Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have than enough cash to better any long term contract offer Gresham from any other club but if its got to the stage that 21 yo's with a whopping 62 games experience feel the need to move to stronger clubs to achieve "success" then we and about 12 clubs (and the competition) will be in serious trouble.
the issue is from my understanding of the guys who are elite the thing they want is stability, they will get paid exceptionally well regardless of where they go, but if we have learnt anything from the Watters era it becomes easier for players to make that move away when there is a level of uncertainty if we have another crapshoot season in 2019 and Richo is sacked mid season then we are going to be far from a stable solid looking prospect and not definatly but with a high possibillity it would be enough for a player like Gresh to say "yep lets look elsewhere" ...
let me clarify though im not saying Richo shouldnt be sacked if we get to the mid point of the year and we are going worse than we were this year then he certainly needs to go but i think we all need to be aware that in that situation sacking the coach is just the tip of the iceberg that we will be charging towards ...
hopefully we play some good footy and start winning so it doesnt become a thing we need to question ...

Yep, seems as though we have next year's coach already in place for a seemless transition. Wasn't sure Ratten wanted another senior gig but he sounds like he does. He will be familiar with our list, with what we've got, who is developing and what we need. That's a very good space to be in from which to take the reins! And that will be hopefully despite all round improvement, including games won.
Next question is who should be our captain this year. I strongly favour a change but not sure who to. Maybe Ross but he does slow down play and turn the ball over. That could be the result of instructions to "take control of the ball" and we haven't got the next stage of ball movement right or whether he is innately conservative, in which case he wouldn't be an improvement on our current captain.
As I've previously posted Roberton strikes me as being excellent captain material but not sure his health and family commitments would make next year the right time for this responsibility. Thoughts?
:padlock:

a49yyd.jpg

"Ratts has been a revelation. I had a real good chat with him and asked him what he thought makes a successful coach. He was very forthcoming and full of enthusiasm, constantly providing interesting insights as we played 18 holes of golf and later on as we enjoyed a three course meal.

I then told him all I knew over an ice cream, though to be fair, most of that time was used describing the pleasing flavours of the different Paddle Pop varieties."
Ratts. "Richo, we could try a tripple scooper salted caramel fruity tutti triple choc chip, choc sprinkle covered waffle cone with cream and berry mix on top".

Richo "Vanilla, TMBK has spoken"

the Captain question i think we will see Geary remain as captain with the leadership group consisting of Ross, Hannas, Steele, Steven and Newnes ....

the other question we were spit balling around the other night were what do we do with the number 12 jumper ?

the Captain question i think we will see Geary remain as captain with the leadership group consisting of Ross, Hannas, Steele, Steven and Newnes ....

the other question we were spit balling around the other night were what do we do with the number 12 jumper ?

I wouldnt have Newnes in the leadership role this season. His spot is in jeopardy and actually needs to focus on his performance and leading by example on the field. Should have been dropped numerous times throughout the season this year and is a very lucky boy.

Geary as captain not a fan but reckon it will be his last year in the gig. My leadership group would be Carlisle, Membrey, Steven, Hanners and Ross.

I wouldnt have Newnes in the leadership role this season. His spot is in jeopardy and actually needs to focus on his performance and leading by example on the field. Should have been dropped numerous times throughout the season this year and is a very lucky boy.

Geary as captain not a fan but reckon it will be his last year in the gig. My leadership group would be Carlisle, Membrey, Steven, Hanners and Ross.
the thing is its voted on by the players ... i think both Gears and Newnes have the supprot of the team as the leaders ...
personally i would give the captaincy to Seb Ross with Dunstan his VC these two guys are the two that from the outside look the most cut up when we lose both those guys i get the impression hold the club very close to heart and are natural leaders ...

Gram was a tough choice that needed to be made after a string of chances he needed to be cut loose
From memory st_trav…....Gram was cut loose after his continued illegal behavior off field.

Remember Watters saying that he'd warned him that if it continued he'd be cut loose.....it continued.

It was a real shame as I really enjoyed his play.

I think Geary is in the same boat as Newnes. I'd give it to Steven's or if you thought it would make membrey lead the forward group then him.

From memory st_trav…....Gram was cut loose after his continued illegal behavior off field.

Remember Watters saying that he'd warned him that if it continued he'd be cut loose.....it continued.

yeah he was gettin a little fatal attraction like with a former partner apparently ....
that said his issues also seemed to me co-incide with his significant drop in form ... by the time we cut him his heroics in the 09 grand final were a thing of the past he was just a long kick and hope type player

yeah he was gettin a little fatal attraction like with a former partner apparently ...
The media reports were alarming to say the least.

Thankfully there was no mention of pots or rabbits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. After how well he played in the GF for us, ever since I've always called the Grand Final the "Gram Final" and only one person has ever noticed. I've renamed the day in his honour.

the main point i get out of this is quite simple we are not the WCE.... to try and compare us with how they run their organisation is chalk and cheese and to be fair most of that is beyond our control we are 1 year into a half finished AFL standard facility for our training we have close to half the amount of scouts sitting in the stands watching kids play footy ... the reason WCE seem to have a higher success rate with finding players is because they have the resources and the skills on hand to excell at that, we are bridging that gap but its going to be a big differance between our clubs ...
i put my hand up that i totally underestimated the eagles i picked them to be bottom 4... losing Priddis and Mitchell who realistically dragged the through the previous year , Willi Rioli was inconsistant and looked to be carrying too much puppy fat, Jetta looked like a WAFL player , LaCras looked cooked and Darling was only good for one qtr each week, Vardy was a spud, Cripps was a downhill skier and shuey and Gaff gave the impression they were more than happy to let Priddis and Mitchell do all the work ...
fast foward to this year all those negatives turned everything around they all became important cogs in the team ... good luck to them they hit with the perfect storm to get the flag from almost nowhere all season we were waiting for the wheels to fall off but they never did ...
Completely agree with this, but dont see any reason why we cant be talking about our guys in the same vein same time next. We had a very bad year, but i think we do have quite a lot of quality players who will hopefully step up next year.
Go Saints

"We all trust Richo, we all know he knows what he's doing and I think this year he's got a great support group with all the new coaches.

"We've got to hold up our end of the bargain as well and perform each week."

Blake Acres

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-30/saints-hope-hannebery-makes-an-instant-impact
FMD the poor blokes been brainwashed
To be honest, it reminds me of something I saw on Twitter recently:

"you've been kidnapped. your kidnappers allow you to keep tweeting to pretend everything is alright. what would you tweet that would alarm your followers without the kidnappers knowing that you're asking for help."

Yes I know it's not a tweet as such, but nonetheless I think he's adopting the same approach of saying something we know he simply wouldn't say under normal circumstances

#freeacres

To be honest, it reminds me of something I saw on Twitter recently:

"you've been kidnapped. your kidnappers allow you to keep tweeting to pretend everything is alright. what would you tweet that would alarm your followers without the kidnappers knowing that you're asking for help."

Yes I know it's not a tweet as such, but nonetheless I think he's adopting the same approach of saying something we know he simply wouldn't say under normal circumstances

#freeacres

Or the poor campaigner is suffering from Stockholm syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back