Autopsy Hawks fall short against the Swans - Rd 8 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you dweebs actually realise JOM has to do all the heavy lifting because we because otherwise we can’t win clearances? Mitchell has ONE clearance over the last two games. Yes, ONE. Worpel use to fend people off and also lower his eyes going into the 50 now he literally does a 35m “bomb” every possession. You’d see a different JOM if others fed him the ball in space which literally never happens.

There’s just no resilience in this lineup... As soon as the opposition gets a bit of a run on and start putting some pressure on us - our heads go down and it looks like we’re assuming we’re gonna lose.
I suppose you look to your leaders in those tough situations and all we’ve got is Stratton goofing around in the back line and messing things up..

Worpel's ceiling is severely overrated by our own. Yeah he was great last year but he is a battler with a bit of speed and aggression. If we got given access to draft a real top end talent that we had our eye om via a top 10 pick, id trade him in a heartbeat.
We have a midfield comprised of O'Meara, Mitchell, Worpell and Shiels - none of which are renowned for hurting the opposition

21 years old, reigning Crimmins Medallist and you want to trade him based on eight games for a draft pick.

One week later it’s still a bad idea.

Can I put something forward here that had always separated the HFC from the rest and why we win REAL flags more then anyone else when we get there.

The obvious thing is our people. So, next time I see Clarkson helping itchmond win a flag i'll spew, the same goes for Dunstall helping the Crows etc - in effect we have made the competition more even because we have given away OUR true values, to the other s**t house clubs who relied upon outside factors- Cartank and paper bags - Scum - drugs (enough said) - Handbags - Umpires plus drugs in their recent success (imported from the legends sheedy coached, Plus having a commissioner on the afl to hide it (Hello Colin Carter) ......anyways....back on point.

This is all a Phyyic victory to current mob of corruption at afl house, because they quickly teach any imports (Frost, Winggard etc) and our draft kids, that you get no favors, nothing but unfairness, when you play in the Gold and Brown, so you simply have to get on with it and BEAT your opponent, by being simple better and ruthless. This is WHY we win finals and Grand Finals, the s**t that actually matters, not todays crap when umpire number 8 did a D Goldspink.

This season will battle harden the Will Days etc, and make the soft ones, that are carried by the hard nuts, slowly disappear over the next few seasons.

We have a few young talls who do take contested marks, but we first have to see if the ones who have been around a few more years are going to actually grow up, and get mean, get serious and do something. This is dreadfully lacking in the entire team.

Our coach also needs to turn back into a bastard.

You watch, today's s**t will turn this club. Mark my words.

Smith would be in the top 5 b & f. One of the only players that adds run and carry. I feel sorry for Scully - in a team that has run and carry he looks good. Our game plan is the one that suits him least. You need contested players (he is not) and outside runners (he is). We just can't get him the ball in space.

Agree with all the others.
I posted this after the loss to Melbourne last week, and was criticised.

Who wants to have another crack today?

“I’m not sure of their respective contract situations, but I have no problem with the following hanging up their boots come November:

Frawley
Burgoyne (one season too many unfortunately)
Henderson
Stratton
Puopolo
Scully
Smith

Inject more youth and start building the team to seriously challenge in 2023”

My 11 year old plays sport and the last message to him before any game is, "do your best and enjoy it". I'm not saying that our guys are not doing their best but none of them, coach included, display any look of enjoyment.

The game plan stifles, the results denude confidence, the skill level limits opportunities to hurt the opposition when we are on top, the decision making is based on no risk football.

Given where we are, where we are likely end up and the challenges around the season itself I would:

Make the game plan simple like kids play. Kick forward and challenge. Sideways and backwards are out. We are losing anyway so try and score as often as we can.

Encourage risk taking by rewarding them by playing them and in public utterances too.

Pick the most confident players weekly, timidity and nerves kill games.

Order certain players never to handball in our own half.

Play a high full forward in every game. Ignore the kms runnstats for him.

I am so proud and lucky to be a hawks long term member and supporter. So many good times and 2008 and 2013-15 best moments of my life outside of family. But * me, this is an embarrassment. Swans are crap and they pulled our pants down. Soft, soft, soft! Hack kicks round the corner to 3 waiting players all day long. ******* lay a tackle. Don’t blame the umpires. 2-3 years hard slog now. Boring, slow footy. For the first time I nearly couldn’t watch. 2020 can * itself! 😢

These were the kids that Horse was playing, and was having them play an ambitious, fairly exciting and hungry game plan.

Ling - 21, debut
Taylor - 19, 2 games
Stephens - 19, 3 games
Bell - 21, 3 games

Rowbottom - 19, 20 games
Blakey, 20, 29 games
Dawson - 23, 33 games
McCartin - 20, 39 games

Plus Sam Gray, and Lewis Taylor that have been at Sydney for 5 games.

Just an interesting stat, our free kick count since and including the north game is something like 110-58. And of course the free kick count only tells half the story. It doesn’t count the ones we don’t get that we should, nor does it account for when the umps gift our opposition the momentum on a silver platter (like today with the papley bollocks)

We are getting absolutely and utterly reamed yet again. I’m not surprised Clarko is ropable....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worpel's ceiling is severely overrated by our own. Yeah he was great last year but he is a battler with a bit of speed and aggression. If we got given access to draft a real top end talent that we had our eye om via a top 10 pick, id trade him in a heartbeat.
We have a midfield comprised of O'Meara, Mitchell, Worpell and Shiels - none of which are renowned for hurting the opposition
THIS 100%. Can't go into next year with this midfield. Worpel has currency. All their Disposal is disgusting. I like Worpel the best but the others don't have currency. Only thing I can think of is if Freo want to offer their first for Jaeger?

Do you dweebs actually realise JOM has to do all the heavy lifting because we because otherwise we can’t win clearances? Mitchell has ONE clearance over the last two games. Yes, ONE. Worpel use to fend people off and also lower his eyes going into the 50 now he literally does a 35m “bomb” every possession. You’d see a different JOM if others fed him the ball in space which literally never happens.
Exactly. We need to run some others through there to feed out the ball to him. We are so sloppy in a contest it draws the wings right in close and even if we get it to them they are immediately in a contest instead of breaking towards goals.

Can I put something forward here that had always separated the HFC from the rest and why we win REAL flags more then anyone else when we get there.

The obvious thing is our people. So, next time I see Clarkson helping itchmond win a flag i'll spew, the same goes for Dunstall helping the Crows etc - in effect we have made the competition more even because we have given away OUR true values, to the other sh*t house clubs who relied upon outside factors- Cartank and paper bags - Scum - drugs (enough said) - Handbags - Umpires plus drugs in their recent success (imported from the legends sheedy coached, Plus having a commissioner on the afl to hide it (Hello Colin Carter) ......anyways....back on point.

This is all a Phyyic victory to current mob of corruption at afl house, because they quickly teach any imports (Frost, Winggard etc) and our draft kids, that you get no favors, nothing but unfairness, when you play in the Gold and Brown, so you simply have to get on with it and BEAT your opponent, by being simple better and ruthless. This is WHY we win finals and Grand Finals, the sh*t that actually matters, not todays crap when umpire number 8 did a D Goldspink.

This season will battle harden the Will Days etc, and make the soft ones, that are carried by the hard nuts, slowly disappear over the next few seasons.

We have a few young talls who don't take contested marks, but we fist have to see if the ones who have been around a few more years are going to actually grow up, and get mean, something dreadfully lacking in the entire team.

Our coach also needs to turn back into a bastard.

You watch, today's sh*t will turn this club.
I agree we need to go back to being bastards, but I dont think this game will turn us.. We have been praying our small misfortunes were not part of a larger issue... I think they are...

In Clarko's presser he talks about "lacking polish"... imho there are deeper ( structural and morale ) issues than our polish... Maybe its the travel. Maybe its the leadership... But there is very little heart right now.

Last edited:
Worst kicking efficiency ever under Clarkson.

4th worst kicking efficiency of any team in the last 15 years.
Are all the kicks off the ground and smothers included in this stat? We had c.10 smothers against and HEAPS of off the grounds. Might explain a bit of it.

I should say - it still makes it a valid stat even if the above are included

Name the eight.

I keep hearing this, but apart from the bloke going to the Dogs it seems a mystery.

FWIW I heard Cal Twomey say this week 3 of the top 15 are tied to a club and then 7 or so of the next 15 after that. (so in effect 10 of the top 30).

At this stage I’d rather Schoenmakers than O’Brien. :$

TOB at least attacks the ball
Puts his body on the line
Reads the play
And almost marks the ball

and that’s way more than what Lewis is bringing atm

Are all the kicks off the ground and smothers included in this stat? We had c.10 smothers against and HEAPS of off the grounds. Might explain a bit of it.

I should say - it still makes it a valid stat even if the above are included
Yeah they count. Day had a de of 60% or similar and he almost never misses a target except for the kicks off the ground etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back