Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Kelly more likely go to eagles now, Eagles first round should be it.

We will want a lot more than pick 15 for Kelly so no. But this is the wrong thread for that conversation.

If he wants to come home this will get done for our second rounder and an upgrade of one of Freo's later picks. We're not going to compromise our first round draft position for a player that's not a need.

Or a future 1st. He may not be the player you need, but clubs don’t say no to quality young players who want in. He’s an upgrade on many in the best 22

Can we have Naughton instead? Haha.

Your 2nd this year would go close if it stays around 22. Maybe a later pick too
If we're talking realistic trades, something like Dogs 2nd (22) + One of our thirds (~43) in return for Langdon and Freo's 2020 3rd.

We have an abundance of mid-range picks, and need to shift some to next year to gain points for a couple of Academy/Father Son picks, while I'm expecting the club to fully trade out of the 1st round next year.

If we're talking realistic trades, something like Dogs 2nd (22) + One of our thirds (~43) in return for Langdon and Freo's 2020 4th

We have an abundance of mid-range picks, and need to shift some to next year to gain points for a couple of Academy/Father Son picks, while I'm expecting the club to fully trade out of the 1st round next year.

More like it.

If the AFL don't screw us on the NGA we have possibly 3 players available next year too

More like it.

If the AFL don't screw us on the NGA we have possibly 3 players available next year too
Ah ok, didn't realise that. With Freo's relevant picks this year being 11 and 29 currently, I'm just not sure how the trade is balanced out otherwise, since they may not be willing to part with a future 3rd if they need the points.

Other possibility is that with Logue out of contract, he's exactly the type of player the Dogs need. WA kid and Freo would view him as extremely important, but if the Dogs were theoretically able to convince him to request a trade, a bundle of Langdon + Logue would bring the Dogs 1st rounder into the equation, even something like Pick 4 + Pick 40 + Pick 44 in return for Langdon + Logue + Pick 29.

Not sure if I'm really valuing Logue correctly there. I really rate the bloke and think he could be fantastic in a couple years time. Probably a pipe dream though

Ah ok, didn't realise that. With Freo's relevant picks this year being 11 and 29 currently, I'm just not sure how the trade is balanced out otherwise, since they may not be willing to part with a future 3rd if they need the points.

Other possibility is that with Logue out of contract, he's exactly the type of player the Dogs need. WA kid and Freo would view him as extremely important, but if the Dogs were theoretically able to convince him to request a trade, a bundle of Langdon + Logue would bring the Dogs 1st rounder into the equation, even something like Pick 4 + Pick 40 + Pick 44 in return for Langdon + Logue + Pick 29.

Not sure if I'm really valuing Logue correctly there. I really rate the bloke and think he could be fantastic in a couple years time. Probably a pipe dream though

For that to happen Naughton is there not 4 :cool:
We have Western and the Walker twins as possibles next year, with Kobe Farmer as a possible FS soon too

Logue won’t be going anywhere, he hasn’t signed due to injury last couple years etc. now he’s up and about I think he’d be in talks to sign soon.

Always tricky with points, but Freo and Dogs usually trade pretty easily together (Crozier Hamling etc) so doubt they’d be too difficult

Logue won’t be going anywhere, he hasn’t signed due to injury last couple years etc. now he’s up and about I think he’d be in talks to sign soon.

Always tricky with points, but Freo and Dogs usually trade pretty easily together (Crozier Hamling etc) so doubt they’d be too difficult
Yeah Logue looks extremely unlikely, just would be nice to get if at all possible, but I highly doubt he is still out of contract when it comes to trade time.

And yeah, I'm glad the Dogs and Freo have established a good relationship lately. Means I'm confident a fair deal would happen if Langdon was to head to the Dogs

Can't see Ed Langdon being a good fit at Collingwood besides having his brother play alongside him. He's much like Phillips in being able to run all game but not exactly having a great deal of pace. He's also great in the air like Phillips. We still have Sidebottom and Mayne who are wingmen in the best 22 with Aish, Daicos and such pushing. He's a really good player but he's not going to offer a whole lot that we don't already have.

He’s one of the quickest in our team...

Some of his chase down tackles over 30-40m where he makes up 10-15m are amazing.

Not sure you watch Freo too often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I vote for pure pie in the sky and stuff - Brayshaw for Langdon and first round pick swap. Brayshaw brothers to lead Freo to the promise land.
You want us to downgrade our first rounder and give you Brayshaw? What?

You want us to downgrade our first rounder and give you Brayshaw? What?
I had a mindset that we trade our superior round 1 pick to you, and thereby downgrade ourselves. With Brayshaw and Langdon swapping. However I respectfully forgot we're going to finish way higher than you guys on the ladder so my dreamland scenario is just a dream.

I had a mindset that we trade our superior round 1 pick to you, and thereby downgrade ourselves. With Brayshaw and Langdon swapping. However I respectfully forgot we're going to finish way higher than you guys on the ladder so my dreamland scenario is just a dream.
I don't think it's impossible that we finish higher or equal to you, but not particularly likely. And even if we did finish above you at this stage it would only be by one or two spots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back