Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - EF vs. West Coast Eagles - OS (Perth), Sat 03/10 @ 8:10pm AEST

Do you think we can win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Many figured out what kind of a person Beams was at Copeland in 2012 or whenever it was while he was out gambling...

Everyone knows also Collingwood doesn't have a clue anymore - it's sad to see the side slide

Spin it however you want
Wouldn't waste your breathe. The common concencus is that our 6 forwards from 2018 are suddenly no good and we need a new one. We'll learn the hard way when that shiny new forward also gives us nothing and gets dropped. The game plan bar 18/19 has been the same under Buckley and it has ruined the careers of Cloke and Moore (demoted to a defensive position).

Last edited:
Cox to ruck 50% of the time with Grundy. Nic will tire very quickly trying to jump over Cox one minute, and then getting crashed into with Grundy the next. He only plays about 60% of the game as it is.
Cameron to take the tall forward position in place of Cox when he rucks. Grundy to split time on the bench and as the second tall forward.

Towards the end of the game, Nic will be spent, Cox the better tap ruckman will feed our mids, and we will sail home with a 5 goal last quarter.

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

I have no issue with Buckley and no issue with the changes.

Seriously, The In Bucks I Trust s**t is embarrassing you sound like Essendon supporters.

Seems my sarcasm is far too subtle for some...

We’re going in with only three top tier mids - Pendles, Treloar and Adams.

DeGoey (rather than Elliott), Crisp and Maynard all need to play big midfield minutes for us to have a chance.

And if any of Pendles, Treloar and Adams gets injured, well, it’s gonna get very ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t mind the changes if this allows De Goey at every Center bounce. We kick it forward and hope we outmark the Eagles defenders.

De GOEY & Hurn could dominate on undersized defenders.

Cox to ruck 50% of the time with Grundy. Nic will tire very quickly trying to jump over Cox one minute, and then getting crashed into with Grundy the next. He only plays about 60% of the game as it is.
Cameron to take the tall forward position in place of Cox when he rucks. Grundy to split time on the bench and as the second tall forward.

Towards the end of the game, Nic will be spent, Cox the better tap ruckman will feed our mids, and we will sail home with a 5 goal last quarter.

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

I want whatever you’re on....

I do agree, but look at the quality of the majority of other teams' tall forwards. There's very few genuine A graders in the comp these days.

However, you are quite right in the sense that we haven't even really tried to draft and develop one properly.

I would put it to you that every other team has at least one tall forward that is more effective and talented than all of Cox, Mihochek & Cameron.

Yes, our drafting/recruiting focus has been terrible. Hine may have been The Man a decade ago but not in recent times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think our coaching staff has completely lost their way
It’s as if the 2017 review never happened tbh. Everyone has just slid back in to their old ways and are wondering why things are going wrong again....

Amazing they are going in with only 3 genuine mids again. Buckley and Harvey are clueless. Hopefully they are sacked by Monday

I have to admit, I’m starting to question. Yep, 3018 was great, but Rendell is right - so much talent that has gone backwards. And the type of player that have been picked - the battlers - worries me.

We’re going in with only three top tier mids - Pendles, Treloar and Adams.

DeGoey (rather than Elliott), Crisp and Maynard all need to play big midfield minutes for us to have a chance.

And if any of Pendles, Treloar and Adams gets injured, well, it’s gonna get very ugly.

So your saying we need pick up some more mids?

I have to admit, I’m starting to question. Yep, 3018 was great, but Rendell is right - so much talent that has gone backwards. And the type of player that have been picked - the battlers - worries me.
OMG. Do we still play Australian Rules in the year 3018????
Is it a world game now, or a universal game???

lolol

Imagine an AFL team going into a final with a three-prong talls set-up comprising a rookie-listed player, a recycled NEAFL player and an international experimental player! And the Emergency named to cover them is another international experimental player! What a joke!

Seriously Collingwood recruitment team, how the hell did it ever come to this? We have enough half back flankers and depth mids for three or four teams but not one genuine A-grade tall forward.

It’s more than a decade since Ben Reid and Travis Cloke were at their peaks. Since then it has been a series of gap-fillers, experiments and bargain-bin recycled hacks. Our failure to recruit or draft a top-tier talk forward is an absolute disgrace.

THISSS

Back