Play Nice Politics #3 - Covideo killed the radio star

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Bush Jnr, but you can take your pick of the rest. Any of the others since Reagan would be better - and Reagan & Bush Snr are dead.
Sadly even Bush junior would be better as Cheney was running things.

A - combating xenophobia is always a good thing
B - most of New York's cases originated in Europe, not China

How is combating racism a bad thing?

Huh. It was racist to close the borders at the outset of the virus? So Trump is damned for not closing the borders quick enough and then damned for closing the borders because it was "racist".

Sadly even Bush junior would be better as Cheney was running things.

You can't believe this. As brash, arrogant and stupid as Trump is you would prefer a president whose administration murdered millions of people across the middle east. How many young Australians died as a result of the horrendous Bush wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

We can rule out Bush Jnr for obvious reasons. But you think Clinton or Obama were any better? When compared to Trump both, especially Obama, were given a free pass by the media and the Left.
It's not even a contest v Clinton/Obama/Bush senior & the fact you are even asking the question is laughable.

You can't believe this. As brash, arrogant and stupid as Trump is you would prefer a president whose administration murdered millions of people across the middle east. How many young Australians died as a result of the horrendous Bush wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I'll give you this as the war on terror created more terrorism & the weapons of mass destruction were made up.

The truth is both Bush junior & Trump are terrible leaders.

Frydenberg now pushing for the removal of state payroll taxes, which were meant to be removed along with plenty of another smaller inefficient taxes with the introduction of the GST.

Hopefully from this pandemic we get a proper restructure of taxes.

Start with enduring all big businesses are paying their fair share. Ie. Those making massive revenues but paying buggar all tax now pay a minimum % on their revenue base.

We can come up with a far fairer & efficient system than what we currently have.

We can rule out Bush Jnr for obvious reasons. But you think Clinton or Obama were any better? When compared to Trump both, especially Obama, were given a free pass by the media and the Left.

Seriously?

Obama wins the 2008 Presidential Election and had to deal with the GFC which occurred due to George W Bush.

The press giving him crap is because he is an antagonist and has the vocabulary and the grammar of a 5 year old. And that is being disrespectful to 5 year olds. Listen to his press conferences. Bloody shambles and waffle and incoherency.

Need to open your eyes and listen with your ears.

Last edited:
Huh. It was racist to close the borders at the outset of the virus? So Trump is damned for not closing the borders quick enough and then damned for closing the borders because it was "racist".

Let’s understand this, he only closed the borders to China and it was only to the Chinese residents, it wasn’t to non-Chinese or overseas USA residents even though there were cases overseas of infection (inc Australia). So it is a fine line whether it could be conceived to be racist.

He didn’t close the borders to Europe until mid-March (sone 6 weeks later) and then the UK followed once they realised people were travelling from mainland Europe to UK to get to USA.

Among other protests across the US, protestors start smashing windows at the CNN Centre in Atlanta

Let’s understand this, he only closed the borders to China and it was only to the Chinese residents, it wasn’t to non-Chinese or overseas USA residents even though there were cases overseas of infection (inc Australia). So it is a fine line whether it could be conceived to be racist.

He didn’t close the borders to Europe until mid-March (sone 6 weeks later) and then the UK followed once they realised people were travelling from mainland Europe to UK to get to USA.
Trump was slow to react, including ignoring much of the advice of his chief medical officer... & rather than taking a leadership role like ScoMo did working with the state leaders to pull in the same direction... he has been warring with many the states rather than supporting them.

Further, rather providing clear helpful messaging to citizens, he has been more interested in attention seeking with whacko statements like his infamous bleach comment.

He is not fit to be a leader. Period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it fascinating that armed white nationalists can storm government buildings and the police don’t say boo.

Protests resulting from white officer murdering black man in broad daylight...and they are ready to crack skulls.

Police in many of these spots are actively escalating situations, purposefully and wantonly

WTF are you crapping on about?

There's a world of difference between closing the borders to China and xenophobic attacks on restaurants in Chinatown, where most of the owners are Chinese Americans.

That would be NYPD under the control of Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo and Democrat mayor Bill de Blasio yeah?

Where do you think the mentality comes from??

Be as obtuse as you want.

Where do you think the mentality comes from??

Be as obtuse as you want.
What a load of crap, by all means blame someone when they're directly responsible but that's clearly not the case there. You're the obtuse one not I.

Plenty of scenes of utter disgrace from various US police forces over the past 24 hours.

When I first started my career I was an assistant prosecutor 1999-2006. The officers I dealt with in those 7 years started to significantly shift, most especially after 9/11.

I remember towards the end of that time I was sitting outside a courtroom with a Sgt. I had grown to highly respect. I was telling him I had noticed the newer patrol officers were much different than when I first started.

He identified something I had not really thought about to that point. He said it was a result of the fighting in the middle east. He pointed out that many of the incoming officers from 2003-on had been in the military. They would go out on patrol and view everyone (often times rightfully) as the enemy.

He said these guys have brought that home. Instead of looking to de-escalate situations, they instead have the first instinct of ratcheting up situations.

He told me it used to be if you had to use force to arrest someone it was considered a poor outcome due to the danger to yourself and fellow officers.

He told me now it is a badge of honor and something to be joked about as if in the locker room after a game.

Sgt was right and it has only gotten worse in the last 13 years.

Last edited:
What a load of crap, by all means blame someone when they're directly responsible but that's clearly not the case there. You're the obtuse one not I.

Carry on mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back