News Practice Game v Suns - Feb 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Never mind about this game its just a crappy pre season hit out. If we get pumped in our two proper pre season games I will be concerned.

Whats more interesting is the rumour going around about Nathan Buckley and his missus. I had a mate send me some gossip. Checked it out on Pies board and its the same info! Fair to say Bucks won't be a Melbourne Stars fan. Fun times ahead down at Pie land.

Some more gossip. Apparently Tom Bugg was forced to 'retire' as he went into the club database behind Carltons back to get access to members so he could distribute information to launch his 'business,' which will almost certainly fail. When facing delisting he just retired. He also rocked up to pre-season8kg overweight and no-one liked him.

Last edited:
Some more gossip. Apparently Tom Bugg was forced to 'retire' as he went into the club data base behind Carltons back to get access to members so he could distribute information to launch his 'business,' which will almost certainly fail. When facing delisting he just retired. He also rocked up 8kg overweight and no-one liked him.
Pretty sure if that happened we’d have heard about it Bugg would be facing criminal charges. With privacy laws as they are if this happened Carlin would have to report the breach to members and it would be all over the news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure if that happened we’d have heard about it Bugg would be facing criminal charges. With privacy laws as they are if this happened Carlin would have to report the breach to members and it would be all over the news.
You're correct but they apparently decided to not if he just retired.

The obligation to notify people about data breaches in Australia is limited to situations which the breach is "likely to result in serious harm". And I'm pretty sure organisations get to conduct a self-assessment as to whether they thinks that's the case.

I learnt very quickly my son is still too young to take to the footy. My god that was a pain in the arse afternoon. Was hoping to get him to the Anzac weekend q clash but it might have to wait till next year and try again.

Game was average but obviously just to get some minutes in some legs.

A few things from this afternoon.
Spoke to J Lyons after the game and said that was pretty average he agreed but also said no need to panic and they will be better for the run.

Sitting next to Fages was brilliant and he was giving clear direction to the players on the bench and coming on and off the ground.He is the man to take us forward over the next few years.

He wasnt happy with a few things such as going wide into our forward line."We have 3 200 cm blokes go to the top of the square"
Wanted us to take the game on with a inbound kick.Not the slow play around the boundary must have said this at least 1/2 a dozen times.
Coughing up the ball in close and releasing it instead of keeping it in, stray handballs etc.
The first two qtrs were pretty ordinary pressure wise when their was some heat in the game and G.C beat us pretty convincingly.
Last two qtrs we got to see some of our draftees.Really impressed with Ely at stoppages and Tom Joyce moves well.
Average game but no need to get to worried only first hit out and still a month till rd 1.
Any questions happy to answer if I can

Remove this Banner Ad

Back