Preview Round 1 2019, Collingwood vs Geelong, Friday March 22nd 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a little slow? I said that Guthrie has been ordinary. Feel free to search my posts over the last few years on him. His defensive pressure has been terrible.
Another making a mockery of people with mental disabilities. Shame.
Mea culpa.
You should have told us.
I promise not to mock you any more.

Have logged back in here after a long hiatus, mainly to say that the shitfight abour menegola and Guthrie is actually pathetic. People who are so certain that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Why come to a forum if you can’t actually consider someone else’s view? When all you want to do is tell others they’re wrong and shout at them? It’s ******* pathetic.

And let’s be honest. Guthrie’s a 1987 Ford Telstar, and menegola is a 1988 mitschubishi sigma. You’ll get in them and drive them if there’s no Other way to get to your girlfriends house, but you pray to God no one you know sees you driving them. Cod they’re both s**t. In my opinion.

On to the game at hand. The side I THINK THE SELECTORS WILL PICK (not who I’d pick)

B: Oconnor, Blicavs, Taylor
HB: Stewart, Henderson, Clark
C: Selwood, Kelly, parfitt
Hf: Ablett, Ratugolea, menegola
FF: Dahlhaus, Hawkins, Rohan
R: Smith, Dangerfield, Duncan
IB: Guthrie, constable, narkle, Henry
You have a girlfriend driving either one of those abominations of the automotive industry? Cool, it gives me some hope that there's women out there who aren't consumed by hypergamous intentions! Either that, or her Sexual Marketplace Value is no higher than a two. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's the latter, come to think of it.

Welcome back.
Is Smith a typo?
I'd love to see Smith up and about, but he's not.

As a side issue, could be fun to equate our players with cars....
I do that all the time when I think of players.
I see Selwood as a hilux.
Guthrie as a 90's Capri with the top down.
Danger as a Kawasaki ninja zx
Gazza as a Mercedes amg.

You have a girlfriend driving either one of those abominations of the automotive industry? Cool, it gives me some hope that there's women out there who aren't consumed by hypergamous intentions! Either that, or her Sexual Marketplace Value is no higher than a two. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's the latter, come to think of it.
I had a girlfriend with a Sigma and it always used to break down.
She was preety hot, but her mum gave it to her cause it was a piece of s**t.
Another chick I used to work with had one too, saw her on the side of the road a couple of times.

Geelong need early goals - not just for the scoreboard - but for their confidence - particularly there could be 5 new players . If Collingwood get the early goals - then it could go pear shape for the Cats - and in a big way - and quickly
Hopefully we win or at least take it up to them.
but might be a good thing if they win, that they spank us bigtime and for it to happen early in the season so we can get a reality check. These early tough games are a great forge and a barometer for the rest of the season. If we come up short then maybe some tough selection decisions can be made early giving the team some time to gel rather than the wishy washy unsettled approach we took into last years finals

Firstly. Menegola is not s**t.

Secondly. If we play O’Conner round one I will punch Scott in the throat.

Firstly is the violent rhetoric absolutely necessary?

Secondly you're going to be disappointed come selection time. There's absolutely no chance o'cconor is left out given that Bews and Tuohy won't be there.

Have logged back in here after a long hiatus, mainly to say that the shitfight abour menegola and Guthrie is actually pathetic. People who are so certain that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Why come to a forum if you can’t actually consider someone else’s view? When all you want to do is tell others they’re wrong and shout at them? It’s ******* pathetic.

And let’s be honest. Guthrie’s a 1987 Ford Telstar, and menegola is a 1988 mitschubishi sigma. You’ll get in them and drive them if there’s no Other way to get to your girlfriends house, but you pray to God no one you know sees you driving them. Cod they’re both s**t. In my opinion.

On to the game at hand. The side I THINK THE SELECTORS WILL PICK (not who I’d pick)

B: Oconnor, Blicavs, Taylor
HB: Stewart, Henderson, Clark
C: Selwood, Kelly, parfitt
Hf: Ablett, Ratugolea, menegola
FF: Dahlhaus, Hawkins, Rohan
R: Smith, Dangerfield, Duncan
IB: Guthrie, constable, narkle, Henry

CMIA ... Smith will not be playing he has an injury issue.

I had a girlfriend with a Sigma and it always used to break down.
She was preety hot, but her mum gave it to her cause it was a piece of s**t.
Another chick I used to work with had one too, saw her on the side of the road a couple of times.
They're puss buckets. 2.6L? They always overheat as the bores were too large/water jackets too small so the coolant couldn't circulate the bores sufficiently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome back, interesting point.

And then....

Fred. Key to My post is “in my opinion” and truthfully they’re not s**t, but neither are gonna win you a flag. In my opinion. I hope I’m wrong. But as many have pointed out, Menegola has shown repeatedly that when the pressure goes up, his ability to make good decisions with the bell and execute is non exisitent. And Guthrie has at times played at All australian levels, but his ability to turn up every week at that level is non exisistent. So yep, they’re afl players. At times good afl players. But abusing each other over who’s better is like arguing over a sigma vs a Telstra. You’d trade them both in in a heartbeat for anything else half decent.

Fred. Key to My post is “in my opinion” and truthfully they’re not s**t, but neither are gonna win you a flag. In my opinion. I hope I’m wrong. But as many have pointed out, Menegola has shown repeatedly that when the pressure goes up, his ability to make good decisions with the bell and execute is non exisitent. And Guthrie has at times played at All australian levels, but his ability to turn up every week at that level is non exisistent. So yep, they’re afl players. At times good afl players. But abusing each other over who’s better is like arguing over a sigma vs a Telstra. You’d trade them both in in a heartbeat for anything else half decent.

I guess what the question is ... whats half decent . If we could get a R2 for Guthrie ..would that be enough?

Yes, you said Taylor and Henderson give us run from defense. It actually shows what little idea you have about the game. Not sure I've ever seen Stewart push forward either ... or Clark for that matter.
You're just making a fool of yourself now mate.

I think we will win this game in an upset, and we match up well against them.

Pies will be without - Wells, DeGoey, Reid, Adams, WHE, Dunn... They are all best 22.

I think we will win this game in an upset, and we match up well against them.

Pies will be without - Wells, DeGoey, Reid, Adams, WHE, Dunn... They are all best 22.

Still looks pretty formidable - from the Collingwood forum where apparently DeGoey is a DeGoer:

B. Langdon ~ Roughead ~ Maynard
HB. Howe ~ Moore ~ Crisp
C. Sidebottom ~ Beams ~ Phillips
HF. Stephenson ~ De Goey ~ Varcoe
F. Elliott ~ Cox ~ Thomas
R. Grundy ~ Pendlebury (c) ~ Treloar
I. Mihocek ~ Mayne ~ Sier ~ Aish

Whilst their backline doesn't strike fear their mids look quality and the forward line looks a headach. Grundy will win the hitouts with a solid group of mids so there's a chance we get pumped in centre clearances. If that happens with the new rules we could be in for another 1000 posts on the sack Scotty thread.

Despite all the panicked bleating about how bad Cam apparently is, i don't think anyone is going to choose a speculative draft pick over him.
cmia would trade both for something half decent... these days R2 would qualify as that.... but lets not polute this thread with that.

Menegola and Guthrie will probably both get selected to play the Pies ..lets hope they both play like they are in our best 10 players

Still looks pretty formidable - from the Collingwood forum where apparently DeGoey is a DeGoer:

B. Langdon ~ Roughead ~ Maynard
HB. Howe ~ Moore ~ Crisp
C. Sidebottom ~ Beams ~ Phillips
HF. Stephenson ~ De Goey ~ Varcoe
F. Elliott ~ Cox ~ Thomas
R. Grundy ~ Pendlebury (c) ~ Treloar
I. Mihocek ~ Mayne ~ Sier ~ Aish

Whilst their backline doesn't strike fear their mids look quality and the forward line looks a headach. Grundy will win the hitouts with a solid group of mids so there's a chance we get pumped in centre clearances. If that happens with the new rules we could be in for another 1000 posts on the sack Scotty thread.
6-6-6 suits Pies better as their ruck is one of best in comp and their midfield is simply better at clearances than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back