media all year ... as it was we wone that game and only 3 more for the year so the media came at us anyway ... if we lose round 1 this year but still win 10 games for the year i dont think it matters all that much... only thing will be with our harder start to the year it will mean we have a deeper whole to dig our way out of ... doing the ladder prediction thing i have us 1-8 to start the season but we come home strong...
from my experiance (all be it limited) around the team pre-game they would be entering the game really confident that they have the plan and the ability to work out a win against pretty much anyone... i think the differance is we got a little burnt by being confident externally last year so this year you might not see as much outwardly confidence ..

For those who didn't get the reference: The Frankish empire was run by a king, with a senior underling called the Mayor, who basically ran the country on the king's behalf. Charles the Hammer Martel was the mayor... and also won the Battle of Tours, stopping the Muslim advance into Europe. Charles eventually sought endorsement from the Pope to take over, famously asking the "hypothetical" question: "Who should be king? The one with the title who does none of the job, or the one doing the job without the title?" Intriguingly, the Pope stayed out of it until the Hammer's son, Pepin the Short tried again, and got the Pope onside. He became king, and his son became Charles the Great, or Charlemagne.
Charles the Hammer Martel sounds like a wrestler or Because I didn't get the pop culture reference a UFC fighter.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back