The most annoying thing said about your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

That we won't win the 2019 flag.

Premierships are hard to win yes. But what are these people saying? Compared to who? Are they ruling out Geelong with some other club in mind as better? They are all s**t.

Geelong are the only consistently good club in the comp. Some other club will probably have an amazing year and go back to being s**t the following year. But you can't pick who that club is yet.

Premierships are hard to win yes. But what are these people saying? Compared to who? Are they ruling out Geelong with some other club in mind as better? They are all s**t.

Geelong are the only consistently good club in the comp. Some other club will probably have an amazing year and go back to being s**t the following year. But you can't pick who that club is yet.
Pretty subtle post, but that is just clearly taking the piss.

Pretty subtle post, but that is just clearly taking the piss.

I honestly can't pick who will be up there next year. Other than Geelong. Richmond and West Coast are pretty good bets. But they've only been up there for 2 years. People tipped Adelaide and Port to be up there. People tipped bulldogs in 2017. Its far too superficial and incorrect. The most primitive logic. The only one I've seen likely to be up there next year is Geelong.

I honestly can't pick who will be up there next year. Other than Geelong. Richmond and West Coast are pretty good bets. But they've only been up there for 2 years. People tipped Adelaide and Port to be up there. People tipped bulldogs in 2017. Its far too superficial and incorrect. The most primitive logic. The only one I've seen likely to be up there next year is Geelong.

Pretend Benny is a lot like real Benny.

- Carlton saying we play "bruise-free footy" back in 2011. Like to be fair that wasn't even us at our worst.
- Jeff Kennett calling us a "VFL at best side" & that we "hadn't been competitive for 20 years" in 2015. Then again I take everything that parasite says with a grain of salt due to how rubbish of a premier he was and what he did to healthcare, education, etc in Victoria.
- Last but not least, just the general way we get talked about by sports media, commentators, etc as recent as 2018. We could go 22-0 and I think they'd still be critical. When we win there doesn't seem to be enough praise and when we lose we get roasted.
Not enough praise for Melbourne when they win, that is just wrong. I thought you had won the flag last year, however it was a semi final.

What? There's no laws saying you can't play music on drugs lol!

Well, there should be.

But then, I get the impression that most music fans don't care if musicians drop dead because of drug use, as long as they can still listen to their music.

I mention the music industry because of how people say that sportspeople have to be "role models" because they are paid a lot, yet musicians and actors make as much or more, and no-one holds them to being role models.

The whole "role model" thing is bullshit anyway. I pay to see a player play footy, not to determine if they are a nice guy or not. Parents are meant to be role models for their kids, not sporting heroes.

Geelong were dead average this year. If the Cats do play finals in 2019, it'll be because they've learnt, adapted, and thrived with a new game plan. The 2018 Geelong FC is not getting anywhere near a flag.

You won't win the flag this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2006 tainted by recreational drugs
1992/94 on the juice
2018 easy year, didn't have to beat Richmond (again)

Etc. Every premiership is knocked down a few pegs for one reason or another, but I'd still rather we win a flag that Dan26 is going to rate only the 83rd best of all time than not win said flag.

Also it annoys me when people say that our supporters are rabid morons. They are, but it's not like fans at every other ground around the country sit there and golf clap during games. I switch on the telly for a game at the MCG or Adelaide Oval and all you can hear through the effects mic is 'booooo' 'balllll' 'yesss' yet people lose their s**t like it's some WA phenomenon that skipped over Freo. Cool.

Not too phased by the flat track bully, can't win away stuff. When we weren't quite good enough our record was iffy but this year we improved and were undefeated in Melbourne, at the MCG and against the top 4. Can't do much more than that. People were still parroting it this year but that's just lazy reporting. 2011 and 2015 (our last two top 4 finishes) we weren't the best side. Geelong/Collingwood were a fair way ahead and then Hawthorn were 2/3 into a 3peat. This year was more even and we were genuinely a top 2 side.

You were the Vics first look at footy passion outside of Victoria and they couldn't understand it as they believed they had the mortgage on it, as you were louder it must have been for 'reasons'.
That stuck.

Hate being called the biggest club in the land by every person in the media. I like flying under the radar.

Not the club as a whole , but, the pres , Eddie . Yeah he has his own opinions but A lot of the time some of them are right on the money .
Have never heard an opposition supporter say they like him or can tolerate him. He is actually a bloody good bloke and extremely hard worker ., that’s how his got to where he is right now .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not the club as a whole , but, the pres , Eddie . Yeah he has his own opinions but A lot of the time some of them are right on the money .
Have never heard an opposition supporter say they like him or can tolerate him. He is actually a bloody good bloke and extremely hard worker ., that’s how his got to where he is right now .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I dont think that's entirely true. As president he's a very effective advocate for his club, and deserves respect. That's his job.

I've had reason to look into the way player misbehaviour has been managed under his leadership with guys like Heater and Keefe. Taking ownership and confronting the problem without disowning the players is the right path in my view, again respect.

As a commentator though, no respect at all. He was on FTA for the Brisbane game last year and was gloating over the Cameron-Andrews incident.

Feelings were so inflamed that our staff member Alson Zell had to leave the press box because of the comments being made. Not directly his but he was inciting it like Allan Jones during the Cronulla riots.

Leon commented on AFL officials disgraceful comments post match and that was who he was referring to. We get he doesn't like us but there are limits. The incident was always going to be addressed by the judiciary and was.

Your Chairman admitted it.

You were over a year or 2 before. And over a year or 2 after.

The idea that also being over that year as well isnt at least plausible if not likely is ridiculous.

Brown paper bags ruled at Carlton for the entire decade.
I’ve been waiting for proof of this for nearly 20 years and am still hanging.

That Richmond have had no injuries over the last two years, or if Richmond have had injuries they had been in no way comparable to anyone else's injuries. Moreover, that when (not if) we do have actual injuries or at the very least injuries comparable to any other club, we will undoubtedly crash in a burning heap. And then everyone will say "see they only won the 2017 premiership because they had no injuries".

You can't actually believe this, surely?
Well their talent scouts would have been watching interstate comps closely for talent to raid. At least in the latter stages of the VFL.

It's still nonsense in general though. I grew up watching the SA league live on TV. There was the Winners every week though from the VFL, and a lot of interest. I'm pretty sure there was no such broadcast of the SA or WA league into Victoria.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back