News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's in line with my expectations - the review will be led by an 'external party' who just happens to be sympathetic to the current executive/board of the AFC. The scope of the review will be quite limited, not the top to bottom audit we require, so the outcome will be relatively meaningless.

Expect movement and shuffling of the deck chairs, with some expendables being held accountable (Harper etc are easy to get rid of), a bunch of recommendations which don't involve genuine personnel and structural change, and then we keep going how we were.

Hart is the most public face and most expendable. Probably why he’s been wheeled out so often of late. “Highest scoring to sub-average scoring, we’ve found the problem ladies and gents. The hobo must go. Problem solved.”

Will retire. Can't see any club in the league going after Jacob's. Players need to know when their time is up.

Sauce is self centred enough to be demanding a 2 year deal on good coin. Once he realises that nobody else is paying, he’ll accept the 1 year $200k deal we’ve probably already put on the table.

Bingo, finally someone else understood the double speak. Fagan continually says they use external consultants all time. You can bet that the review process will be the same as every other year, a full review assisted by external consultants.

I hope people heard Rob's interview and really heard it. It was a whitewash.
Is it considered an externally lead review if the coffee they consume while doing the review is brought from a coffee shop and not brewed in the kitchen at West Lakes?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sauce is self centred enough to be demanding a 2 year deal on good coin. Once he realises that nobody else is paying, he’ll accept the 1 year $200k deal we’ve probably already put on the table.
Clubs will offer him 2 years, it'll be up to him if he wants to move.

If.we put him on 200K for a year as purely insurance then that's fine.

Back onto the rumours..... the Riley Knight to Carlton thing seems to be doing the rounds.

Can't see Knight getting a game there myself, wasted games on him this year.
Perhaps Teague rates him based on 2017 & feels he can get the best out of him...

To be fair you always start high and come down. Maybe he knows he will only get one but if you only ask for one there isn't anywhere to go from there.

What's the absolute minimum wage? Whatever that is for 1 year take it or leave it.

To be fair you always start high and come down. Maybe he knows he will only get one but if you only ask for one there isn't anywhere to go from there.

What's the absolute minimum wage? Whatever that is for 1 year take it or leave it.

Going public a few weeks ago was designed to apply pressure. Then there was the, “very close to being offered a deal at another club” that followed a week or so later. He has a media strategy to apply pressure, just as Thommo did. It’s inexcusable.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just get Mods to do it. He’s around the place - Roo can get him a booth at the Alma to do interviews
Speaking of Mods, I've got a 3 hour luncheon with him and Koster this Saturday (AFC prize). Be interesting to hear his thoughts on this years debacle. Hardly going to tip the bucket on his former club/mates. Will report back anything worthwhile

DMac was meant to be insurance and ended up getting games on the wing ahead of Gallucci and Jones

* this insurance thinking because at our club we will play insurance players because of their experience ahead of young talent that need games

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You make a really good point. Didn’t someone say that they promised to make the changes around the club after the camp debacle and nothing changed? They also needed more fun etc? Was that the club or a journo?

So if they failed to make changes after that total and utter SNAFU what chance do we have??? It’s still awesome down at the mighty AFC.... I might have to change what AFC stands for...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Didn't you see all the happy happy joy joy articles during the preseason?

Everyone was having fun and loving footy again. No injuries and primed for a big year

Why wouldn't you just go to E&Y given their obvious expertise and success with Richmond?

Chapman's Managing Director, and Director Con Tragakis both used to work for KPMG.....

Trading keath for a 1st round pick isnt out of the question at all. Tall defenders that can intercept mark, kick and have genuine speed are hard to come by. Him being 28 is not really an issue as hes a young 28 due to him starting later than most. Our offer to him by all accounts has been well short of what hes worth. Under $250 k. Really it depends on who wants him. If we look at teams that need a chb/fb type and in the finals window i can see these ones going for him.
Geelong
Western bulldogs
Hawthorn
Essendon
I can also see St kilda making a play for him aswell.

Why wouldn't you just go to E&Y given their obvious expertise and success with Richmond?
KPMG is the only firm Rucci knows.....

He sees the logo in Hindmarsh square daily.

They also audit our financials....

Trading keath for a 1st round pick isnt out of the question at all. Tall defenders that can intercept mark, kick and have genuine speed are hard to come by. Him being 28 is not really an issue as hes a young 28 due to him starting later than most. Our offer to him by all accounts has been well short of what hes worth. Under $250 k. Really it depends on who wants him. If we look at teams that need a chb/fb type and in the finals window i can see these ones going for him.
Geelong
Western bulldogs
Hawthorn
Essendon
I can also see St kilda making a play for him aswell.
I would rather keep him and trade out Harto for peanuts.

We dont need two static KPDs for most games. Talia, Keath and Doedee is far more dynamic.

For the handfull of games we need a second big KPD you play Butts.

I would rather keep him and trade out Harto for peanuts.

We dont need two static KPDs for most games. Talia, Keath and Doedee is far more dynamic.

For the handfull of games we need a second big KPD you play Butts.

I agree, unfortunately i think the deals already sorted though.

Would offer him 100k per year. Lucky to get that imo. Would rather the club retires him and we trade in a development ruck on the same money.

Speaking of Mods, I've got a 3 hour luncheon with him and Koster this Saturday (AFC prize). Be interesting to hear his thoughts on this years debacle. Hardly going to tip the bucket on his former club/mates. Will report back anything worthwhile
Ask him if we should do a Blight clean out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back