Opinion 2020 Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Current structure is terrible, watching this live crap week in week out had become to much.

Can't go to Elliot 1 on 1 he is a shell of the player from 2 years ago.

Firstly we really need to look at some Indigenous players with speed to bring in through the draft for our forward line, enough is enough, how can the Eagles have Ryan, Cameron, Rioli.

We were all about defensive pressure last year Elliot and Cox I'm sorry but won't be needed.

Mayne Miocheck DeGoey
Papley Stephenson WHE

Pies need to go after Papley and Brad Hill these two players alone would make huge changes to our team dynamic

Trade
Elliot
Thomas
Sharenberg

Delist
Crocker
Wells
Broomhead
Varcoe
Magden
Reid

Trade/Sign
Papley
Hill

Last edited:

Retire: Dunn, Goldsack, Reid, Wells, Varcoe
Delist: Wills (sign to VFL team), Madgen, Crocker, Broomhead

Not sure on Murray situation.

Daicos and Appleby on the precipice and need to prove something.

Haven’t watched enough Tohill to be able to judge.

Current structure is terrible, watching this live crap week in week out had become to much.

Firstly we really need to look at some Indigenous players with speed to bring in through the draft for our forward line, enough is enough, how can the Eagles have Ryan, Cameron, Rioli.

We were all about defensive pressure last year Elliot and Cox I'm sorry but won't be needed.

Mayne Miocheck DeGoey
Papley Stephenson WHE

Pies need to go after Papley and Brad Hill these two players alone would make huge changes to our team dynamic

Trade
Elliot
Thomas
Sharenberg

Delist
Crocker
Wells
Broomhead

Trade/Sign
Papley
Hill

No.

No.

Um, no.

Trade Scharanberg

Dave you have no clue about footy all your good for is making a thread for a drafted player with no info.

You bag Treloar weekly but are obsessed with this bloke who has done absolutely nothing, slow boring footballer who is living of being a top 10 pick.

Mayne Miocheck DeGoey
Papley Stephenson WHE

Trade
Elliot
Thomas
Sharenberg

Delist
Crocker
Wells
Broomhead
Varcoe
Magden
Reid

Trade/Sign
Papley
Hill
Agreed.
Also delist Goldsack.

Dangle a juicier carrot and also trade Phillips.

Throw the kitchen sink at Jeremy Cameron.
Richmond got Lynch, look at them now.
Cats have Hawkins.
Eagles have Kennedy/Darling.

YOU NEED PROPER KEY FORWARDS TO KICK GOALS AND WIN A FLAG... not spuds to “create a contest”.

Retire: Dunn, Goldsack, Reid, Wells, Varcoe
Delist: Wills (sign to VFL team), Madgen, Crocker, Broomhead

Not sure on Murray situation.

Daicos and Appleby on the precipice and need to prove something.

Haven’t watched enough Tohill to be able to judge.

Murray atleast would provide some run and dash.

I'd like to suggest a change, that the thread title be altered to: '2020 Vision'.

Beyond that I have no meaningful contribution to make. Thanks.

I'm ok with that

• Jayden Stephenson Off:
  • Jordyn DeGoey Lyndon Dunn
  • John Noble Ben Reid
  • Brody Grundy Daniel Wells
  • Jamie Elliot Sam Murray
  • Tyson Goldsack* Rupert Wills
  • Adam Treloar Ben Crocker
  • Tom Langdon
  • Brody Mihocek
  • Scott Pendlebury
  • Dayne Beams
  • Matthew Scharenburg*
  • Taylor Adams
  • James Aish
  • Max Lynch
  • Chris Mayne
  • Callum Brown
  • Travis Varcoe*
  • Levi Greenwood*
  • Tom Wilson
  • Tom Phillips
  • Steele Sidebottom
  • Jordan Roughead
  • Josh Thomas
  • Jack Crisp
  • Josh Daicos
  • Will Kelly
  • Nathan Murphy
  • Tim Broomhead*
  • Darcy Moore
  • Flynn Appleby*
  • Will Hoskin-Elliott
  • Isaac Quaynor
  • Tyler Brown
  • Key Position Player
  • Brayden Sier
  • Braydon Maynard
  • Jeremy Howe
  • Outside Mid (speed)
  • Atu Bosenavulagi
  • Mark Keane
43. Anton Tohill*
44. Jack Magden
45. Key Position Player
46. Mason Cox

There are 7 players with asterix's. I think we should only keep 3 of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about the coaching dept?
Seeya later Sanderson. This ain’t a boy’s club for best mates... our forward line has been bland and predictable all year.
Here’s your gold pen, Harvey. Thanks for your services... our midfield of “stars” simply isn’t delivering.
In comes Sam Mitchell. Another sh*# year from you Bucks and multiple Premiership Mitchell takes over.
Blake “Golden Touch” Caracalla also comes in...
Whoever has been in list management for more than 3 years... bye bye... thanks for the decaying mess of injury-prone geriatrics.
.... what a thorough waste of a year 2019 was...

• Jayden Stephenson Off:
  • Jordyn DeGoey Lyndon Dunn
  • John Noble Ben Reid
  • Brody Grundy Daniel Wells
  • Jamie Elliot Sam Murray
  • Tyson Goldsack* Rupert Wills
  • Adam Treloar Ben Crocker
  • Tom Langdon
  • Brody Mihocek
  • Scott Pendlebury
  • Dayne Beams
  • Matthew Scharenburg*
  • Taylor Adams
  • James Aish
  • Max Lynch
  • Chris Mayne
  • Callum Brown
  • Travis Varcoe*
  • Levi Greenwood*
  • Tom Wilson
  • Tom Phillips
  • Steele Sidebottom
  • Jordan Roughead
  • Josh Thomas
  • Jack Crisp
  • Josh Daicos
  • Will Kelly
  • Nathan Murphy
  • Tim Broomhead*
  • Darcy Moore
  • Flynn Appleby*
  • Will Hoskin-Elliott
  • Isaac Quaynor
  • Tyler Brown
  • Key Position Player
  • Brayden Sier
  • Braydon Maynard
  • Jeremy Howe
  • Outside Mid (speed)
  • Atu Bosenavulagi
  • Mark Keane
43. Anton Tohill*
44. Jack Magden
45. Key Position Player
46. Mason Cox

There are 7 players with asterix's. I think we should only keep 3 of them.

Tohill and Greenwood

I would play a 15 year old Daicos if we could.
You could, but then because the poor kid is still underdone and his body not quite built and strong enough and hasnt had any AFL game experience so he makes rookie mistakes and hasnt developed the awareness yet or got his bearings he'll be hauled over hot coals and whats left of his charred carcass and completely cremated confidence will be picked at by the v̶u̶l̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ supporters on the interwebs so that the poor kid ends up looking almost terrified any time the ball or a player comes near him in case he hecks up

Oh wait...

You could, but then because the poor kid is still underdone and his body not quite built and strong enough and hasnt had any AFL game experience so he makes rookie mistakes and hasnt developed the awareness yet or got his bearings he'll be hauled over hot coals and whats left of his charred carcass and completely cremated confidence will be picked at by the v̶u̶l̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ supporters on the interwebs so that the poor kid ends up looking almost terrified any time the ball or a player comes near him in case he fu**s up

Oh wait...

Maybe we can play a 11 year old son of Buckley instead

Maybe we can play a 11 year old son of Buckley instead
Might be a safer bet, at least as far as mental welfare is concerned anyway. They would have inherited both mum's and dad's supreme self-confidence and unwavering belief in themselves that their way of doing things is ultimately the right way and all the people who say otherwise will sooner or later see the error of their ways and come around to his way of doing things

A quick and a tall is all it would take but they would have to be the right ones, and you'd have to get the rest of the list healthy

I'm not sure which is the more difficult task

I don’t say it lightly, but maybe we should trade Sidebottom. He’s not giving anywhere near the level of output he should be but would still command a hefty trade price. If we need to get quality in we have to give up quality. I feel like what we’d get for him would outweigh what he’s currently bringing.

I don’t say it lightly, but maybe we should trade Sidebottom. He’s not giving anywhere near the level of output he should be but would still command a hefty trade price. If we need to get quality in we have to give up quality. I feel like what we’d get for him would outweigh what he’s currently bringing.
His disposal by foot tonight was appalling, worst I can recall however can't really criticise his work ethic.

Two weeks ago after a game he was limping, shoes off back to the dressing room, I wonder whether he too is carrying an injury.

Dave you have no clue about footy all your good for is making a thread for a drafted player with no info.

You bag Treloar weekly but are obsessed with this bloke who has done absolutely nothing, slow boring footballer who is living of being a top 10 pick.

I think most people posting on here have some idea of football, regardless of which ever perspective they choose to have.

Not sure why wanting to keep Scharenberg would cause such angst and personal attacks against Dave.

Regardless, anyone who thinks treloar is providing value for money at the present time is clearly out their mind. Another 39 possessions tonight of what exactly? Emulating Robert Harvey’s ineffectiveness on field?

Supposedly Steele loves playing for the Pies, isn't money hungry and signs whatever contract they put in front of him. So in terms of salary cap, whatever you trade in for him probably will be miles below the level of Steele Sidebottom.

Agreed, but apparently that’s racist

Trade/Sign
Papley
Hill
Agreed

Mayne Miocheck DeGoey
Papley Stephenson WHE
We need to re-jig the forward line but I am not sure this is it. Take out Mayne. Maybe De Goey plays more mid. Add a proper key forward if Cox is cooked and another new small forward with pace, goal sense and pressure ability

Remove this Banner Ad

Back