Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Pierce at Frankston, there was only about 2 games last year where Frankston wasn't either playing at the same time as Sandy or the Seniors or the Senior team was training that morning, and one of them was the week of the bye where Richo stayed up on the Gold Coast.
People having a go at Richo for not watching Frankston, to see the third string ruckman, are kidding themselves.
Also I'm sure there would of been tapes he watched from Skrobalak who combined his role at the Saints in 2018 with senior coaching responsibilities at the Dolphins.

I'll give you the first five, but the rest? I doubt any of them have improved significantly. Parker and Willie are in there first year. Time would tell if they were to be Chobotted.

As for Pierce, he has been completely mismanaged. Right from the start. Promising debut and then nothing for two years. Somebody on here posted that Chobot had not even bothered to watch him in his year at Frankston, where he did well. Outstanding coaching.

If only five, or even 10 players have made significant progress under your coaching, it speaks volumes. Has taken us back to the starting point as a team and club when He began . 15-16th awaits.

And sack Chobot.

Pierce seriously? I wont say why do I bother because its actually funny. Chobot? Thats funny. Not. Anyway he is gone. And somebody on here posted said Richo didnt watch him at Frankston. If thats how you work out facts no wonder its funny.

funny thing is maybe it was necessary. maybe we had to walk away for all forms of government to move in and back the development of moorabbin.

sometimes you just have to walk away and wait for the environment to change.

I can assure you it wasn't necessary. it was pathetic over 4 or so poker machines and not being able to move 200 metres up the road.

I've recently lowered my best time for 5km run from 25 minutes to 21. I'm still s**thouse compared to good athletes in my age group. Which is my point. I've improved but would improve more with a good trainer and more motivation.

Forgot Battle, but you're stretching it with the others. Nice cherry picking with Bwooce. How many times has he kicked 6 in a game? Kicked more than 50 in 2015. Gone nowhere near bettering that in the past 4 years, although he is excused for last year. Hardly improving. In fact, plenty in here want him traded before he loses all trade value.

Sinclair is as disappointing as Acres. Looked to be a star in the making early. Looks to be out of form and a tad disinterested. One of the few elite kicks we have, his failure to progress is as disappointing as it is puzzling.

Membrey, Bruce and Sinclair all showed enormous promise early. They have not gone to the next level. GOPs.

As for Pierce, of course Chobot should've made time to at least show an interest and provide some encouragement.

Similar treatment cost us Tom Lynch through RTB. Couldn't stand the boy from the start, expressed that in writing to John Peake and largely ignored the kid. Tom could've worked harder, it's true, but good coaches find the keys to what motivates a variety of individuals.

We'll see once he's gone. There are just too many players with talent who have hardly progressed under the Chobot. A very poor body of work is his legacy.
Richo's no good and therefore player X,Y, Z would have been better with another coach.

Sorry but expressing untestable assumptions and then presenting them as "facts" doesn't count in the world I live in (although I will admit its all the rage on the internet)

If Richo was really that bad at developing players there would be a conga line of ex players de- listed by the Saints now playing good football at other clubs.

That would be actual evidence that Richo cannot develop players. There isn't.

As an example - under the spectacularly fantastic development skills of Clarkson, you'd expect to see Darren Minchington playing good football for Hawthorn. Hasn't played seniors and he's barely made an impact in his games with Box Hill. So much for Clarkson and his superior development skills (insert ironic emoji here)

Mav under Dimma?

Goddard under Bolton/Teague?

I think the issue with many of the players you mention above is exactly the same as you and your running - its great that you're improved, but I can't see you ever matching the 12.37 world record.

Will that be due to poor coaching (or your lack of motivation) or is it that you have purely reached your upper limit of your talent?

Pierce seriously? I wont say why do I bother because its actually funny. Chobot? Thats funny. Not. Anyway he is gone. And somebody on here posted said Richo didnt watch him at Frankston. If thats how you work out facts no wonder its funny.
I thought you couldn't be bothered replying to me? I knew you Couldn't resist my charms my little stalker. Anyhoo, you still have mentioned the players who've improved significantly under Richo.

"Is this the right room for an argument? "
"I told you once! "
"No you didn't. "
"Yes did. I did so. "
"You most certainly did not. "
And so on and so forth............. 😀
Richo's no good and therefore player X,Y, Z would have been better with another coach.

Sorry but expressing untestable assumptions and then presenting them as "facts" doesn't count in the world I live in (although I will admit its all the rage on the internet)

If Richo was really that bad at developing players there would be a conga line of ex players de- listed by the Saints now playing good football at other clubs.

That would be actual evidence that Richo cannot develop players. There isn't.

As an example - under the spectacularly fantastic development skills of Clarkson, you'd expect to see Darren Minchington playing good football for Hawthorn. Hasn't played seniors and he's barely made an impact in his games with Box Hill. So much for Clarkson and his superior development skills (insert ironic emoji here)

Mav under Dimma?

Goddard under Bolton/Teague?

I think the issue with many of the players you mention above is exactly the same as you and your running - its great that you're improved, but I can't see you ever matching the 12.37 world record.

Will that be due to poor coaching (or your lack of motivation) or is it that you have purely reached your upper limit of your talent?
In answer to the last, all three, which is part of my point. The only way i could be competitive is to turn my biological clock back 30 years. Apart from that I just wasn't anywhere near good enough. Masters Games times are still well out of realistic reach for my age group.

We do have a poor record in player develop since GT got dumped.

Players who've left in that time and are doing well elsewhere include Ben McEvoy, Rhys Stanley, Tom Lynch, Jamie Cripps, Hutchings and Tom Hickey. Goddard debuts for Carlton this week. Top club's like Richmond and Hawthorn saw fit to grab players they obviously thought were of value in Weller and Minchington.

I know all the failures weren't Chobot's doing or fault. I can't help wondering what some of our discards would have achieved under different coaching regimes at the beginning of their careers. I fear for blokes like Coffield, Long, Phillips, Paton and White. All have signs of Chobotis.

The evidence for Chobot's incompetence is plain to see. 6 years will see 4 bottom finishes, an 11th and a 9th. That I'd a disgraceful record no other club would, not has, ever tolerated. I would have thought Chobot's record is empirical evidence of his inability to do the job well, not just mere correlation as you seem to be implying.

Although there are many variables, the buck ultimately stops with the Head Coach. That's why the job pays north of $700K in most instances.

I've recently lowered my best time for 5km run from 25 minutes to 21. I'm still s**thouse compared to good athletes in my age group. Which is my point. I've improved but would improve more with a good trainer and more motivation.

Forgot Battle, but you're stretching it with the others. Nice cherry picking with Bwooce. How many times has he kicked 6 in a game? Kicked more than 50 in 2015. Gone nowhere near bettering that in the past 4 years, although he is excused for last year. Hardly improving. In fact, plenty in here want him traded before he loses all trade value.

Sinclair is as disappointing as Acres. Looked to be a star in the making early. Looks to be out of form and a tad disinterested. One of the few elite kicks we have, his failure to progress is as disappointing as it is puzzling.

Membrey, Bruce and Sinclair all showed enormous promise early. They have not gone to the next level. GOPs.

As for Pierce, of course Chobot should've made time to at least show an interest and provide some encouragement.

Similar treatment cost us Tom Lynch through RTB. Couldn't stand the boy from the start, expressed that in writing to John Peake and largely ignored the kid. Tom could've worked harder, it's true, but good coaches find the keys to what motivates a variety of individuals.

We'll see once he's gone. There are just too many players with talent who have hardly progressed under the Chobot. A very poor body of work is his legacy.
So you don’t richo but now you also don’t rate Lyon. Have you actually thought it maybe the players fault or the recruiters for picking that player. I always laugh about lynch. He played pretty the same amount of games in his first season at Adelaide as he did in his last at the saints. Why didn’t their coach motivate him in his first year. Lynch has even said it was all his fault and it took him till his second year at Adelaide to work it out. And you know development is not handled by the coach apart from on field. Some players benefit from playing mainly seconds early and some benefit from playing mainly ones.

I thought you couldn't be bothered replying to me? I knew you Couldn't resist my charms my little stalker. Anyhoo, you still have mentioned the players who've improved significantly under Richo.

"I told you once! "
"No you didn't. "
"Yes did. I did so. "

In answer to the last, all three, which is part of my point. The only way i could be competitive is to turn my biological clock back 30 years. Apart from that I just wasn't anywhere near good enough. Masters Games times are still well out of realistic reach for my age group.

Players who've left in that time and are doing well elsewhere include Ben McEvoy, Rhys Stanley, Tom Lynch, Jamie Cripps, Hutchings and Tom Hickey. Goddard debuts for Carlton this week. Top club's like Richmond and Hawthorn saw fit to grab players they obviously thought were of value in Weller and Minchington.

I know all the failures weren't Chobot's doing or fault. I can't help wondering what some of our discards would have achieved under different coaching regimes at the beginning of their careers. I fear for blokes like Coffield, Long, Phillips, Paton and White. All have signs of Chobotis.

The evidence for Chobot's incompetence is plain to see. 6 years will see 4 bottom finishes, an 11th and a 9th. That I'd a disgraceful record no other club would, not has, ever tolerated.

Although there are many variables, the buck ultimately stops with the Head Coach. That's why the job pays north of $700K in most instances.

QUOTE="plugger66, post: 61759454, member: 108665"]
I thought you couldn't be bothered replying to me? I knew you Couldn't resist my charms.

Anyhoo, you still have mentioned the players who've improved significantly under Richo. And thanks for expressing your respect and admiration for my posts by always replying to them, even when you don't want to.

"I told you once! "
"No you didn't. "
"Yes did. I did so. "
[/QUOTE]
Was my post that good you repeated it. Thank you. Yes last night I couldn’t be bothered. New day new fun. And it is funny. Improved Nearly every player from another club from their previous form at that club so there is four or five. Reckon Marshall goes ok. May even win the b and f.

As pointed out where are all of our delisted players at other clubs. If you think richo has been no good for our players then surely 17 other clubs should think the same. Why don’t they pick up those delisted players and improve them. Not many on your list who are at other clubs are from the richo era. Maybe it suggests we recruited badly in the last 10 or so years which you have said many tines. Now it doesn’t suit you.

"I told you once! "
"No you didn't. "
"Yes did. I did so. "

The evidence for Chobot's incompetence is plain to see. 6 years will see 4 bottom finishes, an 11th and a 9th. That I'd a disgraceful record no other club would, not has, ever tolerated. I would have thought Chobot's record is empirical evidence of his inability to do the job well, not just mere correlation as you seem to be implying.

Lynch was under Lyon.

Stanley left ages ago.

Crisps was never staying.

Stanley, when did he get traded out, and Big Boy?

I'll give you Hickey, but Minch and Weller or Goddard?

Sorry mate but you're so far off track I might call you Mike Leyland.

ok a few things ....
firstly lets not forget that Richo is a person ... he has worked his butt off for the past 6 years to deliver us the one thing we all want .. he hasnt been successful at getting us that and ultimately its likely to cost him his job .. lets perhaps have a little bit of respect for the bloke to say he hasnt tried hard to make us a better club would be false.. remember when he came to our club we were hurting big time and for all his faults he did the team thing by playing the kids and getting experiance into them so we could see who had potential and who didnt.. it would have been easy for him to fill our team at that time with average older guys to pinch a couple of cheapy wins but he didnt he followed the path and blooded more players in his coaching time than any of our previous coaches.. to place all the blame on him i think is misguided, he wasnt a terrible coach he just isnt a great coach and with the team we have anything short of a great coach wasnt going to cut it and thats without taking into account the unforseen roadblocks put in his path to be successful .. i think its poor form fo us to be celebrating his pending sacking for all his failings as a coach for us he has also been a great promoter of our club he has towed the club party line he has respectfully seen out the retirment of some great club legends giving them the respect they have deserved , he has always had time for the members and fans and his relationship with the players has been strong enough to see every player we have wanted to keep stay with the club ...
so i get his time has come and his sacking will lead to an appointment of a coach who can deliver what we all want .. but insted of calling him childish (and not very witty to be honest) names maybe we should just say thanks for your service to our club Richo..

ok a few things ....
firstly lets not forget that Richo is a person ... he has worked his butt off for the past 6 years to deliver us the one thing we all want .. he hasnt been successful at getting us that and ultimately its likely to cost him his job .. lets perhaps have a little bit of respect for the bloke to say he hasnt tried hard to make us a better club would be false.. remember when he came to our club we were hurting big time and for all his faults he did the team thing by playing the kids and getting experiance into them so we could see who had potential and who didnt.. it would have been easy for him to fill our team at that time with average older guys to pinch a couple of cheapy wins but he didnt he followed the path and blooded more players in his coaching time than any of our previous coaches.. to place all the blame on him i think is misguided, he wasnt a terrible coach he just isnt a great coach and with the team we have anything short of a great coach wasnt going to cut it and thats without taking into account the unforseen roadblocks put in his path to be successful .. i think its poor form fo us to be celebrating his pending sacking for all his failings as a coach for us he has also been a great promoter of our club he has towed the club party line he has respectfully seen out the retirment of some great club legends giving them the respect they have deserved , he has always had time for the members and fans and his relationship with the players has been strong enough to see every player we have wanted to keep stay with the club ...
so i get his time has come and his sacking will lead to an appointment of a coach who can deliver what we all want .. but insted of calling him childish (and not very witty to be honest) names maybe we should just say thanks for your service to our club Richo..
I wont dance on grave but will be more than happy when gone, should have been moved on after the good friday game last year
Thank him for his service nah out of depth his whole time has set the club back years and thought he was to good to be interviewed for the job Please

I was just thinking the same. Why did I bother? I don't know. Another Monty Python Style argument sketch from you. Cheers.

He's having a better year than last. Second round is stretching it, but not impossible if he finishes the year we'll.

I've questioned Ratten's performance given our inability to score, however he's been there for less than a year, so give him a break. After all he works for Chobot and that can't be easy. It would be interesting if Chobot gets sacked and Ratts is given 4-5 games to show off his wares as the main man, to see if there is a difference. I bet it there would be, Teague and Shaw style.

And sack Chobot.

With respect Ratten’s training drills involved around Bruce , Mc Cartin , Membrey when Bruce had a breather
Marshall was the deepest target for high ball , when they practiced taking the ball from backline with
quick kicks to outlets on the wings Bruce was tall on the wing and Membrey for over the back transition.

Preseason.

Keep repeating myself seen a few coaches in my time , up close Ratten is sensational at instructional
positioning of how players should be moving the ball , my issue is personnel behind the ball some
examples are Hind was used exclusively behind the ball by chance exactly the same way Caleb Daniel
is being used , short kicks , run overlap getting through zones to guys out the back .
Webster featured but has got injured .
Battle featured too hence why playing back for mine reeks of Ratten’s experience at Hawthorn having
player with good kicking skills .
Little doubt been killed by injuries this year has hurt progress.

Ratten for mine great option , but Scott was very innovative also don’t think North were anything special
personnel wise once Waite was out either injured or reported .

Interestingly today they had match practice with Leigh Fisher umpiring .

Lot of people around club today, admin was area crazy .
In passing was interesting seeing Dean Rioli in foyer last week .

I wont dance on grave but will be more than happy when gone, should have been moved on after the good friday game last year
Thank him for his service nah out of depth his whole time has set the club back years and thought he was to good to be interviewed for the job Please

Yup you’ve outstayed your welcome, most wanted you gone 12 months ago. The club has lost its soul & identity throughout your tenure, you are leaving us as a nothing club only alive to fill up games for the tv rights deal & no more. Please just go now we are completely over you as coach. Thanks & good riddance Richo.

OOGaeSf.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup you’ve outstayed your welcome, most wanted you gone 12 months ago. The club has lost its soul & identity throughout your tenure, you are leaving us as a nothing club only alive to fill up games for the tv rights deal & no more. Please just go now we are completely over you as coach. Thanks & good riddance Richo.
As a supporter thats how i feel about the club at the minute, this will take 3 - 5 years to reset and get on track again we are so far off where we should be after 5 - 6 years of a rebuild.

17th to 15th next year at best

As a supporter thats how i feel about the club at the minute, this will take 3 - 5 years to reset and get on track again we are so far off where we should be after 5 - 6 years of a rebuild.

17th to 15th next year at best

As supporters we live in hope. We can only hope a new coach brings with it a new mindset for the playing group. I look at the Blues & North & under different leadership both are completely different teams.

With respect Ratten’s training drills involved around Bruce , Mc Cartin , Membrey when Bruce had a breather
Marshall was the deepest target for high ball , when they practiced taking the ball from backline with
quick kicks to outlets on the wings Bruce was tall on the wing and Membrey for over the back transition.

Preseason.

Keep repeating myself seen a few coaches in my time , up close Ratten is sensational at instructional
positioning of how players should be moving the ball , my issue is personnel behind the ball some
examples are Hind was used exclusively behind the ball by chance exactly the same way Caleb Daniel
is being used , short kicks , run overlap getting through zones to guys out the back .
Webster featured but has got injured .
Battle featured too hence why playing back for mine reeks of Ratten’s experience at Hawthorn having
player with good kicking skills .
Little doubt been killed by injuries this year has hurt progress.

Ratten for mine great option , but Scott was very innovative also don’t think North were anything special
personnel wise once Waite was out either injured or reported .

Interestingly today they had match practice with Leigh Fisher umpiring .

Lot of people around club today, admin was area crazy .
In passing was interesting seeing Dean Rioli in foyer last week .

Are you sure it's not Lovett-Murray that was at the club? He seemed to be working very closely with the coaches in the intraclub and have seen him there since.

The thing is it’s not his fault. He didn’t pick himself I never get the point of having a go at the coach if he isn’t up to it unless he deliberately tried to lose. How many players do we say good riddance to. Not many. Well I hope not. They are doing the best they can. So if he. The clubs fault not his.

Can anyone help me out?

I've seen a few people comment that Richo refused to be interviewed by us but still got the job. And that is so St Kilda. Can someone please provide a link where it says he refused to be interviewed. That's not how I remember it nor how it was reported at the time.

Richo refused to apply for the job full stop because of his position at Port Adelaide. That is a sign of integrity, not arrogance.

We continued to pursue him and he changed his mind and said he was interested in the job and then it appears we told his manager the job was his.

Richardson initially declined to be interviewed for the position, but St Kilda was persistent in pursuit of the 48-year-old.

He threw his hat into the ring after speaking with Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley and chief executive Keith Thomas.

"I had spoken to St Kilda a couple of weeks earlier and mentioned that it's something that unfortunately I can't do at this stage given my commitment at Port Adelaide," Richardson said.

"Then as things unfolded, on Tuesday night my manager rang and said they're ready to go, in terms of presenting to the board.

ok a few things ....
Some serious man love for you right now.

Well said mate. Well said.

Are you sure it's not Lovett-Murray that was at the club? He seemed to be working very closely with the coaches in the intraclub and have seen him there since.

Yes mate definitely Dean Rioli there last week .

Keep saying this also RSEA is a pleasure to go watch training at , it’s a fantastic facility .

Paddy was at training today on sidelines lost some weight , but appeared in better mindset than last time
saw him wish him all the best.

Classy.

Can anyone help me out?

I've seen a few people comment that Richo refused to be interviewed by us but still got the job. And that is so St Kilda. Can someone please provide a link where it says he refused to be interviewed. That's not how I remember it nor how it was reported at the time.

Richo refused to apply for the job full stop because of his position at Port Adelaide. That is a sign of integrity, not arrogance.

We continued to pursue him and he changed his mind and said he was interested in the job and then it appears we told his manager the job was his.

Richardson initially declined to be interviewed for the position, but St Kilda was persistent in pursuit of the 48-year-old.

He threw his hat into the ring after speaking with Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley and chief executive Keith Thomas.

"I had spoken to St Kilda a couple of weeks earlier and mentioned that it's something that unfortunately I can't do at this stage given my commitment at Port Adelaide," Richardson said.

"Then as things unfolded, on Tuesday night my manager rang and said they're ready to go, in terms of presenting to the board.
Yes strange how crap becomes fact if you repeat often enough. The thing we now he going yet we still knock the crap out of him. Wish someone could explain the point of that. Seems like internet hero stuff to me.

The thing is it’s not his fault. He didn’t pick himself I never get the point of having a go at the coach if he isn’t up to it unless he deliberately tried to lose. How many players do we say good riddance to. Not many. Well I hope not. They are doing the best they can. So if he. The clubs fault not his.

I didn’t say it’s his fault, I said I want him gone & speaking to a lot of supporters they feel the same way. Not attacking him personally only him as a worker or staff member of the club I support, which imo has become soulless over his tenure (my opinion). I don’t think he would give a shite what some random on the internet thinks anyway & if he does he needs a job that keeps him out of the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back