Preview Round 1, 2019: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 24th March, 1:10PM AEDT *Parker, Wilkie & Kent Debut*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 83.1%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

So do you replace them with that are fit and ready to go?

If you're serious about answering it, look me up.
lol lol.

You asked which players shouldn't be picked based on pre-season form.

None of those guys had stand out pres-season form from what I can gather.

Who we could potentially replace them with is a different question and reflcets on our injuries and list quality.

Lol.

So do you replace them with that are fit and ready to go?

If you're serious about answering it, look me up.
Sometimes you just have to ignore some comments 66

Because a player doesn't play a JLT game he is not worthy of playing - I don't think so - Pierce has shown in match sim he is currently our best ruck.
McKenzie has produced his best ever preseason and if he has been playing on the wing during match sim , they have high expectations of the kid.
Bruce has shown he has the run and marking ability to open the forward line that we want.
Dunstan is our contested beast and has shown he wins a hard ball , which he is most probably better than any other option we have atm.
Steven could play on one leg and still be in our best 5 players.

The thing is , being a supporter you must have faith at times in who they select - to criticize before we have even play round one is stupid.

lol lol.

You asked which players shouldn't be picked based on pre-season form.

None of those guys had stand out pres-season form from what I can gather.

Who we could potentially replace them with is a different question and reflcets on our injuries and list quality.
So you go with best available. I'm glad we agree.

Sometimes you just have to ignore some comments 66

Because a player doesn't play a JLT game he is not worthy of playing - I don't think so
- Pierce has shown in match sim he is currently our best ruck.
McKenzie has produced his best ever preseason and if he has been playing on the wing during match sim , they have high expectations of the kid.
Bruce has shown he has the run and marking ability to open the forward line that we want.
Dunstan is our contested beast and has shown he wins a hard ball , which he is most probably better than any other option we have atm.
Steven could play on one leg and still be in our best 5 players.

The thing is , being a supporter you must have faith at times in who they select - to criticize before we have even play round one is stupid.
I think you missed the entire point of the exchange. :thumbsu:

So you go with best available. I'm glad we agree.
Close… I have Clark ahead of Long and probably Lonie for versatility… would also like Marshall in with a beast opposition ruckmen against Pierce with only 4 career games and fitness concerns.

Not sure why Coffield isn't in a better place to pressing for a game with so many defender injuries.

Couldn’t care less if we had a Saints BF 22 run out on Sunday - I’m stoked for the season opener and to see us run out....
At least with the above I could point them out for the kids:
That sarcastic bloke over there is Joffaboy,
That sad sack roaming up forward is Gringo
And that bloke on the boundary drawing those amazing pictures on the rotations board is Doc Spaceman...he’s the serious one

Couldn’t care less if we had a Saints BF 22 run out on Sunday - I’m stoked for the season opener and to see us run out....
At least with the above I could point them out for the kids:
That sarcastic bloke over there is Joffaboy,
That sad sack roaming up forward is Gringo
And that bloke on the boundary drawing those amazing pictures on the rotations board is Doc Spaceman...he’s the serious one

I'd punch myself in the head if we lost to GC.

I was bored so trauled stats & bios on the afl site. I first noticed player bios had been updated when I saw JDG was listed at 188cm. He was 191 prior to the update. So I naturally decided to check Saints players bios. All updated. Membrey now listed at 190 (from 188). Newnes 186 (from 184). Long 184 (181). Gresham 179 (177). Even noticed Armo had grown a couple extra cms to 185 (from 183). Meh whatever campaigners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was bored so trauled stats & bios on the afl site. I first noticed player bios had been updated when I saw JDG was listed at 188cm. He was 191 prior to the update. So I naturally decided to check Saints players bios. All updated. Membrey now listed at 190 (from 188). Newnes 186 (from 184). Long 184 (181). Gresham 179 (177). Even noticed Armo had grown a couple extra cms to 185 (from 183). Meh whatever campaigners
Unfortunately King has gone from 204 down to 202.

Hopefully he gets to debut before he reaches Lonie's height!

It took me half the day but I finally got through all the posts since the final team was selected. All I’ve learnt is that people melt over selections regardless of the selections themselves, and that Saint12 is really rude and disrespectful to George, the poor moderator :(

I like the team, I wanted Prospect and Clark to play but I don’t know who would miss out for them. Maybe Sinclair for Clark but like others have said, maybe Hunter isn’t ready for a full game mid yet.

St Kilda and proud.

I like the team tbh. Only change I’d make is Hunter for Sinclair. I like sincs, but I think Hunter needs to be playing every week and wing is the place for him at this stage. Would need to spend time on a flank as he won’t have the tank yet, but it’s whats best for his development in my eyes.

Coff should be at Sandy playing on ball. He’ll get stuff all time onball at afl level I recon, so best to have him do it in the twos. Would like to see him on a wing at afl level at some point this year though, I think that’s where he’ll play a lot of footy long term.

I’m one who would prefer Marshal rucking, but I’ve seen stuff all of pierce so will hold onto my judgment.

In my eyes, if Marshal isn’t rucking for st kilda he should ruck at Sandy. That’s the possition he has the most potential to become elite so that’s where he should be playing.

pretty much... its pathetic really. even ******* ross lyon is playing brayshaw and cerra.

Inconvenient...

Of all our recent top draft picks, not counting last year, only Acres, Clark, Coff and Paddy aren't playing.

One is cooked, one has been injured, one is unlucky, the other seems to have not done enough yet.

Otherwise, Billings, Gresh, Dunstan, Dmac are all playing... As is Battle. As is long... As are Two new debutants in Willkie and Parker who have zero games between them.

I like the team tbh. Only change I’d make is Hunter for Sinclair. I like sincs, but I think Hunter needs to be playing every week and wing is the place for him at this stage. Would need to spend time on a flank as he won’t have the tank yet, but it’s whats best for his development in my eyes.

Coff should be at Sandy playing on ball. He’ll get stuff all time onball at afl level I recon, so best to have him do it in the twos. Would like to see him on a wing at afl level at some point this year though, I think that’s where he’ll play a lot of footy.

I’m one who would prefer Marshal rucking, but I’ve seen stuff all of pierce so will hold onto my judgment.

In my eyes, if Marshal isn’t rucking for st kilda he should ruck at Sandy. That’s the possition he has the most potential to become elite so that’s where he should be playing.

Sandy’s lineup has Coff in the centre and Marshall as the ruck, so there ya go, your wish has been granted.

St Kilda and proud.

Lonie up to 175 fwiw.

King not listed. He’s shrunk that much he’s disappeared.
This is from the Saints site:

2m5y1hv.jpg

He's definitely de-heightening however may have put on some kgs.

Maybe he ends up a medium sized stocky player like Rene Kink or a late model Darren Jarman

Ha, yeah I did see that. More of a comment directed at the melting going on. Although, I pretty much skipped it all once I realised it was going to be an echo chamber

Our season is already in the shitter through bad luck mostly but the team selection for R1 is a joke. When I saw both Pierce and Marshall in the initial squad my heart sank because I knew Pierce would get the nod ahead of Marshall. Pierce is a severely limited plodder. Marshall may not have shown a lot to date but he has significantly more up side than Pierce. He must be getting games into him.
Furthermore Clark and Coffield simply must be played, no ifs and buts.
Even if we win, so what. Virtually nothing will have been achieved as far as the long term development of this team.
This selection policy may well turn out to be the beginning of the end for Richardson.

Watching Geelong win with great forward half pressure maybe we have got the right team. And I tipped the Cats! Don't like either of them, but hate Collingwood more....

But our smaller pressure men Lonie, Parker, Kent, Gresham, Long hunting both the ball and the man....could be good!!

In the intra club I thought he was our best tall and looked the classiest of the big men on the field. JLT 2 he looked excellent playing a full time ruck. I can see why they might be worried about him playing as the sole ruck though, he didn't have much to ruck against and Witts might give him a bath. Pierce is pretty meh as a ruck but he's massive these days. He's going to be able to be combative at least.

Can’t change it now
So Witts is a gun how many marks does he take ........answer not many
So Witts is mobile quick and kicks goals he doesn’t .

Really bugs me Rowan Marshall is as tall as Brodie Grundy , who is the prototype ruckman.

Poor decision by selection regardless of result we have 3 small forwards and 5 half back flankers in that team.

Annoyed me constantly last year you pick a team that covers all contingencies , so Pierce gets a knock
or a corkie , we then ruck our only effective tall forward.

Please don’t say Membrey is a tall he ain’t unless he grows 6cm by Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back