2019 5th Ashes Test 12-17 September - The Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

he's top scoring in this innings by double at hte moment and you think he's not batting pretty well? fair dinkum...

I’ve repeatedly said he’s batting ok this innings actually but he’s not looking rock solid and apparently he’s in the side for being in hot form, I’d hate to see him in any kind of slump was my point. He’s hanging in there at best.

Despite all your claims of hawkeye being incorrect you haven't been able to give a single example of the point of pitching or impact being wrong on hawkeye so far this series.

You haven't read all my posts then.

If you're still talking about the Warner decision the other day then I'm still bemused that people don't consider a spike on ultraedge exactly as the ball passed the bat as conclusive.

Still talking? I don't recall saying anything about the Warner decision other than agreeing with others that the delay in coming up with the ultra-edge vision was a concern. It's almost like they spliced a sound bite in. Every time there's been a delay with DRS decisions it's always gone against us. Highly suspicious if you ask me. England's found a safer way to cheat than using mints or sandpaper.

You and I have already discussed the fact your interpretation of "umpire's call" meaning "should be out" is miss-aligned with the laws of cricket and has skewed your statistics.

My 'interpretation' is exactly what the laws state. What the arbitrary DRS regs state are irrelevant to the on-field umpire.

I’ve repeatedly said he’s batting ok this innings actually but he’s not looking rock solid and apparently he’s in the side for being in hot form, I’d hate to see him in any kind of slump was my point. He’s hanging in there at best.
he's in hot form whilst also not having the most rock solid technique, but a good eye, from what I've watched. When he's out of form he looks a lot worse than he's shown in this series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you don't, feel free to go through Cricbuzz yourself. I posted the list of umpires call decisions in the last match thread so that can get you started.

Despite all your claims of hawkeye being incorrect you haven't been able to give a single example of the point of pitching or impact being wrong on hawkeye so far this series. If you're still talking about the Warner decision the other day then I'm still bemused that people don't consider a spike on ultraedge exactly as the ball passed the bat as conclusive.
9AAC6B45-3043-4705-A237-AF0BDD841B7D.jpeg

I assume you’ve seen this , the exact pic used by DRS when the spike occurred

I went through it last game on this very forum and gave people a list. Australia had both a greater number of decisions in their favour and a greater number of umpires-call decisions given in their favour.

Does that include all the times that the original decision of the umpire was not out but Paine didn’t review?

I assume you’ve seen this , the exact pic used by DRS when the spike occurred

The only thing this image proved was that an incredible amount of people don't understand what ultraedge is showing them. Ultraedge is a time-sound level graph. Stuff in the middle of the graph is happening during the current frame you're seeing, stuff to the left is stuff that happened just before the frame you see and stuff to the right happens just after the frame you're seeing.

In the case of Warners decision there was a frame just before the ball passed the bat (the one you've provided) and one just after the ball passed the bat. The one just before had a spike to the right of the graph (showing a sound just after this frame) and the one just after had a spike to the left (just before this frame) showing between those frames there was a sound. This proved there was a sound as the ball passed the bat. I hope that clears it up a bit for you.

he's in hot form whilst also not having the most rock solid technique, but a good eye, from what I've watched. When he's out of form he looks a lot worse than he's shown in this series.
I hope he proves me wrong and gets a decent test average of around 40 going playing for Australia but I’m not holding my breath.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back