Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious under-rating of AB Snr who is a gun. Would love him in our midfield, not that that is going to happen.

Dont think Melbourne's 2nd would cut it because;
a) I think Melbourne will move up the ladder before seasons end
b) Even without moving up, it will be pushed out by 4 spots through NGA/FS with the way the Champs have gone.

Assuming Melbournes 1st is 5-7 and ours 10-12 is a first round swap and Melbourne's second (25ish) too much for a 23 yo winger of Langdon's ability?

Serious under-rating of AB Snr who is a gun. Would love him in our midfield, not that that is going to happen.

b) Even without moving up, it will be pushed out by 4 spots through NGA/FS with the way the Champs have gone.

Assuming Melbournes 1st is 5-7 and ours 10-12 is a first round swap and Melbourne's second (25ish) too much for a 23 yo winger of Langdon's ability?
First round swap and Melbourne's second would be way too much I think. Langdon is good, but not worth that price. Something more like Melbourne's 2nd + an extra 2020 pick around 3rd round (for bidding points next year) is probably fair, given that Langdon is arguably worth around a late 1st. That'd be say 2019 Pick 24 (785) + 2020 Pick 47 (347) which values him at 1132 points (between pick 14 and 15 in value)

Freo got triple premiership player Brad Hill for pick 23. I’m pretty confident our second will get it done.

First round swap and Melbourne's second would be way too much I think. Langdon is good, but not worth that price. Something more like Melbourne's 2nd + an extra 2020 pick around 3rd round (for bidding points next year) is probably fair, given that Langdon is arguably worth around a late 1st. That'd be say 2019 Pick 24 (785) + 2020 Pick 47 (347) which values him at 1132 points (between pick 14 and 15 in value)
Even if the drop is only 3-4 spots in the middle of the first round?

From what I understand its pretty even around that mark as well this year.
Freo got triple premiership player Brad Hill for pick 23. I’m pretty confident our second will get it done.
The number of premierships means very little in trade value.

I'm pretty confident you're 2nd would not get it done by itself

Even if the drop is only 3-4 spots in the middle of the first round?

From what I understand its pretty even around that mark as well this year.

The number of premierships means very little in trade value.

I'm pretty confident you're 2nd would not get it done by itself
If it's only a few spots, then not too bad. I'm running on the assumption that Freo is at least 6 or 7 spots higher, which makes the price a little steep. If Melbourne rises later in the year then it becomes a bigger possibility I reckon

If it's only a few spots, then not too bad. I'm running on the assumption that Freo is at least 6 or 7 spots higher, which makes the price a little steep. If Melbourne rises later in the year then it becomes a bigger possibility I reckon
Agreed, as it stands, there is no chance Melbourne would do it because top 3 picks are a different kettle of fish but I could easily see them moving up to 10-12 and we are a fair chance to finish 9 or 10 with the way our injuries are looking.

Getting that pick into the top 10 would help us with any possible trades around Kelly.

A few points.
1. Hawks used pick 23 with others picks to get O'Meara for unders. By trading with the Saints they forced the Suns hand.
2. That draft was a way better draft than this years.
3. WA only a two team town (Only one had a brother) vs 9 teams in Melbourne. Remember, Dangerfield went for unders as their only one team close to Moggs Creek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure he had less of the footy. But had over 8% less game time and was in a significantly better side. Played a nice role in a team that had a three peat. Had a few to compete with.
Agreed to disagree. Push comes to shove, you wouldnt do 25 and 6/7 into 10 for a 23 yo wingman averaging 25 touches a game?

Agreed to disagree. Push comes to shove, you wouldnt do 25 and 6/7 into 10 for a 23 yo wingman averaging 25 touches a game?
Reckon the second rounder alone should get it done. If we fly home and you guys fade out, then perhaps if it was only a couple picks difference we might do a swap. But I think we’ll end up with pick 5 maybe six. You guys looking at around 10-12 IMO. I agree that we’ll agree to disagree.

Yes we are pretty much expecting to get a steep price towards the higher end of his value range.

Think he may nominate Pies IF he leaves Freo, he is really close with his brother and there is a desire to play together.

Think he may nominate Pies IF he leaves Freo, he is really close with his brother and there is a desire to play together.

I dont really see why Collingwood need him even if they can afford him.

We do need more outside run. Sire, Adams, Beams grunt players.
Maynard should be that outside runner ala a Ben Johnson-type utility who covers the ground. He dares to take the game on and he's become a beautiful kick of the footy. He's built his tank and become a reliable defender but he has untapped potential as a line-breaking mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back