Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne's double ups are brutal. Didn't notice that before. Still think they should finish top 4 though.
Looks worse than it is on the spreadsheet. The Swans are not a top tier matchup. It's still very tough on the face of it though.

Just to let u all know that the fixtures are like a lotto draw anything can happen Carlton and Brisbane and maybe St Kilda and Adelaide could make the finals and anyone can drop out from the top 8 just take it as a normal fixture draw until round 9 of next year

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
They are randomised to a small extent, but a lot of requirements are placed on the computer that generates the fixture. It's a large reason why Collingwood (one of the biggest clubs) has a soft draw nearly every year, while Saints (small club with poor match attendance) consistently get a s**t draw nearly every year.
All MCG tenants get a "soft draw" every year since they rarely end up having to leave the state and often get away games at their own home ground, but ignoring that aspect Richmond still has to double against last year's runner up, Melbourne (a serious threat next year), GWS (should still be competitive), Port (who knows) and Carlton (easy, but they have been decent against Richmond recently). I honestly wouldn't say there's any favouritism towards Richmond this year - at least no more than the other MCG tenants

Credibility issues with this :-

Geelong and Port - overrated

Adelaide - underrated

Richmond will lose its games away from the G and won’t finish 19-3 and the top 4 won’t have the 4th side with 17-5.

I can only assume you either hit the turps or did a bit of Watts activities!
I doubt what happened this year will repeat itself where we win all games in Melbourne and lose almost every game away from it.

I think the distribution will be more even where we win more interstate than 2018 and lose in Melbourne a little more. What that produces in terms of win-loss I don't know but I just don't think the difference in Melbourne and interstate will be as different as it was.

1 - West Coast
2 - Collingwood
3 - Essendon
4 - Melbourne
5 - Richmond
6 - GWS
7 - Hawthorn
8 - Adelaide

9 - Geelong
10 - Sydney
11 - North Melbourne
12 - Port Adelaide
13 - Fremantle
14 - Bulldogs
15 - St Kilda
16 - Brisbane
17 - Carlton
18 - Gold Coast

Teams 1-6 are in flag contention
Teams 7-11 are aiming to make the finals and have a decent chance
Teams 12-16 are very unlikely to make finals but it's not impossible
Teams 17-18 wouldn't expect more than a few wins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While most teams were heading towards building a mini fleet of frantic and fast ball carriers WCE showed back to basics is best.
Coaches is the process of emulating that Richmond-like model will already be looking at Plan B. Even they themselves have brought in Lynch.

Coupled with the rule changes, teams without big bodied key position players are going to hurt in 2019.

I don't see how anyone can even attempt to predict the ladder at this stage but on thing is for certain, we're going to see a lot more one on ones involving Buddy, Lynch, Brown, Rance, etc, and a lot more set shots at goal.

While most teams were heading towards building a mini fleet of frantic and fast ball carriers WCE showed back to basics is best.
Coaches is the process of emulating that Richmond-like model will already be looking at Plan B. Even they themselves have brought in Lynch.

Coupled with the rule changes, teams without big bodied key position players are going to hurt in 2019.

I don't see how anyone can even attempt to predict the ladder at this stage but on thing is for certain, we're going to see a lot more one on ones involving Buddy, Lynch, Brown, Rance, etc, and a lot more set shots at goal.
I think you're right about the list thing with WC. I also think Simpson deserves credit for creating his own trend with the gameplan instead of following and playing catchup. It does seem to take a bit from the Hawks, but it was out of favour.

Yep.

Other interests in the footy world aside from Collingwood? Ever post about Richmond? Thoughts on the 2019 ladder as per the OP? Pies to probably miss the 8 you’d think?
I like calling out Pies hubris. Tiges have been successful for main part of Hardwick's reign yet he never has the media fawning over him like Buckley does.Compare their records. I believe Pies inaction at trade table and aging "injured" stars will begin to hurt them. The draw will also hurt them. I believe they will make the eight - but be found out big time against top eight sides in 2019. Yes I know they destroyed Richmond's season in PF, however that loss well overdue.

Hardwick coaches Richmond,why the media go cold on him.
Naaah
To that as well.

Both Hardwicke and Buckley coach big clubs. The upside is when things go well they get lots of recognition. The downside is when things dont go well, they get lots of recognition.

Tiges have been successful for main part of Hardwick's reign yet he never has the media fawning over him like Buckley does.Compare their records.
Both compare very similar for winning record

Overall record
Hardwicke 53.9%
Buckley 53.7%

Regular season
Buckley 54.5%
Hardwicke 54.0 %

Buckley is 44 games less coached

Nathans prominence in the media has been driven by the takeover from MM and the struggles after that. Its a Collingwood thing

Both compare very similar for winning record

Overall record
Hardwicke 53.9%
Buckley 53.7%

Regular season
Buckley 54.5%
Hardwicke 54.0 %

Buckley is 44 games less coached

Nathans prominence in the media has been driven by the takeover from MM and the struggles after that. Its a Collingwood thing
ONE huge difference in 2017....
have you forgotten.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back