Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

Remove this Banner Ad

If 12-10 is a pass mark for teague and carlton then it means you rate the list. Which as it pertains to this thread means SOS has done a good job.
No. Read the post and you will see it’s in reply to a Carlton supporter who extrapolated out Teagues half season results to a full season. It’s a tough call on Teague because I don’t think this is a 12-10 team, but you can’t argue with those that watch the team weekly and believe that to be the case.

In saying that, the expectation on a club after its fifth year of a rebuild to just miss on making finals shouldn’t lofty at all.

On the verge of the eight after this time should be the pass mark.

Perhaps the reason why some see it as a big step between year four and five is because the club isn’t where it expected to be. A sacked coach and soon to be sacked list manager is probably indicative of that.

No. Read the post and you will see it’s in reply to a Carlton supporter who extrapolated out Teagues half season results to a full season. It’s a tough call on Teague because I don’t think this is a 12-10 team, but you can’t argue with those that watch the team weekly and believe that to be the case.

In saying that, the expectation on a club after its fifth year of a rebuild to just miss on making finals shouldn’t lofty at all.

On the verge of the eight after this time should be the pass mark.

Perhaps the reason why some see it as a big step between year four and five is because the club isn’t where it expected to be. A sacked coach and soon to be sacked list manager is probably indicative of that.
You have absolutely no idea if and when he's going to be sacked.

This is an odd thread. Rumblings SOS was gonna leave since June and Caro reported nearly a month ago that the wheels are turning on this. This is catch up to the crowd, with a twist and pike that’s it's now a sacking.

The carrying on like SOS’ has been bad for Carlton is something else. It’s a head shaker that people expect a list rebuild totally focused on youth should be yielding significant onfield results after 4 drafts. At first it seemed like just a bit of mindless banter, but reading on, some posters appear to actually believe this is the case. Wow!

We have some shining examples in here of people that brainwash themselves.

This is an odd thread. Rumblings SOS was gonna leave since June and Caro reported nearly a month ago that the wheels are turning on this. This is catch up to the crowd, with a twist and pike that’s it's now a sacking.

The carrying on like SOS’ has been bad for Carlton is something else. It’s a head shaker that people expect a list rebuild totally focused on youth should be yielding significant onfield results after 4 drafts. At first it seemed like just a bit of mindless banter, but reading on, some posters appear to actually believe this is the case. Wow!
I get what you're saying and agree with some of it.

But the bold bit is totally wrong.

So when we start winning. Or when we beat richmond round 1 who is going to be thanked. You guys on here are ridiculous. Sos is a miracle worker. You forget how far back carlton were 4 years ago. He turned Henderson (delisted 2 years later) in mckay. He turned bell (delisted and s**t) into Curnow. You all are ******* trolls. I could list 5/6 more brilliant moments that every other club list managers’ couldn’t hold a candle to. Yes he made some late pick and rookie mistakes but fu** me I could list just any many fu** ups from other clubs managers. The only reason you guys write this rubbish is due to the historic jealousy. A hatred to bring a great man down. He will forever be known as a saviour to Carlton people. A statue will be erected in his honour very shortly. Move on you just won a premiership.
Good response, Jo. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst it is extremely easy to take potshots at Silvagni, many people are forgetting just how bad our list was when he arrived. Malthouse & his cronies made an already bad list even worse with some inane decisions thus forcing Silvagni and his team to go the full Ground Zero approach when he arrived.

Feel free to re-assess where we are at this time next year, everything will be way more evident to you then.

One of the BEST days ever! Thank you Cain Liddle for removing that incompetent imbecile. You also got rid of the other dud, BOLTON. We can look forward now to better times when Liddle employs a list manager that knows what he's doing, and isn't bringing in players to suit his own, selfish ego.

GOOD RIDDANCE SILVAGNI

41-1 for Carlton to win premiership. 8-1 for Collingwood. Does that equate to around 33-1 for your bet??

That's not the right metric, you had the pies finishing below the blues.

Im surprised SOS lasted as long as he did. You guys remember his “special comments” he used to make working for channel 10 during that short 2000’s era when 7 lost the rights? SOS could hardly string 2 words together. Just goes to show that clinical prowess doesn’t instantly equal intellectual prowess.

One of the BEST days ever! Thank you Cain Liddle for removing that incompetent imbecile. You also got rid of the other dud, BOLTON. We can look forward now to better times when Liddle employs a list manager that knows what he's doing, and isn't bringing in players to suit his own, selfish ego.

GOOD RIDDANCE SILVAGNI

Give yourself an uppercut !!

Dunno if it’s that bad tbh. McGovern had a poor year, but he was recruited to be a third tall to largely decoy McKay and Curnow and given how poorly we played in the first half, and how little cohesion the forward group had it’s not a surprise there were some teething issues. Plus McGovern was generally unfit, but that issue isn’t difficult to resolve - especially with Andrew Russell on board.

Shiel on the hand was recruited as a plug and play bonafide star midfielder, but was reasonably pedestrian, showed he couldn’t really play an inside role, and completely s**t the bed and was showed up for effort and determination by a year 3rd Andrew McGrath in Essendon’s one final for the year. At this point in time I’d much rather Caldwell and whoever GWS take in this year’s draft.

So... Let's give Mcgovern some time to adapt and get fit and on the other hand Shiel is a bust? Shiel had a better year than people think because of some early kicking issues, he'll only improve for us over the next few years. 2 mid 1st rounders for Dyl and a 2nd, I'd do that deal again without out blinking.

So... Let's give Mcgovern some time to adapt and get fit and on the other hand Shiel is a bust? Shiel had a better year than people think because of some early kicking issues, he'll only improve for us over the next few years. 2 mid 1st rounders for Dyl and a 2nd, I'd do that deal again without out blinking.

For what you recruited him for, yeh I think Shiel has looked far and away from the star you recruited him to be. What’s become apparent is how much he leveraged the heavy lifting of the star-studded midfield surrounding him, where he was free to use his pace. Essendon don’t have the midfield to get him free, and so he’s confined to a link up role.

It’s not his kicking issues that’d concern me (although that’s now a glaring problem too), it’s his lack of tenacity and general reluctance to get his hands dirty and get the team going. It’s been a problem for Essendon for years now, that unless they’ve got waves of momentum they’re listless, and no one stands up to stem the tide, and Shiel was supposed to be at least one player who would do this.

Some players rise to the added responsibility and scrutiny when they’re traded in to lead a team’s midfield - Judd, Ablett, Neale, Dangerfield et al. Shiel doesn’t appear to be one of those players.

I'll never forget when he appeared on Footy Classified.

You got a true glimpse of the actual person. He had hatred and bitterness in his eyes. Even Chris Judd could not make eye contact with him and he's a powerful individual in his own right.
Stephen was given far too much power because of the famous name and what he means to that footy club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back