Autopsy Hawks fall short against the Swans - Rd 8 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

we were crap again and didnt deserve to win....individual performances aside...
stand-outs ...Papply free and Mitchel non-free was crap...you could argue Sicily non -free (Reid) was crap...Parker free ( sling tackle) was crap...overall a pretty crap Saturday

For those saying the game plan is broken. We were running at 27% kicking efficiency in the last.

So is it chicken or egg?

My comments from last weeks game remain the same. We are unable to find cohesion, we're not confident in each other, we have little to no connection and we make some pretty basic skill errors.

Can't really play much worse than that today, and yet we lost by a kick somehow. At least we are closer to our next win.
Hard to find cohesion when your first instinct is to kick toward the boundary line. I always worry when we all play the safest option and have no dare. I dare say that this is the straw that broke the camels back.

true but who wasn't from our side, unfair to just blame him when everyone except sicily butchered the ball

the kicks he did land were directly responsible for two or three goals too

That is true, we have so many poor users who just hack it. It just frustrated me as I watched him up and under everything even when not under much pressure.

The last one, Sicily just made look good, it was a hail mary high kick.

Maybe it's due to my involvement in junior footy, but I cannot abide players who kick the ball off the ground.

It really annoys me that so many of our players prefer to kick it off the ground than try to win the hard ball. Maybe you get pinged for holding the ball, or maybe you get pushed in the back or find a teammate with a handball.

So, probably time for everyone to realise it wasn't just the GWS ground, it wasn't because of X or Y. We are just bad and things need to be adressed. Beaten by kids tonight, I'm sure all will be okay next week when we add Ceglar and Puopolo and get older though.

Clarko's greatest weakness is his greatest strength.

He believes in players... and himself.

Previously think 09 (but at least he had an early 08 to kind of look back at that) onwards he believes and we got 3 in a row 13-15, now though we ain't actually competitive. We are rubbish. And being rubbish with the constraints on clubs and the changing of the rules if we win is expected at some stage and when your coach goes public about holding the ball and you get less it doesn't help.

But yes we are the end of the world as you know it... and I feel fine, to quote REM.

I actually believe if Clarko goes into rebuild mode, we will rebuild before most perhaps. But I actually think we are at this stage. So we do need to take it. A bloke like Will day doesn't have to put up with ego's, he came on board to win. And if your ego Alistair as you already have 4 is stopping him from getting there because you've already got 4 what do you care, needs to stop.

As an aside I've heard 300 times Worpel is our youngest ever Peter Crimmins Medallist... at the moment he's the worst ever returning Peter Crimmins medallist ever, he has done nothing all year at all. He doesn't even stop players anymore. He's the Mitch Lewis of forwards. The Micnchington of pocket players., The Stratton of Captains the BB of ruck tap outs. The Burgoyne of need to be retirees.

We ain't in trouble overall unless you really believed we were winning this year.

However we really need some fundamental changes to sort ourselves out. Including and this is really pissing me off BB being Clarko's ass kissing off sider... yet his boss yes that BB is Clarko's boos allegedly cos it is not happening (BB is not McEvoy) we have been rubbish since he came back. it's a deadest obvious issue at the club.

Channel 9 leads their sports preview with the pressure on Clarkson. Hmm. North Melbourne has lost six straight. Guess it shows the irrelevance of North Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is true, we have so many poor users who just hack it. It just frustrated me as I watched him up and under everything even when not under much pressure.

The last one, Sicily just made look good, it was a hail mary high kick.

yeah I was more talking about the first quarter, he faded pretty hard along with JOM and shiels who started well too. Meh, I just don't think he's the only problem in this side, people like to blame specific players but there's a myriad reasons why we're performing so bad and omitting scully will not fix them

Literally don’t know where to start...

We are slow. Haven’t seen any bursts of pace from Smith. Sorely miss Impey. Shorter games severely impacts Scully - other players aren’t running out of puff. Muinhington is not fast enough for the role he is playing It just feels like EVERYONE is slower than their man.

We are soft. Our tackling is a joke. I would love to see a stat showing how many broken tackles we lay. Teams are walking it past us.

We are sloppy. Where are the clean hands at ground level. Even Silk’s skills were putrid today. All we do is hack it forward.

We are unable to create separation, and I am not just talking about forwards. Where is the running into space? I can’t remember a single occasion where we hit a kick to a leading player. Is it workrate?

We have no leadership. Stratton needs to go. He is not a leader, never was.

Wingard and Gunston tried hard, in very difficult circumstances. As did McEvoy.

Sicity is a gun. Day will be.

Frawley and Frost go okay.

Rubbish.

I was at a game at the MCG when Dowler kicked 4 goals against Essenscum and guess what, he showed affort.

Something unfortunately Mitch does not, and I will gladly go on record insaying the bloke will be delisted within 12 months.

Do I hope I am wrong bloody oath I do, however I fear I am correct.

One game. Lewis still has that covered. You're having a lend Taz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back