FTA-TV Australian Stranded (Survivor Online) - Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had an even better experience in the season just finished. Could probably be my last but damn it had some amazing ups and downs.

Cheers jorel for being a great host. Looking forward to lurking a few seasons now :)

I knew I forgot to do something. So just an update that Australian Stranded is now called Australian Survivor and the 16th season just concluded last Thursday. It was an All-Star season, hence no advertisement here.

Of the BigFooty crowd, Macca81 and Coxy_ both returned and THIS time BOTH made the DVD cover! Macca81 also won the host's MVP of the Season and Coxy_ was a firemaking tiebreaker challenge away from making the Final 3 but started his drinking early.

The results:

20 - Courtney (Pridey91)
19 - Marty (TheAlbu)
18 - Jaime (Mister_Ziggles)
17 - Candice (HotHotHot)
16 - Crystal (nachtspectre)
15 - JT (Christian)
14 - JP (comicstrip2000)
13 - Danni (Darcy)
12 - Natalie (Malnutrisha)
11 - Tom (Vlad)
10 - Becky (Willie)
09 - Cassandra (andytagle)
08 - Eliza (Macca81)
07 - James (FDR)
06 - Randy (Just_Believe)
05 - Ashley (kzonex)
04 - Rory (Coxy_)
03 - Ian (Razorwire)
02 - Jaison (Jaison)
01 - Holly (lovelynaivety)

Final vote was 4-4-1 with Ian then being a tiebreaker, crowning Holly as the winner (the Final 3 each voted for a winner before votes were final incase there was a tie, which there was, so lucky we do that :) ).

The aforementioned DVD cover:

UsVNuYa.png

SEASON OPENER INTRO:

MERGED TRIBE INTRO:

THE FINAL 3 INTRO:

Also, just a note that I have retired from hosting this. It's been a blast. If anyone is interested in playing, I can pass your details on to the main organisers. Or if you're up for it, I run my own game, called The Expendables, which is the same format - Survivor, but I use a different genre each season (first season was Tarantino film characters, second was superhero alter egos, third season was WWE stars from past and present, and my upcoming season in March will be badass bitches from action/sci-fi/thriller films).

But I recommend cutting your teeth on Australian Survivor first, as it's a newbie franchise and you'll be (mostly) playing against those of similar experience.

Bumping this for two reasons! First to confirm the results of our 17th season, which ran late last year and included returning contestants from all sixteen previous seasons:

QPCcaSF.png

20. Ethan (Macka)
19. Denise (AussieOriginal)
18. Dawson (Vocal Fry)
17. Dolly (Paparazzi)
16. Sandra (ModestyBlaiser)
15. Kim (hufus)
14. Erinn (spina)
13. Brenda (Shark Park)
12. Alexis (TheMuffinMan)
11. Jenna (TheGhost)

10. Cassandra (andytagle)
09. Rob (Waka)
08. Tom (Vlad)
07. Danni (Darcy)
06. Mami (Zesty66)
05. Andrea (Mikool)
04. Sugar (Chris25)
=02. James (for_death_and_ruin)
=02. Dreamz (Max)
01. Abi (Eri)

Bolded are players from this community. Next, I'm here to post this advertisement:

X82goDQ.png

Because after consecutive returning player seasons it is finally time for Australian Survivor to return with a new cast! We are currently recruiting sixteen new players for our 18th season, which will begin on Sunday February 5th and will run for three to four weeks.

The season will be run on Australian Daylight Saving Time or ADST, with events generally occurring between 8pm to 10pm. The format, of course, is Survivor. Sunday through Thursday there will be either a Challenge, Tribal Council or both as the game moves forward. These are optional and you can pre-vote for Tribal Councils, but obviously your challenge performance and attendance can directly affect your position in the game.

It is important to note that this game is ANONYMOUS or Closed-ID. You cannot reveal you are playing to anyone else. After you apply only the hosts will know your online identity until the game's completion. When playing, you will be given an alias of a real life Australian Survivor contestant to use throughout the game, and during the game it will be prohibited to give out identifying real life information.

This game will run on our private forum dedicated to it hosted by Proboards. You will get your link and login details on the day the game begins.

Previous alumni cannot play this season. Our aim is to have a cast with as little to no ORG experience as possible.

We're requesting all applicants to send us this survey as they make contact:

1. Which Survivor character (Australian or US) are you most like and why?

2. If you had to describe your approach in 3 words what would they be?

3. Do you think you can win?

4. What will be your biggest setback?

5. What Australian state are you from?

6. What sort of contestant would you prefer not to be assigned to play as?

7. In as much or as little detail as you prefer, what did you think of the 2016 season of Australian Survivor?

If you are interested in playing or have any questions about the game please do send me a private message! Be certain not to comment publicly, as this would compromise your anonymity before the season even begins. We always cast from numerous sources, with many of our most iconic contestants originating from BigFooty, so I look forward to getting interest from here.​

Played this twice and it was really fun. It is very time consuming if you want to do well though.
Only one time player here but same. If you want to do any good at it you have to dedicate a lot of time. Would love another go but do not have anywhere near enough time these days.

Bumping this for two reasons! First to confirm the results of our 17th season, which ran late last year and included returning contestants from all sixteen previous seasons:

QPCcaSF.png

20. Ethan (Macka)
19. Denise (AussieOriginal)
18. Dawson (Vocal Fry)
17. Dolly (Paparazzi)
16. Sandra (ModestyBlaiser)
15. Kim (hufus)
14. Erinn (spina)
13. Brenda (Shark Park)
12. Alexis (TheMuffinMan)
11. Jenna (TheGhost)

10. Cassandra (andytagle)
09. Rob (Waka)
08. Tom (Vlad)
07. Danni (Darcy)
06. Mami (Zesty66)
05. Andrea (Mikool)
04. Sugar (Chris25)
=02. James (for_death_and_ruin)
=02. Dreamz (Max)
01. Abi (Eri)

Bolded are players from this community. Next, I'm here to post this advertisement:

X82goDQ.png

Because after consecutive returning player seasons it is finally time for Australian Survivor to return with a new cast! We are currently recruiting sixteen new players for our 18th season, which will begin on Sunday February 5th and will run for three to four weeks.

The season will be run on Australian Daylight Saving Time or ADST, with events generally occurring between 8pm to 10pm. The format, of course, is Survivor. Sunday through Thursday there will be either a Challenge, Tribal Council or both as the game moves forward. These are optional and you can pre-vote for Tribal Councils, but obviously your challenge performance and attendance can directly affect your position in the game.

It is important to note that this game is ANONYMOUS or Closed-ID. You cannot reveal you are playing to anyone else. After you apply only the hosts will know your online identity until the game's completion. When playing, you will be given an alias of a real life Australian Survivor contestant to use throughout the game, and during the game it will be prohibited to give out identifying real life information.

This game will run on our private forum dedicated to it hosted by Proboards. You will get your link and login details on the day the game begins.

Previous alumni cannot play this season. Our aim is to have a cast with as little to no ORG experience as possible.

7. In as much or as little detail as you prefer, what did you think of the 2016 season of Australian Survivor?

If you are interested in playing or have any questions about the game please do send me a private message! Be certain not to comment publicly, as this would compromise your anonymity before the season even begins. We always cast from numerous sources, with many of our most iconic contestants originating from BigFooty, so I look forward to getting interest from here.​
What is your opinion on Xavier Richards deciding to play in the NEAFL after all that debacle?

Just for those who are worried about it being time consuming - it is and it isn't. Private Hudson and SugarShane both played in seasons where there were returning players, with PH being one himself the second time round. And both made the FTC as well.

But this season will be all new people who've never played before. So it will be what you make it. Returning players kinda amp things up a bit, but new players are fresh to the experience and it can be quite surreal. I was fortunate to debut in an all new player game, although a couple of people had previous experience, but the majority of the cast has no idea about what was happening. It made for a great experience. As far as I understand (I stepped down from hosting this), the hosts (who are very experienced, so you'll be in good hands) are looking for people who have zero experience in these sorts of games.

You can do well on your own time. Of course, you only get out what you put in, but don't feel it's a sentence to consume your life for a month. The balance is up to you. You may find it's something you never realised was for you. I did, after turning down several invitations.

Just for those who are worried about it being time consuming - it is and it isn't. Private Hudson and SugarShane both played in seasons where there were returning players, with PH being one himself the second time round. And both made the FTC as well.

But this season will be all new people who've never played before. So it will be what you make it. Returning players kinda amp things up a bit, but new players are fresh to the experience and it can be quite surreal. I was fortunate to debut in an all new player game, although a couple of people had previous experience, but the majority of the cast has no idea about what was happening. It made for a great experience. As far as I understand (I stepped down from hosting this), the hosts (who are very experienced, so you'll be in good hands) are looking for people who have zero experience in these sorts of games.

You can do well on your own time. Of course, you only get out what you put in, but don't feel it's a sentence to consume your life for a month. The balance is up to you. You may find it's something you never realised was for you. I did, after turning down several invitations.
Good call. I reckon my game would've been looked on a bit better if it was all new players in my season.

X82goDQ.png

This game was originally scheduled for earlier in the year, only we had to delay it for availability reasons. I've contacted those from here who were in the original cast and have got back confirmations from most. We do however still have plenty of space for new applicants!

The start-date is Sunday June 4th and the game will run for three to four weeks. The season will be run on Australian Eastern Standard Time or AEST, with events generally occurring between 8pm to 10pm. The format, of course, is Survivor. Sunday through Thursday there will be either a Challenge, Tribal Council or both as the game moves forward. These are optional and you can pre-vote for Tribal Councils, but obviously your challenge performance and attendance can directly affect your position in the game.

Note also that this series has always been intended as an entry point for Australian ORGers. Previous alumni cannot play this season. Our aim is to have a cast with as little to no ORG experience as possible, but we would take on those with more experience also.

If you are interested in playing or have any questions about the game please do send me a private message! Be certain not to comment publicly, as this would compromise your anonymity before the season even begins. We always cast from numerous sources, with many of our most iconic contestants originating from BigFooty, so I look forward to getting more interest from here.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UCQWObG.png

The 19th season of the Australian Survivor ORG series is now recruiting our next set of first-time players!

The start-date is Sunday 20th May and the game will run for three to four weeks. The season will be run on Australian Eastern Standard Time or AEST, with events generally occurring between 8pm to 10pm. The format, of course, is Survivor. Sunday through Thursday there will be either a Challenge, Tribal Council or both as the game moves forward. These are optional to attend and you can pre-vote for Tribal Councils, but obviously your challenge performance and attendance can directly affect your position in the game.

Previous alumni cannot play this season. Our aim is to have a cast with as little to no ORG experience as possible, but we would take on those with more experience also if necessary. Additionally, owing to a security breach in our most recent season, we're going to need all applicants to have a clear online presence to ensure their legitimacy.

7. In as much or as little detail as you prefer, what did you think of the 2017 season of Australian Survivor?

If you are interested in playing or have any questions about the game please do send me a private message! Be certain not to comment publicly, as this would compromise your anonymity before the season even begins. And anyone who has played before and would like to lurk can message me also.

We first started doing these in 2010 and all our seasons have involved players from BigFooty. Our 18th season had Morganashlee play as Phoebe and do very well to reach the Final 4, one of many successes over the years from here. It'll be good to see that success replicated once again.​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back